BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2016
Vehicle: 1988 500 SEC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
@wooky_chew_bacca
You're 100% right. A good friend of mine works in MB dealership so I have very good source of OEM parts, but here's the trick with the tumbler. The one that was installed in my car had number 126 462 01 79, guys in the dealership offered me a tumbler with part number 126 462 04 79 as the original first one that was installed in factory. Unmatching part numbers made me think that the tumbler was changed by one of PO's. Tumbler from MB would cost me something around 160$ and it comes without the key (if I order the tumbler and a new key, matched to the VIN price rises to 210$), if someone had changed the ori tumbler the new one from MB would not match... that's just to big risk of throwing money into mud as we say here in Poland. I decided to order an aftermarket tumbler, cheaper than te MB part, if it will match the key type I will take it to locksmith to match the key that I am using, if not : ... well that's the part where there still are some options (like changing all locks, so one key will match them all)...
I hope that you understand what type of situation i'm coping with

xlimodriver, pics should be fine. I'm using postimg for a long time and never experienced any problems with it.

D&WCali, catch the decoded VIN
Baumuster : 126039
Sales name: 560 SEL
Order number: 0 8 219 02999 (Destination: Branch Hamburg)
Delivery date: 1988-06
PAINT1: 172U ANTHRACITE GREY MET
Interior color: 271A LEATHER BLACK
Engine: 117968 12 052867
Gearbox: 722350 03 107048
Equipment codes:
172U - ANTHRACITE GREY MET
271A - LEATHER BLACK
215 - HYDROPNEUMATIC SUSPENSION WITH AUTOMATIC LEVEL LOWERING DEVICE AND CONTROLLED DAMPING (NIVO)
224 - REAR SINGLE SEATS AND HEADRESTS, ELECTRICALLY ADJUSTABLE
226 - FOOTRESTS IN THE REAR
260 - ELIMINATION OF MODEL DESIGNATION ON REAR LID
442 - AIRBAG IN STEERING WHEEL
540 - ROLLER BLIND, ELECTRIC, FOR REAR WINDOW
561 - FRONT SEAT, LEFT, REINFORCED
562 - FRONT SEAT, RIGHT, REINFORCED
563 - FRONT SEATS, LEFT AND RIGHT, REINFORCED
682 - FIRE EXTINGUISHER
873 - SEAT HEATER FOR LEFT AND RIGHT FRONT SEATS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 03:15 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Feb 2012
Vehicle: 1990 300SEL (the new daily), Lexus LS (my baby), Land Rover (lol), Acura CL-S (yes)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
For key or tumbler problems, you may want to chat with forum member Kajtek1, as he raves about a Mercedes locksmith in Poland to whom Kajtek1 actually mails his stuff from the US. No idea where in Poland you are nor where Kajtek1's magical locksmith is, but maybe worth a chat, and Kajtek1 is a pretty cool guy.

Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Profile: Kajtek1
wooky_chew_bacca likes this.
post #13 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 03:22 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: '84 SEC EuroCoupe, '85 200T EuroWagon, 2012 Nissan Maxima SV Sport
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilaseq View Post

xlimodriver, pics should be fine. I'm using postimg for a long time and never experienced any problems with it.
Maybe I shouldn't have clicked on the pop-up ads.

Meet The Sexiest Singles From Russia Here
benzitch and wooky_chew_bacca like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

.... Don't mess with old farts - - age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience!

Gone and almost forgotten......
'96 E320
'79 450 SEL
'78 300 CD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 06:00 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2009
Vehicle: '91 560SEC, '91 300SE (sold), '98 Yota, '02 S-10 Hauler
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1272 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlimodriver View Post
Maybe I shouldn't have clicked on the pop-up ads.

Meet The Sexiest Singles From Russia Here
And what a POP up that is/are

Getting back to the tumbler glitch, I'm not knocking what the dealer guy says but sometimes a number change is where the "new and improved version" comes out, I don't know about these in particular, especially from another Country. I'd go with what fanboy suggested, worth a shot. IIRC the tumbler I got was about $100 bucks (one for the SE years back was $85) and included one key, again differences in one Country to another perhaps

Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Stable:
'91 560SEC "Ursula"
'91 300SE (sold) "Sadie"
'11 Suzuki SX4 Sport Sedan
'02 S-10 Truck
'72 SeaBird boat, "Riff Raft", overhaul restarted

Dif-tor heh smusma
I'm surprised that NOBODY has asked me what this is / means
LOL
post #15 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 06:05 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Feb 2012
Vehicle: 1990 300SEL (the new daily), Lexus LS (my baby), Land Rover (lol), Acura CL-S (yes)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Yeah, that image host's advertising seems to somehow magically bypass my ad blocker. That and my new Russian fiancee needs to pay more and more fees to visit me...
post #16 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 06:07 AM
Premium Member

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: Mercedes
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Welcome, I couldn't figure out where in Poland you're from since you covered up your license plates in the pictures. I lived in Poland for a period of time, met quite a few Mercedes enthusiasts and still keep in touch with them. Not many W126's out there when I was part of the local clubs, but noticed that on some forums the W126 is making a presence again.

Good luck!

1980 Mercedes 280TE AMG
1990 Mercedes 560SEL with AMG parts modifications
1991 Mercedes 190E AMG with Brabus 4-cyl M102 2.6
post #17 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
@Dr.Grillz
I'm from central Poland, the city of Skierniewice to be precise

So the Wolverine is up and running again. Installed new aftermarket tumbler (FEBI), the key type is different than original one, so now I have two keys (tumbler is replacement for OEM 126 462 04 79). Now, without any pressure I can search for the right tumbler...
wooky_chew_bacca likes this.
post #18 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 04:55 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
So im in trouble again.
I've tried to sort out the problem with too high idle. Car idles around 1000 rpm, the engine is M117.968 RUF (220kW, 300 HP) and it has got a strange modification.

PO bouhgt this car when it was partially dissmanteled. One of the missing parts was the ignition control module. Prices of this part, and large field for misstake with wrong number (not interchangable one) pushed PO to install in the car ignition control module form 1st generation (the silver box). He also installed 1st gen ignition distributor with vacuum controlled advance and retard.

While I was trying to sort out the too high idle problem I've done the diagnostic tests for Electronic idle speed control. All of them went well (IACV is working, the electric current is right, the coil resistance is OK, car responds for disconnecting IACV), so I thought, that the ignition system modification is the second right place for finding the problem solution.

At first I tried to track down where are the ignition advance/ retard vacuum hoses conected.

Advance was connected to port located near the airflow mass sensor (the big silver one with moving plate - I'dont really know how to name it in english) near the left engine header.

Retard was connected to port in the throttle body (It's the only one vacuum port on the throttle body that I managed to find).

When the engine is running on idle, the vacuum is present in both lines. I don't have a vacuum meter, but I think the pressure is the same (when I changed the hoses in places there was no difference in idle speed). Dissconnecting only the advance hose brings idle to proper values both in P and D position (apx. 750 rpm in P, 600 rpm in D). Dissconnecting only the retard hose effects in slight rise of rpm. Disconnecting both at one time brings idle back to proper values, altough the idle is a bit rough (engine shakes a little bit).

So here is my question. What do you propose, should I find different connections for vacuum hoses, or maybe dissconnect them at all? Maybe I should leave only one of them connected??

I driven the car with advance line dissconnected it runs without any problems (no missfire, lack of power etc... I would even say that the car gained a little more torque in lower rpm)

I know the only one right answer is - bring back the proper EZL but at this moment it is not possible...
post #19 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 05:19 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2009
Vehicle: '91 560SEC, '91 300SE (sold), '98 Yota, '02 S-10 Hauler
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1272 Post(s)
Garage
Having the wrong EZL would be a problem, sounds like you have it sorted, as far as running issues, until you can get the proper unit

Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

My Stable:
'91 560SEC "Ursula"
'91 300SE (sold) "Sadie"
'11 Suzuki SX4 Sport Sedan
'02 S-10 Truck
'72 SeaBird boat, "Riff Raft", overhaul restarted

Dif-tor heh smusma
I'm surprised that NOBODY has asked me what this is / means
LOL
post #20 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Back on track

After some issues with password change, I'm back on benzworld Since my last post, car is running fine (in meantime I've had problems with leaking EHA - found a non leaking used one, replaced euro foglights with US amber bulb ones, I've also fixed some other minor problems). After the EHA situation and long and pretty annoying engine tuning process i've made a decision - KE-Jet gets out, EFI gets in, period I think it's the best decision you can make, with almost 30 year old car wich was repaired by dozen of car mechanics and powered by LPG gas in some period of it's history. D-Day is somwhere around half of september, I can't wait to get it done

I also want to replace the rails for rear side window courtains, does anyone know their part numbers??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in