Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

I am pissed!

107K views 425 replies 90 participants last post by  miko1aj 
#1 ·
I buy a car from Ebay only later to find it is RHD which now stands for Right Hand Drive. Then I find out there is no conversion kit to make it normal. Whenever I drive the car it leaks oil like a sieve and there is no such thing as customer support when I call Mercedes-Benz. I go out to the garage to try and tighten it up a little and I find out this bitch only uses metric size tools not the normal American Standard. I hope anyone who wants to buy one of these things runs from it.

#52 · (Edited)
Ok, so let’s recap on where we are so far. Our friend buys a car on eBay which is a text only advert and includes the acronym “RHD”, he bids and wins the car. The money is transferred immediately to the seller who arranges for it to be delivered to our friends’ trailer.
eBay encounter a freak and very isolated data loss which results in all record of the listing going missing.
While waiting for his new car to arrive our friend registers with BenzWorld and poses for a profile photo. He’s not entirely happy with his hair but he’s in a rush.
He’s new pride and joy arrives and he jumps into the driver’s seat. Misty eyed he looks around his ride…..but wait….something is not right…..Nooooo !!
It’s got an 8-Track stereo. He rings his local Mercedes dealership but they offer no help so he comes here and is given some useful advice to solve the problem.
Next he lifts the hood and sees oil “somewhere” on the engine, this time he contacts the head of MBUSA to no avail so posts a message here. Again he follows the advice and purchases some additive from Wall-Mart.
Takes another sit in his new ride after cleaning some chicken bones off the seat (he’ll remove these with a garden hose later) and its at this point that EH goes to start the car and realises all the major controls are not in front of him but the passenger has them. That’s not normal !
This time he goes right to the top and rings the head of Mercedes in Germany, again he gets no satisfaction with the response so returns to the forum for salvation. For some reason the forum refuse to tell him where he can purchase the conversion kit, and even Wall-Mart doesn’t stock it. Is this some kind of conspiracy?
But wait, one suggestion catches his imagination.
For 200 miles he drives backwards along the highway totally happy with his “Bitch”. But then the unthinkable happens, the lack of air flow to the radiator has over-heated the engine and it seizes outside a chuck-e-cheese.
After calming down he gets his “Bitch” towed home and vows to have it converted to LHD by the end of the winter with some good advice from this forum.

Plausible….I don’t think so!

#55 ·
Chaw said:
So if I were to convert a car from RHD to LHD, what tools would I need?

A socket set 5mm through 20mm should be sufficient, right?

Maybe the dash can be turned inside out and upside down for the LHD conversion?
You could srape that old dash and make anew one out fo plywood or anything you might have laying around in the garage. For the cover for the dash, I would go with shag carpeting or maybe some gold vinyl, something electrifying. Well not to worry about it now, you have all winter to figure it out and you will be pimping in style next spring.

#58 ·
Dan Rotigel said:
Dear sir,

I think you are a troll, and I am hereby calling you out to prove your story. If you actuallly purchased a RHD car on ebay, there should be weblinks. Alternatively, I would accept pictures of your car, along with the day's newspaper.

In all fairness, I should admit I have a six-pack of mobile one 15-50 riding on this. Also, mercedesshop.com is following the story closely as well...

cheers,
dan r.
Dan, if he turns out not to be a troll, I'll take a case of 10w30 myself :D

See, I don't ever recall this happening at MercedesShop... "How do I convert to LHD?" "You cant" "FY THIS CAR IS GAY IT USES METRIC SOKITS LOLZ"

So hey, I was adjusting some belts on my Jeep. It uses metric sockets. I guess it's gay, too. Hey, any of you guys work on a car that actually uses SAE sockets lately? Didn't think so.

#59 · (Edited)
mgb65 said:
Just to let everyone know, this thread is being followed on several automotive sites. We over at at British car site find it hilarious. The guys over at the Mercury Cougar site are getting a good chuckle as well....

Keep up the good work guys:thumbsup:
I've got the Acura Vigor and Legend club following these antics as well. The word "idiot" kept coming up over there, for some strange reason.

http://tinyurl.com/yx9vt2

http://tinyurl.com/y9cyd4

ON. THE. FLOOR. GASPING! :D

#67 ·
flyboyike said:
I'm pretty sure I've never had a thread go this stupid this fast in all my extensive moderating career.
And it was thought this would be a constructive thread. Now it's the talk of the town on so many forums. I guess it does generate the web traffic right? :D

#68 ·
flyboyike said:
I'm pretty sure I've never had a thread go this stupid this fast in all my extensive moderating career.
This thread went stupid on 11-09-2006, 11:42 PM, post #1.
---------------------------------

Electric Horseman
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2006

I am pissed!

"I buy a car from Ebay only LATER to find it is RHD which NOW stands for Right Hand Drive. THEN I find out there is no CONVERSION KIT to make it normal. Whenever I drive the car it leaks oil like a sieve and there is NO SUCH THING AS CUSTOMER SUPPORT when I call Mercedes-Benz. I go out to the garage to try and tighten it up a little and I FIND OUT this bitch ONLY USES size METRIC TOOLS not the normal American Standard. I HOPE ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BUY ONE OF THESE THINGS RUNS FROM IT."

Yep. Thats where it went stupid instantly, not just fast.

#71 ·
johneurostar said:
Spending Christmas in Hollis Queens, eating fried chicken an' collard greens.....

........RUN DMC I think.......
Actually RUN BMW:D

#72 ·
mundayc said:
Guys, forget the 280SE for a sec (although its hard) - you cant seriously have a place over there called a "Chuck E Cheese" can you????
Chuck E CHeese is a real cheesy (pun intended) pizza joint targeted at familys with hyperactive kids that can't sit still long enough to eat a meal....they have an inside playground and some really crappy food. But it is a real place..and worse its a chain of crappy restaurants.

#73 ·
GaryF said:
Ok, so let’s recap on where we are so far. Our friend buys a car on eBay which is a text only advert and includes the acronym “RHD”, he bids and wins the car. The money is transferred immediately to the seller who arranges for it to be delivered to our friends’ trailer.
eBay encounter a freak and very isolated data loss which results in all record of the listing going missing.
While waiting for his new car to arrive our friend registers with BenzWorld and poses for a profile photo. He’s not entirely happy with his hair but he’s in a rush.
He’s new pride and joy arrives and he jumps into the driver’s seat. Misty eyed he looks around his ride…..but wait….something is not right…..Nooooo !!
It’s got an 8-Track stereo. He rings his local Mercedes dealership but they offer no help so he comes here and is given some useful advice to solve the problem.
Next he lifts the hood and sees oil “somewhere” on the engine, this time he contacts the head of MBUSA to no avail so posts a message here. Again he follows the advice and purchases some additive from Wall-Mart.
Takes another sit in his new ride after cleaning some chicken bones off the seat (he’ll remove these with a garden hose later) and its at this point that EH goes to start the car and realises all the major controls are not in front of him but the passenger has them. That’s not normal !
This time he goes right to the top and rings the head of Mercedes in Germany, again he gets no satisfaction with the response so returns to the forum for salvation. For some reason the forum refuse to tell him where he can purchase the conversion kit, and even Wall-Mart doesn’t stock it. Is this some kind of conspiracy?
But wait, one suggestion catches his imagination.
For 200 miles he drives backwards along the highway totally happy with his “Bitch”. But then the unthinkable happens, the lack of air flow to the radiator has over-heated the engine and it seizes outside a chuck-e-cheese.
After calming down he gets his “Bitch” towed home and vows to have it converted to LHD by the end of the winter with some good advice from this forum.

Plausible….I don’t think so!
Yeah I know your type. A real panty-waist who runs around with a 8 millimeter in his back pocket thinking that you are somebody. I but you've never driven a Right Hand Drive or had an engine let go and dealt with it. So what? I come on here looking for some advice about trying to keep a car original that I bought because I liked the body style and thought someone here would have a few good ideas. You can rest easy because I AM DONE WITH THIS BITCH and I AM DONE WITH THIS FORUM AND ITS ABUSIVE MEMBERS. For the last week I have been working trying to get the dash out and then I find out that a replacement engine is $5000 plus shipping. It's more than the car is worth. I HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT LAUGH WATCHING WHAT I HAD TO GO THROUGH. MAN I CANNOT STAND THE WAY EVERYONE HERE ACTS WHEN SOMEONE ASK FOR HELP. YEAH IT WAS REAL FUNNY LAUGHING. NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY MERCEDES DRIVERS ARE SEEN AS SUCH WEENIES.

#76 ·
This is typical of how I've been treated with my problems. Instead of putting a lock onto a thread where I am trying to get information and help how about getting some on here with SOME ANSWERS!!!!!! That would be a REAL STEP in lowering the FUSTRATION LEVELS instead of everyone giggling like little girls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.