32k miles 1991 560SEC BaT... - Page 8 - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 04:42 AM
Premium Member
 
Date registered: Jun 2012
Vehicle: 1991 560 SEC Black on Grey
Location: Leesburg, Va. 20175
Posts: 1,881
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Premium Member
Some guy went to see that car in the flesh and said it is beyond what the owner states it is. I will take his word for it as he has actually SEEN and driven the car in person as opposed to some guy with a beer in one hand and a mouse in the other who doesn't have a nickel in the game and doesn't have any intention of buying.
Richter Rox likes this.
bflobob8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #72 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 05:02 AM
BenzWorld Veteran
 
Richter Rox's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2016
Vehicle: 1988 560 sec
Location: Boston Ma
Posts: 665
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
The longer the defense of an action the greater the chance of guilt .

This is one of the nicest 560 SEC that I have seen for sale in the last 3 years and it is being treated as if it some neglected bondo bucket .

If this is precedent of how members of this forum are going to treat sellers of these cars it is petty and pathetic .

What goes around comes around , the chance of the next car that A forum member sells being as nice as this one is low should we rip them a new one also?
GreenT likes this.
Richter Rox is offline  
post #73 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 09:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
GreenT's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 1995 S500 - 1986 420SEL
Location: Floriduh
Posts: 60,284
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 10418 Post(s)
I'm old enough to remember when a long, long, looooong time ago we used to complain 126s were the best MB evah but didn't get enough respect because they were so freaking cheap to buy.

So here we are...


GreenT is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #74 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 02:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: Too many to list
Location: USA
Posts: 8,187
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 1509 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter Rox View Post
The longer the defense of an action the greater the chance of guilt .

This is one of the nicest 560 SEC that I have seen for sale in the last 3 years and it is being treated as if it some neglected bondo bucket .

If this is precedent of how members of this forum are going to treat sellers of these cars it is petty and pathetic .

What goes around comes around , the chance of the next car that A forum member sells being as nice as this one is low should we rip them a new one also?
Totally agreed .
Unfortunately what we are seeing is the resurgence Of the “clique “ from 500eboard that thinks they know it all . Most of them left benzworld or were outright banned from bw . So now they talk about w126s at a 500eboard forum bc they have no place else to post their pompous drivel .

Evidently there’s still a couple who still post in both forums and you’ll notice it’s those exact same members posting in both forums (here and 500eboard) who are also posting negative comments on BaT

Last edited by tusabes; 07-30-2018 at 02:17 PM.
tusabes is offline  
post #75 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 02:24 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
126guyMD's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2017
Vehicle: 1989 560SEC
Location: United States
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tusabes View Post
Totally agreed .
Unfortunately what we are seeing is the resurgence Of the “clique “ from 500eboard that thinks they know it all . Most of them left benzworld or were outright banned from bw . So now they talk about w126s at a 500eboard forum bc they have no place else to post their pompous drivel .

Evidently there’s still a couple who still post in both forums and you’ll notice it’s those exact same members posting in both forums (here and 500eboard) who are also posting negative comments on BaT
Yet you and your buddies are more than happy to "use" the content posted to said 500eboard 126 sub-forum by that pompous know-it-all clique.

LoL !!

LWB250 likes this.
126guyMD is offline  
post #76 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 02:29 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
126guyMD's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2017
Vehicle: 1989 560SEC
Location: United States
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
I think you guys should make a litmus test -- either you exclusively hang out and post over at 500Eboard 126 forum, or you exclusively hang out and post here.

Anyone hanging out and posting at both forums should be perma-banned from one or the other. Pick your poison.
126guyMD is offline  
post #77 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 02:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
LWB250's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2013
Vehicle: 65 220SEb, 97 SL500, 98 E320 Wagon, 2002 ML500 - former W108/W112/W114/W123/W124/W126/W140/W220
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 6,062
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1045 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 126guyMD View Post
I think you guys should make a litmus test -- either you exclusively hang out and post over at 500Eboard 126 forum, or you exclusively hang out and post here.

Anyone hanging out and posting at both forums should be perma-banned from one or the other. Pick your poison.
Wow. I can't even begin to grasp the ideas behind this comment.

So membership in a particular group or forum should prevent you from belonging elsewhere?

WOW.

Using that logic would suggest that if someone belonged to say, PeachParts, they couldn't belong here. Or if they belonged to MBWorld, they couldn't belong here.

What about private groups? I administrate one of the oldest private MB enthusiasts' mailing lists in existence, a legacy from the MBZ dot org site belonging to Richard Sexton. If I belong there would that negate my ability to join other forums?

I'm waiting for the pitchforks and torches next.

LWB250 is online now  
post #78 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 02:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
gsxr's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: Buncha W124's
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 2,009
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWB250 View Post
The shift knob was a swing and a miss, I'll admit.
No, the shift knob was a swing and a solid base hit, but not a home run. The shift knob was not factory installed in Germany, it was a dealer-installed option - same as the cheesy chrome wheels seen on far too many 80's and 90's MB's. Who knows where the dealer sourced the knob (or the mats listed on the same invoice), and what happened to the original factory knob. You didn't even have to slide into first, Dan.



Quote:
Originally Posted by LWB250 View Post
I think a later poster summed it up nicely - a garage find that has been cleaned up for sale, with a fair amount of deferred maintenance, I would add. I think it's great that it's drawing the dollars and interest it is. Certainly nothing I say is going to cause people to fail to bid on it - however, it might open their eyes to some of the nits it's got, and that's par for the course on BAT. Anyone who lists a car on BAT should expect it to be picked apart. That's what makes BAT a great venue.
Yup, it's a nice car, and the Demon guy is pretty likely to snipe at the end and add to his collection as-is, not worried about old suspension components or fluid leaks. Just needs to look good parked in a climate-controlled garage with velvet ropes around it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by bflobob8 View Post
Some guy went to see that car in the flesh and said it is beyond what the owner states it is. I will take his word for it as he has actually SEEN and driven the car in person as opposed to some guy with a beer in one hand and a mouse in the other who doesn't have a nickel in the game and doesn't have any intention of buying.
There are 2 problems with this: First, unless you know the fellow in person and trust him to be an expert on this vintage of MB, his opinion does not carry any weight. Now if Jono from Blue Ridge did a PPI and reported it to be fantastic, that would be a different story. Second, unless the person is a known entity (disclaimer - I have no idea)... don't rule out the possibility of a shill comment. The guy registered on BaT within the past month (BaT doesn't show the date), and posted his first ever comment two days ago. Link. Just sayin'.

126guyMD likes this.
gsxr is offline  
post #79 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 02:50 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
126guyMD's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2017
Vehicle: 1989 560SEC
Location: United States
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
How dare you disparage this precious C126 auction, gsxr!

What are you even doing over in the 126 forum here anyway? Aren't you one of those pompous know-it-alls who quit BW and hangs out over at 500Eboard?
126guyMD is offline  
post #80 of 91 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 02:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
gsxr's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: Buncha W124's
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 2,009
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 126guyMD View Post
How dare you disparage this precious C126 auction, gsxr! What are you even doing over in the 126 forum here anyway? Aren't you one of those pompous know-it-alls who quit BW and hangs out over at 500Eboard?
Why yes, I am! I didn't realize you recognized me! I feel special.

126guyMD likes this.
gsxr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome