Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Part nr for radiator

426 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  LeftCoastGeek 
#1 ·
This is a bit odd...
Mercedes says that I should have a radiator called A1245008703, but when I search for that one it shows a radiator for a car with automatic gearbox and ac, and it looks nowhere near the same as the rad I got in the car. My rad has the connectors for the hoses inline with the radiator and plastic parts on top and bottom, the suggested one (A1245008703) have its connectors perpendicular to the rad and the plastic parts on the sides... wtf?
The car is a w124 -90 230E with a m102.982 engine, no ac and manual gearbox.
Did Mercedes at some time tell owners/garages to replace the original rad with the above mentioned like they did with the plastic thermostat lid or is this just a case of f-cked up parts numbers and records at MB?

#4 ·
This is a bit odd...
Mercedes says that I should have a radiator called A1245008703, but when I search for that one it shows a radiator for a car with automatic gearbox and ac, ....
The car is a w124 -90 230E with a m102.982 engine, no ac and manual gearbox....

A Mercedes dealer gave you that part number, based on the VIN of your car?

we never got any 4 cylinder W124's here in the USA, and they all have air conditioning, so our personal experience isn't of much use here.

#5 ·
This is a bit odd...

Mercedes says that I should have a radiator called A1245008703, but when I search for that one it shows a radiator for a car with automatic gearbox and ac, and it looks nowhere near the same as the rad I got in the car. My rad has the connectors for the hoses inline with the radiator and plastic parts on top and bottom, the suggested one (A1245008703) have its connectors perpendicular to the rad and the plastic parts on the sides... wtf?

The car is a w124 -90 230E with a m102.982 engine, no ac and manual gearbox.

Did Mercedes at some time tell owners/garages to replace the original rad with the above mentioned like they did with the plastic thermostat lid or is this just a case of f-cked up parts numbers and records at MB?
How about a few pics of the radiator in the car..

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
As I posted in the other thread on this same car...

ok, I'm looking in the Mercedes parts catalog...

for non-AC 230E cars, it looks like radiator A2015004603 for stickshifts, and A2015002903 for automatics. As someone else suggested, these are indeed radiators originally meant for the W201 family with the M102 2.3L engine.

A1245008703 and A1245002403 is for air conditioned cars, and likely has to be paired with different hoses, different mounting hardware, different electric fans and shrouds, so not a trivial swap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.