post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2014
Vehicle: 1995 E300 Diesel
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Righteous.

Thanks for the link and their pricing is very reasonable as well - $1750 for reman w/ warranty? Awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 07:18 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2014
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Good luck, whichever way you go. You might regret getting rid of it, so think long and hard.

I've owned 50+ cars and I've not been more genuinely satisfied with any other car. New ones, old ones, fast ones, used ones, drivers and beaters.

When the tranny went out on mine at 212K, I put in a good used low mileage one for under $1,000. A few years later we're right at about 250K.

Whichever you do, the girlfriend stuff should sort itself out. Girls love my Merc. lol
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 08:35 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Dec 2010
Vehicle: 1988 300CE
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTooMany View Post
Ladies/gents/flora/fauna,

I need some help, advice, and feedback. I am currently in a deep debate about whether to part with my 95 e300d. My girlfriend is adamantly for selling "the damn thing"...but I'm not convinced, and of course, am turning to the internet for advice.
How many miles does your girlfriend have on her? She might be the one that needs to be traded up instead. All jokes aside you have put way too much work into that car to consider getting rid of it and getting a honda. Terrible decision but we are here to guide you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dick rockwood View Post
Whichever you do, the girlfriend stuff should sort itself out. Girls love my Merc. lol
Yes x100, when women see my car they think its way newer then 1989 but its just the classic design of bruno sacco. The best or nothing. Remember that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2014
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
"Best or nothing" - I like that a lot.

Cheers guys, thanks for help on all this, and joking aside, my mind is made up. The car stays. She can deal or hit the bricks, so I say let the chips fall where they may.
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 08:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 85 300 TDT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 94Wagenmeister
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltiano32 View Post
How many miles does your girlfriend have on her? She might be the one that needs to be traded up instead. All jokes aside you have put way too much work into that car to consider getting rid of it and getting a honda. Terrible decision but we are here to guide you.

Yes x100, when women see my car they think its way newer then 1989 but its just the classic design of bruno sacco. The best or nothing. Remember that
Actually, Milti, the 124 was not one of Sacco's designs (although he was probably in charge of it).

"His most famous works include the Mercedes 600 W100 and the 230 SL “Pagoda” W113 roadster under the helm of Friedrich Geiger's guiding hands. After becoming the chief designer for the whole company he penned a lot of other iconic models, like three generations of Mercedes-S-Klasse (W126, W140 and the W220), the R129 SL roadster, the first C-Klasse (W202), the C208 and A208 CLK, R170 SLK roadster, the first M-Klasse (W163) and he even put the finishing touches on the smart city coupe.

Mainly because its significance to the company, his favorite design work was on the Mercedes-Benz 190 (W201), while his opinion about the finished product consisting of the W140 S-Klasse was that it could have been his best work if it hadn't been “four inches too tall”. It had taken Sacco several years in the beginning of his career to actually understand the Damler-Benz culture, but the only value he was going to follow consisted of Gottlieb Daimler's own words for his company: “nothing but the best”.
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 10:56 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Dec 2012
Vehicle: 93 300D
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote from 94Wagenmeister:

"Actually, Milti, the 124 was not one of Sacco's designs (although he was probably in charge of it). "

I hate to start another war but according to these articles Sacco designed the W-124

Best Mercedes-Benz Ever: W124 E-Class

"The W124 was developed by perhaps one of the best designers ever to lay pen to paper, Bruno Sacco. Two other designers had a helping hand, Joseph Gallitzendrfer and Peter Pfeiffer, and should be recognized for creating a truly timeless, elegant, solid and brand-enhancing set of lines, inside and out."and:

Mercedes E-class W124

"A quarter of a century has passed since the birth of W124-series Mercedes E-class, yet every time we see it on the road it looks incredibly fresh to eyes. For sure, the timeless design by Bruno Sacco plays a major role in its evergreen status, but more important, the W124 was probably the best engineered car ever made."

They both Could be wrong................
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 11:14 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: '95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1859 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94Wagenmeister View Post
Actually, Milti, the 124 was not one of Sacco's designs (although he was probably in charge of it).

"His most famous works include the Mercedes 600 W100 and the 230 SL “Pagoda” W113 roadster under the helm of Friedrich Geiger's guiding hands. After becoming the chief designer for the whole company he penned a lot of other iconic models, like three generations of Mercedes-S-Klasse (W126, W140 and the W220), the R129 SL roadster, the first C-Klasse (W202), the C208 and A208 CLK, R170 SLK roadster, the first M-Klasse (W163) and he even put the finishing touches on the smart city coupe.

The chief designer behind the W100 was Paul Bracq (who also penned the W108) with Friedrich Geiger as 2nd (who Sacco reported to and worked for). This same 2 person team was responsible for the W113 Pagode SL, but Sacco was not involved in this project.
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 06:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 85 300 TDT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 94Wagenmeister
Damn Intertubes .... I read it there. Has to true, right?
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Dec 2012
Vehicle: 93 300D
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94Wagenmeister View Post
Damn Intertubes .... I read it there. Has to true, right?
Oh yes, just like the statement "I'm from the government and I'm here to help"
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 08:52 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Oct 2013
Vehicle: 07 E350, 80 240D 4 speed, 90 300SE, 87 260E
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I have a host of toys, both two wheeled and four. Some have not been used in over a decade. And for just as long my wife has said "sell them".

If I did, guess what? The money would get pissed away on nothing in particular - and literally - six months later - I would have no idea where the money went.

Buy more hobby cars until you run out of parking. Then buy more parking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W124 E,CE,D,TD Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in