Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Jul 2017
Vehicle: 2000 SL 500 Sport
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
FS 2000 SL500 Sport in MA

I destroyed both my shoulders over a year ago and sold my 2016 Harley Saturday and have decided to put my 2000 SL500 for sale. I have owned it about 2 years and fixed a bunch of the usual stuff but the car was in exceptional shape to begin with. It has just under 80,000 miles (but I am driving it). I have 1 working flip key/remote and 2 flat keys cut that open the doors and trunk and will turn in the ignition but not start the car.

I have replaced the following.

Blower motor resistor (fixed broken clip also), console button, console piston, visor hinge covers, Visor mirror cover (bought 2 needed 1 second included), New Bosch MAF, driver side mirror that was foggy (damn those are expensive)

new spark plugs, New transmission interlock cable and interlock. Changed filter and added Mercedes fluid until full, clip/screw that holds the trim over battery. Air filter, cabin filter, I have repaired with cup seals on 7 of the cylinders and just replaced a bow cylinder with Top Hydraulics. The pump has been flushed with all new MB fluid. The last 3 cylinders are not leaking and the top works perfectly. I have new seals for the last 3 cylinders. I also have a couple of quarts of MB fluid and a quart of power steering fluid. I replaced both corner directional lights because one of my clips was broken and wanted them to match. The old ones are included. Spare radio with code (bought to replace broken button on mine).

I have the following bought (not needed yet) and will include. Everything is Mercedes Benz with receipts for all of it.

All 4 Silver arrow drilled slotted rotors, Akebono pads, fuel filter, 2 oil filters, extra air filter (2), emergency brake parts and pads, Behr blower motor, blower motor housing, complete resistor (a complete assembly should it ever fail). The switch on the console for the lights only works in the on position not the door position (have new switch)(didn't want to remove console and fix the 1 crack that is there). the sensor on the back of the motor (cam or crank). I have a small crack on 1 of the strut bumpers so I bought 2.

When I bought a hard top was not included. While searching I found a nice panoramic roof off of a black Sport model. It also has a black interior. I think being black it works with almost any color (all the glass looks black) there is a small painted area that probably wouldn't cost much to paint to match. I thought it looked good. The sport models have a different colored trim. Most SLs have black trim, the Sport has a bronze like color and this top has the correct trim. Here are a few pictures for now and I will add some more later. I am asking $15,000 with the top, $12,995 without. I know you can find these for a lot less but this one started very clean and I have done most of all the known issues and am including all the parts to finish. The car is located in Brockton MA.

Nice shift knob

If you or anyone owns an R129 1997-2002 did you know that none of the keys or remotes are available. Even if you don't need a key at the moment call your local MB dealer and inquire about having a key and remote made. If they get enough interest maybe they will show a little bit of interest regarding solving this issue.
Thanks
Mark

Last edited by thealien; 07-12-2018 at 04:07 PM. Reason: added a picture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Price reduced. I will take $11,000 without the panoramic and $13,000 with. This is a clean great running car with all the little known to break parts addressed.
roadhouse likes this.

If you or anyone owns an R129 1997-2002 did you know that none of the keys or remotes are available. Even if you don't need a key at the moment call your local MB dealer and inquire about having a key and remote made. If they get enough interest maybe they will show a little bit of interest regarding solving this issue.
Thanks
Mark
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 05:06 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
I am about to offer a Benzworld member a great deal (in my opinion anyway)!!

My 80,000 mile SL500 sport with all new brakes, shocks, strut mounts, blower resistor, car cover, hard top stand, hard top cover, a bunch of extra parts and Mercedes benz hydraulic, transmission fluid, and power steering fluid for $10,500 cash in Brockton MA. There are no dash lights or codes.

$10,500 you could sell the top for $2500 and end up paying $8000 for a nice sport edition!!

Thanks
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 10:18 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2018
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
This is a hell of a deal to be honest.

Would you consider selling the Silver Arrow rotors separately? I'd be interested.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtehrani View Post
This is a hell of a deal to be honest.

Would you consider selling the Silver Arrow rotors separately? I'd be interested.
No, but I bought them directly through Mercedes last year for about $65-70 each. Not much more than noon SA rotors.

Thanks
Mark
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
$10,000 Firm for the car, the panoramic top, and a bunch of parts and fluids. Try and find a deal like this. If it doesn't sell soon I am probably going to ebay or auction it.

Thanks
Mark
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 06:44 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Feb 2015
Vehicle: 1995 SL320, 1995 SL500 ("Red Devil " project), 1998 C280, 2004 E500 4matic
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Garage
Beautiful and wells sorted car, good luck with sale!

Regards,
D
thealien likes this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by duh_vinci View Post
Beautiful and wells sorted car, good luck with sale!

Regards,
D
@duh_vinci

Thanks and I agree a beautiful car (where was this deal when I was looking. I must have looked at 20-30). I have a few "interested" but no buyers. I am a terrible salesman and inform all potential buyers about the key issue (and that it is being resolved) and if they are not mechanically inclined or know a Mercedes mechanic it is not the car for them. For $10,000 I prefer to have good Karma and no buyers remorse. If I had the room I would keep it but looking at 1970 convertible muscle cars!

Thanks
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in