Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Audio Interruption with Roof Operation

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  High Technology 
#1 ·
I have noticed than when opening or closing the roof, I get a very brief interruption in the COMAND audio at one point in the process. If I recall, it's just as the trunk lid closes. It's not an antenna issue, because I almost exclusively listen to either the Music Register or Bluetooth streaming (via a Coolstream CarPro plugged into the iPod connector). I've never though much about it, but some guys on the W207 forum noticed the same thing and they believe it's an antenna ground loss issue. I suspect it's a CAN bus messaging issue. This never happened on my W209 CLK, and maybe it only happens on facelift R230's with COMAND 2.5? Any idea?

#5 ·
I believe that the Bose sound system has an active EQ and there is a microphone that adjusts the sound to match the environment.

I think it switches modes from "open air" top down acoustics to coupe or top closed sound settings and
it is just an automatic mode change.

my 2 cents

#7 ·
I believe that the Bose sound system has an active EQ and there is a microphone that adjusts the sound.

I think it switches modes from "open air" top down acoustics to coupe or top closed sound settings and
it is just an automatic mode change.

my 2 cents
That's an interesting theory. Mine is the Harmon-Kardon system, but I believe it has similar logic for sound equalization. You definitely might be on to something!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.