Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

EFI Options for M117 V8

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  unavita 
#1 ·
hi Guys
looking for a bit of advice on aftermarket EFI systems available, or home made systems for an M117 V8 that will retain the original air cleaner thus the Retro look
i have only come across the Elbe System and this certainly ticks the boxes, though i have no idea on costs
i am not new to EFI and i have had extensive experience and time with K Jetronic systems

my vehicle is a 1976 450SE with a M117
Dingo Queensland Australia

thanks in advance
Darren

#2 ·
Saw this question when I searched for the same- no responses?!? A lot use the megasquirt and that's an obvious statement. I do not have experience with any yet. Most of what I have read tells me to either use the fuel rail from a D-Jet or you have to build one. There is a build from Trazique and his 380 that is interesting. There are other builders too: Dkubus is one that comes to mind. Kim (KRH) knows a great as do many of the moderators. Maybe we can get them to chime in. Carabu in New Mexico has a lot of products and builds engines complete as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.