BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 1984 300D-T Oriental Red
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS 1984 300D Project - Car and Parts - All must go

1984 Turbodiesel Mercedes 300D

* Quick note: If you are looking for parts, this is not a part out situation. This is a project car with parts included and is listed as an entire package.

This was my daily driver for 8 years until I went to graduate school a few years ago. It has sat parked for roughly 4 years. The original plan was to convert it to a 4-spd manual from a 240D, put in a nice, original interior from a donor car, and change from an automatic to manual HVAC controlled system.

I have a complete carís worth of parts and then some. All of the parts listed below have been carefully stored for around 5 years and I have not been able to unbox, unpack things to photo since taking apart the 240D. I need to have this sold and moved in the next month as I am selling the house this all has lived at and moving.

I really want this to go to someone that regardless of how they build the car. Make it a hot-rod, a drag car, a sleeper street driver with a beastly engine under the hood (LSx, M112 V12, electric conversion), original, donk/highriser, lowrider, whatever Ö the body is still in too good of shape for it to end up scrapped.

The car has 315k on the factory engine and transmission. It was running well prior to being parked in the WNC mountains as I opted for a Subaru through school. Other than paint, the body is in excellent shape and has only the following issues to note: 2 quarter sized shopping cart dents and a 3 inch long small dent by the rear, driverís side door. The car has a few light rust spots where the aftermarket and factory paint have chipped, but does not have any serious rust spots.
- No collisions
- No wrecks
- Clean and clear NC title ready to transfer to you

Front end was rebuilt around 305k and may still be good shape if itís the kind of thing that sitting for long periods does not mess with. Also, thereís a warm weather (electrically powered with on/off switch) veggie kit and Viton seals throughout the 617 engine thatís currently in the car.

The car will need to be painted as part of the restoration. Also, having sat for as long as it has, the car will need to be put trailered and towed as the brake calipers have seized from sitting for so long. It has gone from a tinkererís daily driver to being a mechanic special as I do not have the skills, time, or workshop to handle brakes and other repairs.

I purchased a 1982 240D to transfer the following parts to the í84 300D. These are all included:
Interior:
Entire black interior in great shape (springs not flat and covers in great shape) * I did not remove the headliner from the 240D * There is 1 quarter sized hole on 1 of the 2 bucket seats, but otherwise, the MBTex shines and is without damage, scrapes, etc.
front seats with armrest
rear seats
center console
all the woodgrain is intact
dashboard (has some minor splits from age and sun)
all door panels, handles, electric window controls
column pieces (A-pillars, mid-car, rear)
all carpet and floor mats flaps
factory insulation/dampening
rear dash carpet and original first aid kit (still stocked if I recall)
center console with original Becker cassette stereo from í82 240D
clean ashtray with factory 12V lighter
anything else I am forgetting except the headliner itself

Factory 4-speed manual transmission from í82 240D
4-spd manual transmission included with the í82 240D - pulled by previous owner of parts car to replace the í82 and moves through all gears
shifter and linkages
240D driveshaft
NO Flywheel - the 300D needs a heavier one than the 240D and I did not pull the 240Dís flywheel Ö I intended to have the drive-shaft shortened and a custom flywheel made for the 300D turbo as it should have one between 35 and 37lbs (specs are listed on forums as there was one that went with the elusive 5-spd Getrag)

Complete manual HVAC system -
dashboard
blower and duct assembly
controls
dual heater cores
hoses, etc.
all of it

Original Becker cassette stereo

All window motors from 240D working
I think I also have regulators for all 4 doors as well and the 240D sunroof motor
I do still have 4 of the doors from the 240D unassembled except for the interior door panels

Miscellaneous parts
Some front and rear lights, mounts, exterior shrouds, and maybe a rear taillight assembly
Most of the chrome strips from the 240D - I remember still having to track down the driverís side lowest strip to have a fully complete set
I think there is the power antennae assembly from the 240D but that may have been let go of intending to put a modern shark fin type on instead for simplicity
trunk fuel tank panel in excellent shape
most, if not all of the plastic trunk liners
2 factory roadside jacks
likely smaller stuff I am forgetting as itís been boxed/packed and stored for 4 years in the shed

If you made it this far in my post, you have at least some interest. Send me a message if you are seriously interested and we can work out a deal. Thank you!

*** I am selling the house that this is parked at and need everything in this listing sold and gone ASAP ***

I have galleries of all the parts. Send me a message for links.

Thanks!

* 1984 300DT * Oriental Red
295,000 mi and counting

- VeggieBenz single tank kit (summer cruisin' only)
- 115A Alternator
- EGR Delete
- Modded Air Intake
- Monark Nozzles
- CLK 320 16x7 Chrome Rims
- Oil Pan Skid Plate

In the shed and pending - lots of goodies including a black interior and a 4 speed stick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class > W123 Items For Sale, Wanted & Trade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in