post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 12:30 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2013
Vehicle: 1995 s500, 1974 450sl
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
IndyJeffrey,

I was Jack Keefe's biggest fan and cheerleader when he opened up his own shop a few years back. He was the only guy that I'd let touch my much beloved w140 S Class. I recommended him to a lot of people and was happy to bring him the business. I haven't met anyone in the midwest yet with more knowledge of as many MB models as he has and the quality of his work is unassailable. With all that said, I have to withdraw my endorsement above that I wrote a couple years ago. He's become a victim of his own success. It's impossible to get a return call from him now, as one of his longest and most loyal customers, I can't even get an appointment nor does he respond to emails, voicemails, or texts anymore. He stiffed me on a set a monoblocks for my r129, and he has spare parts for my 140 I can't retrieve because I can never get a hold of him. I have long considered Jack a friend as well as my mechanic but alas, I've had to move on to someone else. Jack is a fantastic mechanic, I think he just needs a little help in managing the business end of the shop. He had twins a few months ago and I know he's not getting any sleep between them and the backlog of cars he's trying to get done. I'd like to chalk my experiences up to that and nothing more sinister. I hope to come back to him someday but for now, I take my 140, my '99 r129 SL500, my r231 SL63 (for anything not covered by warranty) and my w222 s550 (same thing) to Barry Oyler, owner of Tach'd Out Automotive.

Jeffrey, Barry's shop is in the hood on 38th street and you get your car back when you get it back; he won't be rushed to do anything. He is not exclusively MB but he knows a great deal about them and has the diagnostic equipment to handle just about anything that goes wrong. But he's very busy. He's a mechanical genius that I've seen figure out things with a friend's ML500 that the best techs at Worldwide couldn't come close to. When Jack Keefe told me my r129 couldn't be repaired and should be junked, Barry asked to take a crack at it. Now, it took a year of him wrenching on it in his spare time because I ddin't *need* it quickly, but it's better than new now.
If you aren't in a hurry (like, if you have other cars to drive in the meantime) and you care about things being done *right*, I'd recommend Barry now. On top of his prowess, he's a really personable guy and totally trustworthy. I really do hope to someday go back to Jack @ Benz Unlimited because he's been a friend as well as the best mechanic my MBs have ever been to but for now, it's nobody but Barry Oyler.

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 04:09 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2016
Vehicle: 2014 C300
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Jack: Thanks for the note. I will look him up and see where it goes. -- Jeff
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 05:52 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Jack: Thanks for the note 18 months ago.
I am curious where you get your MB serviced? I am a bit fed up with the local dealer. How did you find the local shop? Bonus points if you can recommend someone in Indianapolis. Thanks, IndyJeffrey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:36 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Indianapolis repair service shop

I took my car for it's scheduled maintenance to Reggie's Motorworks. They were fantastic. Based on this visit I will be taking my car to them in the future.
Timepilot likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > U.S. - Midwest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in