KRH
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Nov 2009
Vehicle: 87 Euro500HVSEC. 88 Euro 560HVSEC. 89 Euro 560HVSEL
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Hi Al, the biggest agonizing issue now in this journey is whether to leave it as it is in current external factory body format
or kit it out - tough call as i can't make up my mind yet!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
by
, on Flickr" border="0" />
87 White Euro 500 "ECE" 265hp SEC
88 Black Euro 560 "RUF"300hp SEC
89 Blue Euro 560 "RUF" 300hp Hydro SEL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 08:48 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Feb 2005
Vehicle: Daily: 2000 Kleemann Supercharged CLK 430. Seductress: 1988 Jap AMG SEC Widebody
Location: Northern Virginia @ Mount Vernon, the original Ground Zero
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRH View Post
Hi Al, the biggest agonizing issue now in this journey is whether to leave it as it is in current external factory body format
or kit it out - tough call as i can't make up my mind yet!!
You're under her spell.... and understandably so. I think God took more than one rib from Adam - one to make Eve - bestowing us men with the beauty of the female form - and another to inspire the design of the SEC - aesthetically a close second to even the most seductive woman.

The fact that you're conflicted is just an acknowledgement of how perfect the lines of your unmolested SEC are - and, more to the point, how much YOU appreciate and enjoy that beauty. You can always go widebody in the future, but once you make her wide, taking her back to native isn't as easy. Heck, leaving her untouched just means that if someday in the future you can't resist going wide, you'll just have to get another one to widebody!

She's beautiful Kim.

Enjoy yourself, Marco.

post #103 of 103 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
KRH
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Nov 2009
Vehicle: 87 Euro500HVSEC. 88 Euro 560HVSEC. 89 Euro 560HVSEL
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Hi Marco - i have my Euro 040 black 88 560SEC stripped down in the shed for WB project and that is definitely going to happen.

For the white coupe i do have a full AMG Gen2 original bodykit for non WB version which is what i was having a hard time making up my mind on - haha
Yes the coupe as it is now the lines flow so nice on the factory fit.
The Gen2 kits tend to bulk up the look a bit

by
, on Flickr" border="0" />
87 White Euro 500 "ECE" 265hp SEC
88 Black Euro 560 "RUF"300hp SEC
89 Blue Euro 560 "RUF" 300hp Hydro SEL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in