1995 e320t Fan clutch delete - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 05:15 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
tuttebenne's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: W124
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,555
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
^ Isn't that Stephen Colbert? Not a fan (pun intended)

'
'93 400E
'93 500E
'94 E320TE
'00 E320
'02 E320
'73 Alfa GTV
'77 308GTB
tuttebenne is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 07:11 AM
Moderator
 
Jayare's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2005
Vehicle: 86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
Location: Seminole, FL
Posts: 12,500
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1092 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
This post doesn't need to go further off track.

Jayare

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Jayare is online now  
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 06:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
ElRojo's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 1993 300TE, 1995 E320 Wagon
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,893
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym View Post
I am having hard time finding Sachs fan clutch in the US. Anyone found it?
W124 OEM is Chinese made Behr, so not going there. Will the W210 or W202 OEM be a Sachs unit?
Hi folks- Based on recommendations from several members, especially sbaert, I've been looking for the Sachs/Horton brand clutch for about a month- NLA at AutohausAZ, RockAuto, BMA, etc, etc. Finally looked deeper into the Google search list and came across tool-jack.com in the UAE (Dubai) https://www.tool-jack.com/search/?q=2100006243 . They have them listed at US$107 (AED 392). Asked if they could ship to the US, and lo and behold YES!! Fedex for about $30 too!! Arrived today (8/21 after being shipped just three days ago!!). Very happy to get this into my hands and ready to install this weekend! It was a pretty smooth transaction (a bit of a kerfuffle from my credit card- denied because of the foreign transaction, but I called and it then went through). It all went down through email ([email protected])
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2715.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	2448903   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2716.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	2448905   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2717.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	2448907   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2718.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	2448909  
JC220 likes this.

1993 300TE, 290K, "Beryl"; Teal blue (888) on cream beige MBtex (175).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1995 E320 Wagon, 250K "Ruby"; Garnet red (512) on cream beige leather (265).
1990 560 SEL, 190K "Ingrid"; Smoke silver (702) on Cream beige leather (265). SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1983 300SD, 106K "Hans"; Orient Red (501) on Java MB tex (154). SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ElRojo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 09:23 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Feb 2014
Vehicle: 1995 E320, 1995 E420
Location: WA, USA
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElRojo View Post
Hi folks- Based on recommendations from several members, especially sbaert, I've been looking for the Sachs/Horton brand clutch for about a month- NLA at AutohausAZ, RockAuto, BMA, etc, etc. Finally looked deeper into the Google search list and came across tool-jack.com in the UAE (Dubai) https://www.tool-jack.com/search/?q=2100006243 . They have them listed at US$107 (AED 392). Asked if they could ship to the US, and lo and behold YES!! Fedex for about $30 too!! Arrived today (8/21 after being shipped just three days ago!!). Very happy to get this into my hands and ready to install this weekend! It was a pretty smooth transaction (a bit of a kerfuffle from my credit card- denied because of the foreign transaction, but I called and it then went through). It all went down through email ([email protected])
Pretty fast delivery. I received the fan as well in 3 days... and will install in coming weeks.
Thx for sharing the link.
mikeym is offline  
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 09:50 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Jul 2011
Vehicle: 1995 E320 wagon
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Good to know there is a good fanclutch out there. Replacing a mech fan with an electric, it can be tricky somettimes. Not hard persay, but you have to remember the OEM will have most likley used a 3000CFM or bigger fan. While Spal offeres these fans in PWM you cant just buy them easily as they are not ofered to the general public, more OEM really. THere are altternatives, the ford taurus or Mark VIII fans are 2 speed 3000CFM fans that are cheep and easy to get. Also the volvo 850 used this same basic fan.

But with that useless knowledge out of the way, keep the clutch fan as you are on the 124, they just work. No reason to reinvent the wheel here

1995 E320 wagon <--Daily
1959 Austin Healey sprite <--Toy/project
1982 Olds Custom Cruiser LQ4 <--Dads beast/project
1974 Fiat X1/9 <--Moms toy

Im a Volvo nut with a german brick!
autocomman is offline  
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 10:13 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Feb 2014
Vehicle: 1995 E320, 1995 E420
Location: WA, USA
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by autocomman View Post
Good to know there is a good fanclutch out there. Replacing a mech fan with an electric, it can be tricky somettimes. Not hard persay, but you have to remember the OEM will have most likley used a 3000CFM or bigger fan. While Spal offeres these fans in PWM you cant just buy them easily as they are not ofered to the general public, more OEM really. THere are altternatives, the ford taurus or Mark VIII fans are 2 speed 3000CFM fans that are cheep and easy to get. Also the volvo 850 used this same basic fan.

But with that useless knowledge out of the way, keep the clutch fan as you are on the 124, they just work. No reason to reinvent the wheel here
I think Mr. trolling tits will disagree with you.
mikeym is offline  
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 08:20 AM
BenzWorld Veteran
 
dtsdig's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2011
Vehicle: 1994 Mercedes E320 Sedan 97K, 1995 Mercedes E320 Wagon 156K, 2009 VW EOS 45K (Wife's car)
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 721
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to dtsdig
Reviving an old thread since I am faced with the same lack of availability issues that @ElRojo was going through trying to track down the Sachs brand clutch. What is the latest recommendation for new fan clutches?
dtsdig is offline  
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 08:28 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Feb 2014
Vehicle: 1995 E320, 1995 E420
Location: WA, USA
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtsdig View Post
Reviving an old thread since I am faced with the same lack of availability issues that @ElRojo was going through trying to track down the Sachs brand clutch. What is the latest recommendation for new fan clutches?
Don't think anything has changed in the last few months. I ended up ordering the same one that ElRojo linked to as that's the only Sachs option I could find as well that was available for shipping to the US.
Locally, everything is Behr including dealer and Autohausaz and they are both identical, made in China. Purchased them and returned them.

Note that Sachs version is the tropical version. I got it few months ago but haven't installed it yet. Let us know if you find anything else.
mikeym is offline  
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 09:23 AM
BenzWorld Veteran
 
Robert Kyle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2018
Vehicle: 1994 e320 coupe (sold), 1990 300CE ($400 beater)
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Posts: 712
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
I'm going to go with electric.

Clutch fans is 1960s technology.

https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w12...oling-fan.html

Already bought me a junkyard Volvo fan w/all the fixings. Everyone who has done this conversion, whether it be old BMWs, Camaros, etc. have had excellent results.
dtsdig likes this.
Robert Kyle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W124 E,CE,D,TD Class

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome