BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2019
Vehicle: 05 mercedes SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
air conditioner

has anyone experienced this?
my A/C works but doesn't blow air or as much air from the middle vents in the middle. instead i am noticing cold air around my feet. anybody know what;'s going on? is there a leak somewhere? how do you fix it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 08:35 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 2003 500sl
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
first the three dials buy center vents push up second on the control it self if you look u turn knob to where u want air to flow
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy9299 View Post
first the three dials buy center vents push up second on the control it self if you look u turn knob to where u want air to flow
dude you are the worst fucking troll
you are pathetic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 04:47 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2018
Vehicle: sl600
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
LOL but on a more serious note make sure you have all the right dials on and settings to your preference, this climate control system is a little more complicated then what it seems.

for starters make you have the blue light on for cold air from the middle vents, (one time i had the red light on a hot sunny day and it was blowing out hot air out of both the middle vents while every other vent was cold air.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	80cbb59c-d2ed-404b-821f-ba57e1c3436b.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	2524094  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl600kid View Post
LOL but on a more serious note make sure you have all the right dials on and settings to your preference, this climate control system is a little more complicated then what it seems.

for starters make you have the blue light on for cold air from the middle vents, (one time i had the red light on a hot sunny day and it was blowing out hot air out of both the middle vents while every other vent was cold air.
the blue and the red?

the blue and the red don't do fuck all i don't think anybody knows what those buttons are for but they are not AC
you get hot air or cold through your CLIMATE CONTROL UNIT by pressing the AC button. that's how you change it in the summer.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 08:47 PM

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2010 ML350 FORMER: 2007 CLK550 Cabriolet, 2002 C240, 2001 ML320, 1984 300TD
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1685 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
This discussion seems to be getting a bit heated (no pun intended).
@MercedesSL666 : First of all, Welcome to the forum! Please take a moment to visit the User Control Panel and update your profile to include your car model and year, and your location (at least country). This information will then appear below your name and avatar on the left side panel next to each post you make. This will greatly help others to give you better information. If you are using the mobile version of the site, you will need to switch to the "full" version to get to the User Control Panel.

I know we are all adults here, and the f-bomb is not a big deal, but it seems a bit harsh to use when someone is trying to offer some advice. Those buttons actually do control the temperature of the air coming from the center vents. It seems odd, but some people may want warm air in the summer of cooler air in the winter so those buttons override the ACC panel's settings. Most people leave it set to "blue" which is cooler air.

Your situations does seem like something is wrong. I'd suggest getting codes scanned form the ACC. You'll need a tool that reads MBZ-specific systems, so a generic OBDII scanner won't do it.

--

- RODNEY

So you want to send me a private message? Please read this first:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Stable:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 10:04 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Jun 2018
Vehicle: 2005 SL65 plus 13 other non MB toys
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Actually....the lack of profanity is one of the reasons I enjoy this forum. My wife likes to follow along sometimes. Call me "old school" or "raised differently" but even though I can tolerate it to a degree, I don't think exposing ladies, or anyone for that matter, to this kind of language is very decent. Just my $.02
Gary Knox and nosmo Sl55 like this.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeney View Post
This discussion seems to be getting a bit heated (no pun intended).
@MercedesSL666 : First of all, Welcome to the forum! Please take a moment to visit the User Control Panel and update your profile to include your car model and year, and your location (at least country). This information will then appear below your name and avatar on the left side panel next to each post you make. This will greatly help others to give you better information. If you are using the mobile version of the site, you will need to switch to the "full" version to get to the User Control Panel.

I know we are all adults here, and the f-bomb is not a big deal, but it seems a bit harsh to use when someone is trying to offer some advice. Those buttons actually do control the temperature of the air coming from the center vents. It seems odd, but some people may want warm air in the summer of cooler air in the winter so those buttons override the ACC panel's settings. Most people leave it set to "blue" which is cooler air.

Your situations does seem like something is wrong. I'd suggest getting codes scanned form the ACC. You'll need a tool that reads MBZ-specific systems, so a generic OBDII scanner won't do it.
i know and i appreciate that i am sorry i went apeshit but i hate trolls and this guy almost pissed me off.
what a loser.

listen, is icarsoft scanner any good? i have been able to adjust windows with it believe it or not.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 05:37 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2019
Vehicle: SL600 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedesSL666 View Post
has anyone experienced this?
my A/C works but doesn't blow air or as much air from the middle vents in the middle. instead i am noticing cold air around my feet. anybody know what;'s going on? is there a leak somewhere? how do you fix it?
If there is cold air aroud your feet, so probably leak is not the issue. Its more like some treouble with air distriution settings. I would first make sure that everything is in auto and all vents are open. And try changing temperature settings to see if distribution changes in case you switch from cooling to heating (or you can switch it manually to see if it actually works).

It would make search much easier.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 07:31 PM

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2010 ML350 FORMER: 2007 CLK550 Cabriolet, 2002 C240, 2001 ML320, 1984 300TD
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1685 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
iCarsoft is better than nothing (or a generic OBDII scanner) but what you really want is SDS (Star Diagnosis). You can get a turnkey "Chinese clone" version pre-installed on a used laptop for around $400 or less. All you need for the R230 is the C3 version. Check Aliexpress or DHGate.

--

- RODNEY

So you want to send me a private message? Please read this first:

My Stable:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Roadster Forums > R230 SL-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in