Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

w124 94' e320 weatherstrip part number help

450 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Shmeid 
#1 ·
I've got this problem where the weatherstrip that connects with the bottom of the car doors and the body of the car has come loose. I believe it might be called a Rocker Molding Seal but am unsure. It is a rubber lining that is inserted just above the wheel jack holes.

I have also highlighted the area in the attached image for a better look at what I am talking about.

Does anyone have a clue what the part number might be or what this is called exactly?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I just posted about this same thing not too long ago. I believe the rubber strip is part of the rocker panel cover and not available separately. The general consensus seemed to be to either remove it completely, since it is really just a cosmetic thing to cover the screws that hold the rocker cover, or put some adhesive in there. The goopy black silicone sealant should hold it at least for several years. You do have to pull out the rubber part and clean everything thoroughly first. I went through a lot of Simple Green and paper towels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.