Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W116 Owners Gallery

205K views 234 replies 119 participants last post by  Hamishkmherd 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

Need a favor from you all if you wouldn't mind!Could everyone post some photos of your W116's again?

#4 ·
RE: Your W116 P & J Gallery

A during restoration/highly modification of my 76 450SE.You will have to wait for a while for a pic of the finished product.Think full body kit and all chrome cancelled.Roll your eyes for now thinking I ruined it but those who come over almost piss on themselves when the see it.One bad mother f****r,just wait and see ![;)]

Attachments

#6 ·

Attachments

#16 ·

Here is my jewel 79 300SD 92,344 original miles and service records. I might place it on Ebay

Attachments

#17 ·

I LOVE my W116 to bits. It has been my daily business transport for nearly 10 years. It is a 1980 280SE auto and has done nearly 500 000km. the engine has been completely rebuilt and the gearbox, cooling system, fuel system, suspension have all been replaced or completely overhauled

I love this car. It was always my dream car when I was growing up. It was my dream car when I was using it daily. Now that I have replaced it with a W140 a few weeks ago, it is resting in my garage waiting for complete restoration. NEVER will I part with it.

Attachments

#18 ·

Part of mine is restored:
Type: 280S
Condition: Pretty good after welding some parts
Imported from Germany into the Netherlands in 2002.

After restoration with BBS alloys
Car needs lowering but thats still to come.

I can show more pics if wanted.

#22 ·

Here's a couple pics of my 77 450 SEL. 124,000 miles. Two owner car (including me). Originally owned by a medical doc who was meticulous in both his maintenance and his record-keeping. I picked the car up for a song on ebay - sight unseen - figuring I could get my $$$ back if I found too many problems. But she turned out to be a keeper. I've never had a Benz before, frankly never really wanted one; but I LOVE this car's magnificent ride quality.

#23 ·

Here's a couple pics of my 77 450 SEL. 124,000 miles. Two owner car (including me). Originally owned by a medical doc who was meticulous in both his maintenance and his record-keeping. I picked the car up for a song on ebay - sight unseen - figuring I could get my $$$ back if I found too many problems. But she turned out to be a keeper. I've never had a Benz before, frankly never really wanted one; but I LOVE this car's magnificent ride quality.

#24 ·

Here are my babies, a 1968 250SE and a 1974 450SE... ps... does any one know where I can get parts (ie to rebuild my 250SE) in South Australia? thnx

Attachments