1984 300cd just purchased, what do you think? - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 09:34 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2013
Vehicle: 1990 560 SEC 1985 300CD
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
I've been wrenching on my cars and boats for 40 years. I'm just a "slightly advanced" neophyte shade tree wrencher. Before I tackle an unfamiliar job I research it here, and watch appropriate YouTube vids. Most of it ain't rocket science. Some of it is just not worth the hassle depending on your shop / tools / back etc. For example, I no longer do exhaust work.

In a corny way, repairing your car is good for both of you.
C_R likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 12:14 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: '08 BMW 750LI, '10 Ford Expedition
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
One other thing you should keep in mind is this seller has seemingly been around a long time on Ebay selling these coupes. The prices he commands are not inexpensive by any stretch and if the cars being sold were duds his rating on Ebay would reflect that.

If you are comfortable at this point with all of the information seller has provided- go for it.

I was supposed to be in Tuscaloosa for the game tomorrow and staying in Birmingham. However, I had a more important date with speckled trout in S Louisiana so I'll be watching the Tide roll from afar. Once the car arrives in Birmingham let me know and we'll connect next time I'm in town.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2017
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by innovation560 View Post
One other thing you should keep in mind is this seller has seemingly been around a long time on Ebay selling these coupes. The prices he commands are not inexpensive by any stretch and if the cars being sold were duds his rating on Ebay would reflect that.

If you are comfortable at this point with all of the information seller has provided- go for it.

I was supposed to be in Tuscaloosa for the game tomorrow and staying in Birmingham. However, I had a more important date with speckled trout in S Louisiana so I'll be watching the Tide roll from afar. Once the car arrives in Birmingham let me know and we'll connect next time I'm in town.
You make a good point, and I came to the same kind of conclusion myself. Absolutely will keep in touch. Enjoy your trip to LA, and best of luck with the trout-that sounds damn cool. Your tide will probably end up okay if you don't show up this one time. I come from cow country, so you're more than likely going to have a better time talking to my lady about football than with me. But I can give ya a roll tide up until the end of Nov. That's what happens when you're a submissed, beat down Auburn fan, and in a relationship with a die-hard Bama fan.

Thanks for the responses, I appreciate it immensely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 09:41 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2017
Vehicle: 1983 300DT; 1999 E320 Wagon
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats

Please keep up posted on your car, maintenance progress, etc. I considered bidding on this car, but I had to keep in mind the shipping cost as part of my total cost, and the bidding went beyond my budget. Great car, great color, congrats!
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 12:32 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2017
Vehicle: 1983 300CD
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Well, how did this all turn out?
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 08:07 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1984 300CD
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Beautiful car!!!! You don't see them in that condition very often. That's why you never see that price. If you had spent months or years looking, you would have found a better price. But, you're going to love that car. Don't listen to the haters
VON likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in