air conditioner - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Jun 2019
Vehicle: 05 mercedes SL
Location: london canada
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
air conditioner

has anyone experienced this?
my A/C works but doesn't blow air or as much air from the middle vents in the middle. instead i am noticing cold air around my feet. anybody know what;'s going on? is there a leak somewhere? how do you fix it?
MercedesSL666 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 08:35 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
jimmy9299's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 2003 500sl
Location: brooklyn ny
Posts: 479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
first the three dials buy center vents push up second on the control it self if you look u turn knob to where u want air to flow
jimmy9299 is online now  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Jun 2019
Vehicle: 05 mercedes SL
Location: london canada
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy9299 View Post
first the three dials buy center vents push up second on the control it self if you look u turn knob to where u want air to flow
dude you are the worst fucking troll
you are pathetic
MercedesSL666 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 04:47 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Mar 2018
Vehicle: sl600
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
LOL but on a more serious note make sure you have all the right dials on and settings to your preference, this climate control system is a little more complicated then what it seems.

for starters make you have the blue light on for cold air from the middle vents, (one time i had the red light on a hot sunny day and it was blowing out hot air out of both the middle vents while every other vent was cold air.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	80cbb59c-d2ed-404b-821f-ba57e1c3436b.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	2524094  
sl600kid is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Jun 2019
Vehicle: 05 mercedes SL
Location: london canada
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl600kid View Post
LOL but on a more serious note make sure you have all the right dials on and settings to your preference, this climate control system is a little more complicated then what it seems.

for starters make you have the blue light on for cold air from the middle vents, (one time i had the red light on a hot sunny day and it was blowing out hot air out of both the middle vents while every other vent was cold air.
the blue and the red?

the blue and the red don't do fuck all i don't think anybody knows what those buttons are for but they are not AC
you get hot air or cold through your CLIMATE CONTROL UNIT by pressing the AC button. that's how you change it in the summer.
MercedesSL666 is online now  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 08:47 PM
Moderator
 
rudeney's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2010 ML350 FORMER: 2007 CLK550 Cabriolet, 2002 C240, 2001 ML320, 1984 300TD
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 18,443
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1685 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
This discussion seems to be getting a bit heated (no pun intended).
@MercedesSL666 : First of all, Welcome to the forum! Please take a moment to visit the User Control Panel and update your profile to include your car model and year, and your location (at least country). This information will then appear below your name and avatar on the left side panel next to each post you make. This will greatly help others to give you better information. If you are using the mobile version of the site, you will need to switch to the "full" version to get to the User Control Panel.

I know we are all adults here, and the f-bomb is not a big deal, but it seems a bit harsh to use when someone is trying to offer some advice. Those buttons actually do control the temperature of the air coming from the center vents. It seems odd, but some people may want warm air in the summer of cooler air in the winter so those buttons override the ACC panel's settings. Most people leave it set to "blue" which is cooler air.

Your situations does seem like something is wrong. I'd suggest getting codes scanned form the ACC. You'll need a tool that reads MBZ-specific systems, so a generic OBDII scanner won't do it.

--

- RODNEY


So you want to send me a private message? Please read this first:


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My Stable:


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rudeney is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 10:04 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
Date registered: Jun 2018
Vehicle: 2005 SL65 plus 13 other non MB toys
Location: Maryland
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Actually....the lack of profanity is one of the reasons I enjoy this forum. My wife likes to follow along sometimes. Call me "old school" or "raised differently" but even though I can tolerate it to a degree, I don't think exposing ladies, or anyone for that matter, to this kind of language is very decent. Just my $.02
Gary Knox and nosmo Sl55 like this.
Triple cranks is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Jun 2019
Vehicle: 05 mercedes SL
Location: london canada
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeney View Post
This discussion seems to be getting a bit heated (no pun intended).
@MercedesSL666 : First of all, Welcome to the forum! Please take a moment to visit the User Control Panel and update your profile to include your car model and year, and your location (at least country). This information will then appear below your name and avatar on the left side panel next to each post you make. This will greatly help others to give you better information. If you are using the mobile version of the site, you will need to switch to the "full" version to get to the User Control Panel.

I know we are all adults here, and the f-bomb is not a big deal, but it seems a bit harsh to use when someone is trying to offer some advice. Those buttons actually do control the temperature of the air coming from the center vents. It seems odd, but some people may want warm air in the summer of cooler air in the winter so those buttons override the ACC panel's settings. Most people leave it set to "blue" which is cooler air.

Your situations does seem like something is wrong. I'd suggest getting codes scanned form the ACC. You'll need a tool that reads MBZ-specific systems, so a generic OBDII scanner won't do it.
i know and i appreciate that i am sorry i went apeshit but i hate trolls and this guy almost pissed me off.
what a loser.

listen, is icarsoft scanner any good? i have been able to adjust windows with it believe it or not.
MercedesSL666 is online now  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 05:37 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Feb 2019
Vehicle: SL600 2004
Location: Moscow
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedesSL666 View Post
has anyone experienced this?
my A/C works but doesn't blow air or as much air from the middle vents in the middle. instead i am noticing cold air around my feet. anybody know what;'s going on? is there a leak somewhere? how do you fix it?
If there is cold air aroud your feet, so probably leak is not the issue. Its more like some treouble with air distriution settings. I would first make sure that everything is in auto and all vents are open. And try changing temperature settings to see if distribution changes in case you switch from cooling to heating (or you can switch it manually to see if it actually works).

It would make search much easier.
p0nchik is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 07:31 PM
Moderator
 
rudeney's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2010 ML350 FORMER: 2007 CLK550 Cabriolet, 2002 C240, 2001 ML320, 1984 300TD
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 18,443
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1685 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
iCarsoft is better than nothing (or a generic OBDII scanner) but what you really want is SDS (Star Diagnosis). You can get a turnkey "Chinese clone" version pre-installed on a used laptop for around $400 or less. All you need for the R230 is the C3 version. Check Aliexpress or DHGate.

--

- RODNEY


So you want to send me a private message? Please read this first:


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My Stable:


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rudeney is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Roadster Forums > R230 SL-Class

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
MercedesSL666



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome