Mercedes-Benz Forum

Mercedes-Benz Forum (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/)
-   R230 SL-Class (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/r230-sl-class/)
-   -   No more staying out all night long!! (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/r230-sl-class/3006345-no-more-staying-out-all-night.html)

pfarah77 10-14-2018 06:34 PM

No more staying out all night long!!

5 Attachment(s)
Hey Everyone,

This thread is just for fun. My wife and I decided to build a garage for our cars as New England weather can be quite brutal. The process began one year ago when I hired an architect to initiate the design process; construction commenced back in May.

1st Pic: Home prior to construction.
2nd: Foundation walls installed in early June.
3rd & 4rd: Rough framing in mid-June.
5th: (July) Concrete floor poured (6 inch, 3,000psi).

pfarah77 10-14-2018 06:44 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Rear entry door, Rough electric, Insulation, drywall and plaster, mudroom entry door and exterior siding on both the garage and house (35 year old siding just didn't cut it anymore).

pfarah77 10-14-2018 06:57 PM

5 Attachment(s)
September saw some progress:

- I purchased a four post lift and had the company install/setup the unit.
- All siding completed on the garage and house. While I had the contractor on site, they also replaced the original rear deck railing (old crappy wood that required annual painting) with a composite rail system.
- All interior surfaces prepped and painted.

pfarah77 10-14-2018 07:18 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Things have really slowed down over the past few weeks due the incessant rains, however; the following occurred in October (thus far):

- The electrician installed/trimmed ceiling light fixtures and audio speakers.
- New driveway installed.
- Epoxy flooring applied last week.
- Builder came and installed mudroom landing and stairs.

pfarah77 10-14-2018 07:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Today was a big day for this family. I got to test the lift with my Porsche; she will be sleeping on the rack with the SL bunking underneath...

Wifey's car (2016 Mini Clubman S) will occupy the other bay with provisions for a second lift when she hankers for a toy of her own.

pfarah77 10-14-2018 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Things still pending:

- We're told that the garage doors will be installed this week (installers have delayed us for over three weeks).
- Final electric work (tie-in to house panel, install outlets, AC/heat mini-split unit and a few other items).
- A two page document submitted to the builder from me identified a number of discrepancies (mostly small stuff).
- Waiting on the ship date of the garage cabinet system, which was ordered two weeks ago. I decided on the Proslat Fusion Pro Cabinet System as they look awesome, are low profile in design but should have ample store capacity for my needs. The system will be installed along the back wall, facing forward towards the lift.

I'll post updates as they come...

Ruindr 10-14-2018 11:54 PM

Living downtown with only a parking spot, no garage, this looks like a dream setup! Congrats!

rudeney 10-15-2018 07:54 AM

Very nice! I am jealous. I;d never put pics of my garage online it looks so bad. But I am glad to have one that hold my car and the wife's. The kid is on her own.

pfarah77 10-15-2018 02:23 PM

Thanks guys. It's been a long time coming.

GoFastr 10-16-2018 11:30 AM

Congrat's....looks fantastic and I am extremely jealous of the 4 post lift! Kudos!