post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: V230 Ambiente
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
V Class Transmission Problem

I have a 1996 V230 and yesterday the transmission warning light came on. The vehicle will start but only continue to turn over whilst my foot is on the accelerator. Does anyone know what may be wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 03:12 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2003
Vehicle: V220cdi
RE: V Class Transmission Problem

Air leak in the inducton system, ie loose manifold/pipe adrift?

Dave
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2004, 02:47 AM
buk
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Mar 2004
Vehicle: V230 Ambiente Auto

I've got the same problem. I have checked the induction system and can not find any fault. have you sorted yours?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 03:28 AM
buk
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Mar 2004
Vehicle: V230 Ambiente Auto

sxjj, I have sent you an E-mail about this. This post is for other members/guests.My same problem was sorted by changing the Throttle Valve Body (slide). It cost me 165 sterling to have it diagnosed. If anyone else gets the problem and would like some pictures E-mail me.
Paul.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 07:03 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2003
Vehicle: 300TDT(W123), E220(W124), Vito110CDI(W638), E240(W210), ML270Cdi(W163)
Vito Transmission Problem

This problem hit me today on my Vito 110CDI. The transmission suddenly disengaged as if the gear was in neutral. After turning the vehicle off and on, it engaged for a few times until it completely would no longer engage using the on/off cycle. The Vito is now in the shop and the mechanic wants to bring down the tranny and only then he can advise me of what is causing the problem. After seeing the Sarge's post on fault codes, I'm going to solicit the fault code to find out exactly. I would appreciate it if anyone who had the same experience (such as Paul) can send the details on how can this be fixed.

Gerone
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2006, 07:57 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2006
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerone
This problem hit me today on my Vito 110CDI. The transmission suddenly disengaged as if the gear was in neutral. After turning the vehicle off and on, it engaged for a few times until it completely would no longer engage using the on/off cycle. The Vito is now in the shop and the mechanic wants to bring down the tranny and only then he can advise me of what is causing the problem. After seeing the Sarge's post on fault codes, I'm going to solicit the fault code to find out exactly. I would appreciate it if anyone who had the same experience (such as Paul) can send the details on how can this be fixed.

Gerone
Hi Gerone,
I've encountered that problem before and I'm proud to say that we've solved that problem with a little help from my friends. See my previous discussion with Sarge. What's the name of the shop? Is it a dealership? If it's not a MB dealer, I doubt if they can give you an accurate fault code because only DAS or STAR can read it precisely. Give me a call at 882-6288 or 631-1156 so we can talk about it.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 08:13 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2003
Vehicle: 300TDT(W123), E220(W124), Vito110CDI(W638), E240(W210), ML270Cdi(W163)
I sent it to CMC and using the Star diagnostics came out P2019, P2010, P2028, P2013 which unfortunately aren't in Sarge's list of fault codes. I only gathered the meaning of P2013 from the dealer which meant "Output Speed Implausible". There were other info in the report given to me which are:

AGN - Actual Valve
08 - Slip speed of torque converter
clutch O. RPM Engine at Idling
06 - Out speed O. RPM Engine at Idling
1) Oil level oil grade
2) Mechanical or hydraulic defect in transmission
3) Automatic transmission control module

I reviewed the thread of Sarge on the matter and searched your reply. What part you say you replaced? And is it easily available?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 08:16 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2006
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerone
I sent it to CMC and using the Star diagnostics came out P2019, P2010, P2028, P2013 which unfortunately aren't in Sarge's list of fault codes. I only gathered the meaning of P2013 from the dealer which meant "Output Speed Implausible". There were other info in the report given to me which are:

AGN - Actual Valve
08 - Slip speed of torque converter
clutch O. RPM Engine at Idling
06 - Out speed O. RPM Engine at Idling
1) Oil level oil grade
2) Mechanical or hydraulic defect in transmission
3) Automatic transmission control module

I reviewed the thread of Sarge on the matter and searched your reply. What part you say you replaced? And is it easily available?
Fault code description and probable cause:
P2019- Torque converter clutch or turbine speed fault. caused by a leaking torque converter lockup clutch or defective turbine speed sensor
P2010- ABD message monitoring. Causd by a defective CAN cable or CDI control module or FWS control module or EGS control module
P2013- Output speed monitoring. Caused by a defective output gear or output speed sensor, and hydraulic or mechanical failure.
P2028- Double fault with identical priority. Caused by implausibility on the CAN signal communication.
You said your Vito is at CMC. Bukas pa ba sila? I thought only the warranty dept. is operating for some unfinished business. I know for a fact that they don't overhaul transmissions. They just open it and convince their client to replace the whole tranny because it's beyond repair.
Why don't you give me a call at home 8826288 or at the office 6311156. I'M WAITING.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 09:03 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm_bigj View Post
Hi Gerone,
I've encountered that problem before and I'm proud to say that we've solved that problem with a little help from my friends. See my previous discussion with Sarge. What's the name of the shop? Is it a dealership? If it's not a MB dealer, I doubt if they can give you an accurate fault code because only DAS or STAR can read it precisely. Give me a call at 882-6288 or 631-1156 so we can talk about it.
Hello friend
I'm Bill from Greece. I have a similar problem as you had. I have a '97 v230.
It won't drive forward with D, it revs up and no movement and while it revs down the gears kicks and works fine until I stop or push it hard. It run with R or 3 but haven't push it.
What was the problem on your case?
Did you solve it?
Please help me out here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > V-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in