post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2017
Vehicle: 1994 Mercedes E320 Cabriolet
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
seat belt extenders, overhead light, windows

It's been awhile since I have been here.

It seems like my seat belt extenders, overhead light, and using the key to bring the windows up is not working...............

All at the same time.

1994 e320 Cab.

Overhead light will actually work, but when you shut the door, it stays on. So I now keep it in the center position.

I am thinking that perhaps a relay controls all three..... it appears that the system is not "reading" that the door has been opened. I guess it could also be the door switch in the jamb.

Any thoughts?
M. Schneider likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 10:26 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Feb 2018
Vehicle: 1994 e320 coupe (sold), 1990 300CE ($400 beater)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
check door jamb switch. Might have disconnected.

Cheapest, easiest to remedy if that's the issue.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 12:10 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Jul 2011
Vehicle: 1993 300CE Cabriolet (mine) ; 1994 E320 Wagon (wife's) ; 1990 Benz 300E 2.6 (son's)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1362 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
that stuff is all tied into the CF module under the back seat. if your rear floor has gotten damp in rain storms, everything is probably wet under there. the seat belt extenders have their own module, but it too is tied into the CF module.... and the cabriolet has its OWN unique CF module which is unobtanium.

cabriolet CF module from my 1993 300CE...

innards of the CF module from a 94 E320 wagon, just to see what it looks like...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. . . . .
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. . . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 02:45 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Nov 2002
Vehicle: 2003 G500, 2000 SL500, 1995 E320 Cabriolet, 1980 TR8
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Before indicting the CF module, I would check one of the ago old issues with the W124 - the fuses. In particular, check Fuses 1 and C as they are common to all three systems that you are experiencing trouble with. Check for corrosion on the fuse ends. If you have not already done so, you should change out all fuses to the copper based ones instead of the tin/lead version.
Real1shepherd likes this.

Floobydust: a contemporary term derived from the archaic Latin miscellaneous, whose disputed history probably springs from Greek origins (influenced, of course by Egyptian linguists) - meaning here "a mixed bag." - National Semiconductor Audio Handbook
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2017
Vehicle: 1994 Mercedes E320 Cabriolet
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floobydust View Post
Before indicting the CF module, I would check one of the ago old issues with the W124 - the fuses. In particular, check Fuses 1 and C as they are common to all three systems that you are experiencing trouble with. Check for corrosion on the fuse ends. If you have not already done so, you should change out all fuses to the copper based ones instead of the tin/lead version.
As usual Flooby is right. It turns out fuse 9 was the culprit..... I have to get the copper based by Flosser.... another fuse went out last week..... it controlled the instrument panel....but also "locked out" the ability to start.

Go figure..

I don't think I am having any electrical problems... just old tin plastic fuses...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W124 E,CE,D,TD Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in