BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2009
Vehicle: '91 560SEC, '91 300SE (sold), '98 Yota, '02 S-10 Hauler
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1282 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRH View Post
Social media and driving a car at the same time are a lethal mix but it does not stop people doing it every day at the wheel of a car.
Yes Evil, glad to hear you and your Bride are ok, your car did as it was designed to do and saved you two from harm. Nice SEC "upgrade" there

Here in Georgia (USA) a new law in effect July 2018 makes it illegal to use or even hold any phone while driving, hands free (Bluetooth ?) only, BUT it's rather difficult to enforce the law when you see the Cops (some but not all of them) riding around holding THEIR phones talking or focused on their passenger seat mounted laptops.
Evilaseq likes this.

Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My Stable:
'91 560SEC "Ursula"
'91 300SE (sold) "Sadie"
'11 Suzuki SX4 Sport Sedan
'02 S-10 Truck
'72 SeaBird boat, "Riff Raft", overhaul restarted

Dif-tor heh smusma
I'm surprised that NOBODY has asked me what this is / means
LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 92 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 09:20 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2012
Vehicle: 1977 W116 450SEL and 1988 W126 560SEC
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooky_chew_bacca View Post
Yes Evil, glad to hear you and your Bride are ok, your car did as it was designed to do and saved you two from harm. Nice SEC "upgrade" there

Here in Georgia (USA) a new law in effect July 2018 makes it illegal to use or even hold any phone while driving, hands free (Bluetooth ?) only, BUT it's rather difficult to enforce the law when you see the Cops (some but not all of them) riding around holding THEIR phones talking or focused on their passenger seat mounted laptops.
We have that here in Ontario, been in effect for more than a year now. They are getting inventive with these sting operations, this is one example from last year:

I thought it was brilliant!
wooky_chew_bacca likes this.
post #83 of 92 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 09:25 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmann_20v View Post
We have that here in Ontario, been in effect for more than a year now. They are getting inventive with these sting operations, this is one example from last year:

I thought it was brilliant!
LOOK Mom, the "homeless guy" bumming change is actually a COP
karmann_20v likes this.

My Stable:
'91 560SEC "Ursula"
'91 300SE (sold) "Sadie"
'02 S-10 Truck

Dif-tor heh smusma
LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 92 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 01:12 PM

Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 1986/1990 W126
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1160 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
So sorry to hear that horrible news. Such a nice car too. But as you're ok.

And congratulations on the wedding! I went to a wedding in Poland and it was bloody brilliant.
Evilaseq likes this.

'86 420SE
'90 420SEC

Daily transport 9spd Giant DH Comp downhill bike
post #85 of 92 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 01:40 PM
Premium Member

Date registered: Jun 2012
Vehicle: 1991 560 SEC Black on Grey
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Premium Member
UGH. I would have cried like a baby also. Then, being an American I would have shot her dead there and then and gone to prison for a couple years.
Glad you are both OK.
Evilaseq likes this.
post #86 of 92 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2016
Vehicle: 1988 500 SEC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmann_20v View Post
That is sad... Such a nice example has been written off.!
I sold it to my friend from Poznań because I didn't have any good place to store wrecked car for longer period of time or dismantle it and sold out part by part or reuse the parts in my new car. Couple days later friend told me that he sold the car as I sold it to him, new owner is a pretty wealthy guy who has a couple of old mercs - he will probably use the car as a part donor to his cars, less probably that he will try to rebuild the car - but nothing is impossible when you have money and right people. I hope that parts from my ex-car will save some S-classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooky_chew_bacca View Post
In Poland such law is in effect for a long long time (at least mid 90's) - it was introduced to prevent using of CB radios, which are mainly used for warning other drivers of Police patrols in the area I don't need to say that it's totally unenforceable - drivers use phones, CB's, tablets and other devices that distract them from driving...

And of course driving in Poland is a pretty tough challenge - we have one of the newest and one of wider highways in the EU - still most of drivers are overconfident and don't know how to use them.

After many years of crappy post communist cars, more and more Poles can afford new powerful ones, and if they can't buy them - they borrow them from luxury car rental companies and it sometimes ends like this (famous case from late september this year - Polish drivers race with their luxury cars on Slovakian mountain roads causing a deadly accident)

All in all - It's good that in my case no one was injured. Thanks for your support and good words - I hope that SEC will have more luck than the SEL had

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianrandom View Post
I went to a wedding in Poland and it was bloody brilliant.
You almost can't go wrong with Polish weddings and wedding parties
ianrandom likes this.

Last edited by Evilaseq; 10-28-2018 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Adding quotes
post #87 of 92 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 02:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Garage
Now ya got me watching the "crash" videos LOL the "funny" ones are the icy roads and folks sliding, spinning out, and running into stuff without anyone getting hurt.

Watching these videos still LOL, just shows me that there are dumbass drivers all around the world driving too fast on icy and wet roads and not paying attention to other cars and pedestrians in crosswalks, running lights (again, not paying attention)

Just the wet roads is part of why I don't drive my coupe in the rain and living out here in the country there isn't nearly as much traffic (city streets, trolleys) to deal with as there is downtown

My Stable:
'91 560SEC "Ursula"
'91 300SE (sold) "Sadie"
'02 S-10 Truck

Dif-tor heh smusma
LOL

Last edited by wooky_chew_bacca; 10-28-2018 at 03:20 PM.
post #88 of 92 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 08:07 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bflobob8 View Post
UGH. I would have cried like a baby also. Then, being an American I would have shot her dead there and then and gone to prison for a couple years.
Glad you are both OK.
Nah, forget capping her ass, give her something to remember you, beat the crap outta her (or him) with my walking stick and come up with the story of her kept falling down and I was merely trying to "help" her back to her feet

My Stable:
'91 560SEC "Ursula"
'91 300SE (sold) "Sadie"
'02 S-10 Truck

Dif-tor heh smusma
LOL
post #89 of 92 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 11:08 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: '84 SEC EuroCoupe, '85 200T EuroWagon, 2012 Nissan Maxima SV Sport
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
After over 60 years of driving I've only 2 accidents, one when Bambi ran out of the woods and wrecked the front of my '96 w210 and the other one stopped at the flashing lights of a crosswalk with people crossing the street.
All of a sudden I hear the screeching of brakes and the pedestrian in front of me run back to the curb.
Result $15 Grand damage to my TownCar.

I had to appear in court as a witness and wasn't called and the guy got a slap on the wrist fine of $50 for failing to veer to the left.
He veered, but not enough.

Here's Bambi, she's dead.

[IMG][/IMG]

.... Don't mess with old farts - - age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience!

Gone and almost forgotten......
'96 E320
'79 450 SEL
'78 300 CD
post #90 of 92 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 04:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlimodriver View Post
Here's Bambi, she's dead.

[IMG][/IMG]
That sux about the Towncar

I hope Bambi tasted good coming off the grill The BBQ grill that is.

My Stable:
'91 560SEC "Ursula"
'91 300SE (sold) "Sadie"
'02 S-10 Truck

Dif-tor heh smusma
LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in