Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Mercedes 300CE-24 Conversion to 500E

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  tuttebenne 
#1 ·
Dear Friends,
You are kindly asked to share with opinion and knowledge about how make conversion of Mercedes 300CE-24 to the 500Estyle.
I would like to change front bumper and fenders. Will you be so kind to link me manufacturers of such products or if someone has such used OEM parts for sale its better.
Thank you in Advance,
David

#2 ·
500E Style ? As in what front body shape only ?
Or are you going for engine etc.

#4 ·
I suspect you are looking to do what they refer to changing the front. to the facelift E class.

PRE FACELIFT circa 1988

POST FACELIFT on 1988 300CE
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Sedan

There are numerous threads regarding these changes but for the most part front fenders are bolt on compatibile as is the later bonnet. New grille should come with the bonnet. Have a bit of a search in this forum under facelift and you read through the posts. I know there was one recently on this topic.

#5 ·
If all you are attempting is to graft 500e fenders onto your e320 bear in mind that the 500e also has boxed rockers. You will need to determine if there is any work necessary to get the new fenders and cladding to flow into the stock rockers and doors. If this all works out, you can add a 500e valance with the fenders and have the front end look of a 500e.

Probably the sweetest 500e look is the facelifted '94/95 with correct Euro headlights. If the cladding and sheetmetal are all painted the same color, this would be my personal preference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.