Mercedes-Benz Forum

Mercedes-Benz Forum (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/)
-   R230 SL-Class (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/r230-sl-class/)
-   -   front-end is out --- with pictures (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/r230-sl-class/3029778-front-end-out-pictures.html)

vmarcial27 06-20-2019 09:32 AM

front-end is out --- with pictures

3 Attachment(s)
so brought a sl500 with 20 thousand miles. the car was hit in the front. small hit { in my opinion }. im going to do the face lift since i have to change the front anyway. Since the car is completly apart what preventive maintenance should i do to it before i put it back together ? I already change the thermostat and belt. i want to change the abc and power steering fluid with filter but i want to do the rodeo thing but i dont have a mb start computer. I do have a maxicheck pro. would i be able to do it with that one ? guys anyyyyyy help will be appreciate. i had to replace radiator and ac condenser. i leave in north jersey .

bobterry99 06-20-2019 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmarcial27 (Post 17819782)
I do have a maxicheck pro. would i be able to do it with that one ?

Probably not.

But why listen to me? How much time and effort does it take to plug your Maxicheck Pro into the OBD-II connector, turn the ignition key on, and try to communicate with the ABC controller and find out if there exists a menu item to activate Rodeo?

vmarcial27 06-20-2019 10:01 AM

yes you are right. im going to try when i get home. what else should i do before i put everything back ?

kbob999 06-20-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmarcial27 (Post 17819826)
yes you are right. im going to try when i get home. what else should i do before i put everything back ?

With only 20K miles on the car...not much.

There are items that can be age related, rather than miles, and I'd be inclined to change all the fluids. You can do this after assembly.

Unless there damaged items I'd say put it together and drive it.

vmarcial27 06-20-2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbob999 (Post 17819964)
With only 20K miles on the car...not much.

There are items that can be age related, rather than miles, and I'd be inclined to change all the fluids. You can do this after assembly.

Unless there damaged items I'd say put it together and drive it.

perfect thanks . pentosin chf 11s for power steering and abc right ?

vmarcial27 06-20-2019 12:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
what is the differences betwen this 2 ?

kbob999 06-20-2019 12:53 PM

They are the same.

Triple cranks 06-23-2019 08:31 PM

I would suggest replacing all of the dampers as PM. Time takes their toll on them. FCPEuro sells them as a set with a lifetime guarantee. Also, closely inspect any hydraulic line you can get to. If you detect ANY sort of leak or weeping, replace or repair it while you have access.

Before putting it all back together, get the area as clean as you can to make it easier to detect any leaks in the future. Grime absorbs fluid and makes it very difficult to detect leaks.

Maybe replace the crank position sensor (FCPEuro again) and keep the one you remove as a spare in the car should you get stranded. Very cheap insurance.

sl600kid 06-23-2019 09:19 PM

Hey if you do a face lift, document it please, not to many of those on here but many people would like to do it too, so we'll all know the common problems you might encounter. And what budget is necessary and best parts recommended. Thanks