Mercedes-Benz Forum

Mercedes-Benz Forum (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/)
-   For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/sale-wanted-trade-giveaway/)
-   -   1995 E320 Cabrolet (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/sale-wanted-trade-giveaway/3028324-1995-e320-cabrolet.html)

ChristianAnarchist 06-05-2019 06:53 PM

1995 E320 Cabrolet

The last of the hand built Mercedes. In fair shape. Top works fine (all cylinders but one recently replaced). Dark blue with tan interior. Many of the plastic pieces extremely brittle and broken but I've tried to keep the bits. Runs and drives and garaged. Currently licensed but only driven a couple of times per year. Maybe someone else can make better use of this classic.

Located about 30 miles south of Memphis.

Okie-Benz 06-05-2019 07:05 PM

Price? Pics?

edfreeman 06-05-2019 07:43 PM

^ what he said. There's a sticky post at the top of the forum which gives the posting rules, and they'll serve you well and get more interest.

ChristianAnarchist 06-05-2019 09:01 PM

[QUOTE=Okie-Benz;17806754]Price? Pics?[/QUOTE

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow and the price is best offer I guess. We will see what the interest is in this car. I'm not in any hurry to sell it so unless I get a crazy offer I'll leave this here for bit and see how much interest there is.

ChristianAnarchist 06-05-2019 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edfreeman (Post 17806790)
^ what he said. There's a sticky post at the top of the forum which gives the posting rules, and they'll serve you well and get more interest.

Read the multiple stickys and coudn't see anything where I'm violating the rules. As I said this is something I'm putting out there to see if there's interest. I am not taking ANY money from anyone who does not come here and look at and drive the car. I would not like to have an unsatisfied buyer. This is the reason I put in the location of the car. If you don't intend to come and drive it then you can ignore this thread.

magicbigdaddy 06-05-2019 09:55 PM

Ignored

ChristianAnarchist 06-06-2019 12:28 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's a few pictures. More are available upon request.

Michael Pillay 06-07-2019 02:09 AM

It is going to be difficult to find a buyer on this site without additional information. If you do not provide some idea to the price you are looking for, you are either not going to get any offers or you will get very low offers. I am sure you have some idea in mind as to the price.
Mileage on the vehicle, maintenance etc, receipts for parts-buyers will want to know if you have provide these. The m104 needs the top end attended to along with timing chain and guides by this time. Potential buyers will want to know if this has been done and by whom.
Best of luck with your sale. It is a very nice w124. With same additional information, I am sure you will get interest here.

LWB250 06-07-2019 02:39 PM

Please cite your source for the statement "last of the hand built Mercedes". I've heard/seen this in so many ads it's trending with "ICE COLD AIR!" and "million mile" diesel engines.

Mercedes have been "hand built" for years. I'm confused by these sorts of claims and would appreciate clarification.

ChristianAnarchist 06-07-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LWB250 (Post 17808458)
Please cite your source for the statement "last of the hand built Mercedes". I've heard/seen this in so many ads it's trending with "ICE COLD AIR!" and "million mile" diesel engines.

Mercedes have been "hand built" for years. I'm confused by these sorts of claims and would appreciate clarification.

I was told when I bought this some 8 years ago that it was the last year of "hand built" Mercedes. I never questioned it but now that you mention it I may have been fooled. Maybe they weren't hand built. Anyway, I supposed I want about 12K for the car and it's got something around 142K miles on it (maybe, I'll have to go to the shop and check it and right now it's almost midnight so I'm not about to check it right now).

As to the post of when the repairs have been done I personally did the cylinders for the convertible top and I did NOT put in the Mercedes factory cylinders with the crappy seals that give out in 10 years. I sent the cylinders in to be rebuilt by the guy recommended to me on this forum. (sorry, I don't really remember who that is - old timers disease...)

I've never had the timing chain repair done so maybe someone before me did. I can only speak for repairs done under my watch.