Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Today's amusing craigslist 'bargain'

1M views 13K replies 339 participants last post by  magicbigdaddy 
#1 ·
1985 Mercedes Benz

You'll probably have to jack it up to get the back doors open, but hey, for $4500 you can't go wrong...

Well, $450 might be closer to reality.

enjoy.

Reactions: MB300Dave
#3 ·
i've seen better interiors at the junkyard; what's an F class exotic (fubar?)
:yelrotflmao:

I was wondering the same thing- but I like your explanation.

#14 ·
You guys are dicks. Fwiw I didn't see the "-" in front of the 100%. I thought you may not know how the number system worked. I was just trying to help. I guess now I know what people are like in this forum. Too bad internet forums are filled with losers who get their jollies by belittling others.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

#18 ·
Shore Prestige have a CL55 for sale at the mo I wouldn`t mind having.
Based on that surely they`d be up for a swap with cash my way??:)

#25 ·
From Timmy Tucker to ************@***********.org

Hi,

I saw your ad for the Honda Accord. I will give you $200 for the alternator and driver side door.

Let me know if you are interested,

Tim

From Josh ******** to Me

im not parting out the car. it is $6000 for the whole thing.

From Timmy Tucker to Josh ********

Can't you just sell me the door and alternator and then sell the car for $5800?

From Josh ******** to Me

who the **** would want to buy a car without a door and alternator?

You could sell it as a Honda Accord "Jeep Wrangler" addition, built for offroading without the doors, just like a Jeep. Instead of saying the alternator was removed, say the car was modified to help the environment.

From Josh ******** to Me

thats ******* retarded. how about you go to a junk yard

How about I go to your yard, Josh ********, and ******* take everything off your car while you sleep.

=================================================

Reprinted without anyone's permission. So sue me.

#26 ·
Then there is/was the SEC for $650 (IIRC) on CL in Montgomery Al (no I didn't save the link), wasn't too bad looking of a car, needed paint. Tranny already sold and the ad stated he was "parting it out only so don't call and ask how much for the whole car, it's going to the crusher". What a waste of a car that could be fixed

#32 · (Edited)
Wow, this thread has really taken off.

I like that W140's 'hidra matic' suspension amg.

I know General Motors had a hydramatic transmission that they used for about 800 years.

Perhaps they meant hydropneumatic.

We could start enother thred on just mispelings.

That's good too, I love when people wreck cars then try to recoup their wasted money. To each his own, I guess, but you'd be hard pressed to find a buyer for something that, um, 'custom.'

#36 ·

I'm crushed... just found out there is no such thing as a 1998 S500 Special Edition AMG, that's why they're so 'rare'. They actually came out in 2001.

Oh well, obviously an honest mistake with no ill intentions behind it. I'm gonna contact the guy to let him know.

I'm sure he'll fix it pronto.