Mercedes-Benz Forum

Mercedes-Benz Forum (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/)
-   W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/)
-   -   W126 related items for sale & wanted to buy (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/1463904-w126-related-items-sale-wanted-buy.html)

Das 420 11-06-2015 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by and007ca (Post 13262753)
Hi

I am looking to buy 10 pc. of the 95mm log/wheel bolts. Looking for original MB/AMG ones.

Thanks. Andrew

This style?
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...e/P1010447.jpg

and007ca 11-06-2015 07:49 PM

Yes, that is the one.

fanboy 11-07-2015 12:09 AM

Want to buy a transmission (1990 300SEL)

I want to buy a transmission for my 1990 300SEL.

Turns out that the previous owner/mechanic had been tampering with the transmission to such an extent that my mechanic isn't comfortable attempting to rebuild it.

Like everyone else, I'd like a low-mileage unit in good condition.

Barring that, an unmolested (no botched backyard rebuilds) unit that we could rebuild ourselves.

In the US, please, and willing to crate for shipping.

Thanks.

liviu165 11-07-2015 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanboy (Post 13264681)
I want to buy a transmission for my 1990 300SEL.

In the US, please, and willing to crate for shipping.

Thanks.

There appear to be few ones on EBay. Here is just one example: MERCEDES 300SE 300SEL OEM Automatic Transmission Type 126 90 91

I do not endorse the above EBay item, I just gave you an example outside of the forum. I bought one from the JY for my car, for 200 out of door I had it removed and put in my truck. You may want to try JYs too in your area too (if you have one).

fanboy 11-07-2015 07:21 AM

Thanks very much. I was hoping to deal inside the forum for something a bit more trustworthy. The thing about buying car parts on Ebay is if the part is bad, ok, you can get your money back, but you're still out 2x labor and 2x shipping -- and often the packaging/shipping back to the seller is more expensive than the refund you'd receive anyway. So, anything is a gamble, and I'll do Ebay if there's no other option. Thanks again for that link and advice.

Chadahar 11-07-2015 08:21 AM

Fanboy,
There is a company in a Los Angeles suburb that rebuilds our transmissions. Very good and reliable.
Perhaps Teutone can chime in with the name. They sell nation wide and would probably ship to you. The company is not far from where Teutone has is tool stand. I have even been in the shop, but can't for the life of me, remember the name.
I do know if I ever need a transmission I'll go there to get one.

LWB250 11-07-2015 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chadahar (Post 13266065)
Fanboy,
There is a company in a Los Angeles suburb that rebuilds our transmissions. Very good and reliable.
Perhaps Teutone can chime in with the name. They sell nation wide and would probably ship to you. The company is not far from where Teutone has is tool stand. I have even been in the shop, but can't for the life of me, remember the name.
I do know if I ever need a transmission I'll go there to get one.

I suspect you're talking about Sun Valley Transmission. Definitely the best Mercedes transmission rebuilder there is.

rebuilt mercedes transmission price list

Dan

liviu165 11-07-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LWB250 (Post 13266145)
I suspect you're talking about Sun Valley Transmission. Definitely the best Mercedes transmission rebuilder there is.

rebuilt mercedes transmission price list

Dan

I am almost sure that's what he was referring to, but will cost him a lot, and I thought he wants to be involved with the rebuilding process along with his mechanic. The only reason I suggested Ebay is because he will find selection, and also have parts from his transmission to make a better one, using in the rebuilding process parts from either transmission.

The junkyards are a gamble, just like Ebay. Actually you find out if you bought one beyond repair only after you open it, regardless who sells it.

Chadahar 11-07-2015 02:29 PM

YEP Sun Valley is the one.

Teutone 11-07-2015 04:45 PM

They moved from Sun Valley to Van Nuys about 2 years ago.
Same name.

Why not just get a transmission from a wrecking yard / a car that has been in an accident, so you know it's been running?
Experienced mechanics can look at color of fluid and filter for condition.