Mercedes-Benz Forum

Mercedes-Benz Forum (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/)
-   W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/)
-   -   Seatbelt presenter electrical wiring diagram (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/1456764-seatbelt-presenter-electrical-wiring-diagram.html)

Ivo Nedev 07-11-2009 09:01 PM

Seatbelt presenter electrical wiring diagram

It doesn't really bug me, but my presenters never worked. I did a bit of research and it seems to me that the usual culprit is the mechanical device. I wonder if it is possible that somehow someone disconnected mine, since there is no whirring coming out of the seatbelt at all (there is no struggle or gears slipping)?

I got the wiring diagrams from the russian website diakom.ru, but I can't find anything in there about the presenters. I hope to troubleshoot as much as possible before opening the sides of the car.

Would anyone care to share a pdf or two? Thanks...

MBL87560SEC 07-12-2009 05:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi there,

Here they are off the MB CDs.

Cheers, MBL

mramay 07-12-2009 05:56 AM

There seem to be just a couple of common failures on the presenters.
Fuses
bad contacts (dirty) on the seat belt buckle receiver on the side of the seat
bad nylon gear in the presenter mechanism

buckle/unbuckle a couple of dozen times
The only way to really know the state of the nylon gear is to remove the side panels to look at it, but it's the most common failure.

granit560 07-12-2009 06:45 AM

As you said they arn't bothering you, but yes it would be nice if everything worked. mine work, but to me they are a pita. often iv thought of disconnecting them!

mramay 07-12-2009 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by granit560 (Post 3586848)
As you said they arn't bothering you, but yes it would be nice if everything worked. mine work, but to me they are a pita. often iv thought of disconnecting them!

My wife and I agree that they're one of the cooler things in the car. I love seeing the expression on noobs when the seatbelt is given to them, then I explain that this is a 22 year old car with automatic climate control, self-leveling suspension, and headlight wipers - doesn't their new Toyota/Ford/Chevy do that?? :-)

granit560 07-12-2009 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mramay (Post 3586860)
My wife and I agree that they're one of the cooler things in the car. I love seeing the expression on noobs when the seatbelt is given to them, then I explain that this is a 22 year old car with automatic climate control, self-leveling suspension, and headlight wipers - doesn't their new Toyota/Ford/Chevy do that?? :-)

I get the same reaction; but say when i shut the door & forget my smokes then open it again & try to reach in i got this thing in my way, plus passenger side also goes,(maybe it shouldn't). then i have the problem of sitting in car just to start it once a week & iv got this thing in my way, so i hook both of them so i can have car running & not be bothered by this when im in & out listening to things. But i guess no more annoying than the Bing, Bing, Bing. when your keys are in ignition & door open. Bottom line, mramay is right it's good to have all parts on these cars in working order. plus it is a cool feature.

Ivo Nedev 07-12-2009 09:04 AM

Thanks, guys! So, I looked at the diagrams and I don't see what would someone unplug in order to disable the extenders. I did the reset with fuse 15, but nothing changed.

Does anyone know where the control units are located within the car?

What is the easiest way to disable the extenders (so that I can reverse it)?

Taylor422 07-13-2009 01:40 PM

I can't say I've ever noticed this feature in my or my dad's car. Does the car reel out the seatbelt and make it easier to grab?

Chadahar 07-13-2009 02:03 PM

Presenters are just in Coupes. The presenter is an arm that holds the seatbelt and buckle clip and when the door is shut and someone in the seat..or not(if the door is opened then it'll present). It moves forward with the belt and clip. In the SEC's, CD's and CE's (Coupes).

Do a search in this forum for Seat belt presenter and there are several posts. One is a DIY by Axel in Florida that is a great help. I'll be doing my Driver's side again and adjusting the switches per Axel's DIY ,maybe tomorrow.

If you have the CD's the index will show you the number and it's pretty straight forward. Remove the rear seat on the side you are working on, then remove the grab handle and window switch(pull the panel insert off to unfasten the switch as mine didn't come apart at the switch.) Then remove the panel and the presenter assy is right there.

Taylor422 07-13-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chadahar (Post 3589210)
Presenters are just in Coupes. The presenter is an arm that holds the seatbelt and buckle clip and when the door is shut and someone in the seat..or not(if the door is opened then it'll present). It moves forward with the belt and clip. In the SEC's, CD's and CE's (Coupes).

Gotcha. :) My only experience is with the SELs.