SL55 and all M113K heat sink problems !!! Need your opinion ? - Mercedes-Benz Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Extremist
 
ADRIAN126sec's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 99CL600,98CL600 Swiss import,R230 SL666, EURO1985 280 CE & XR600R Desert killer
Location: Vancouver USA
Posts: 912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
SL55 and all M113K heat sink problems !!! Need your opinion ?

Hi Gang I'm doing few upgrades on my M113 K motor like bigger pulleys, bigger throttle body ,split supercharging cooling etc ,and I want to wrap SC cooler which is barried in V-block valley other words Death Valley LOL I'm going to use DEI reflective GOLD tape which is available on eBay and now to get even better results I was thinking to use bigger sheet (blanket ) to put in V-Channel as well but now since cooler would be wrapped already there shouldn't be much harm on it from heat sink and on the other hand if block would be wrapped too there would be no heat transfer to space between block and the whole supercharger with cooler ,and whole heat would be trapped in block itself and here is my question what should I do cuz wrapping just cooler is ok keep just away from heat ,but engine block on the other hand might be risky to keep the heat trapped and not being transferred. All help would be much appreciated
ADRIAN126sec is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 06:43 AM
Moderator
 
bayhas's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: SL55, 300SE, GL450, Daytona 955i
Location: Lincoln / Boston - MA
Posts: 10,293
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Send a message via MSN to bayhas Send a message via Yahoo to bayhas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADRIAN126sec View Post
Hi Gang I'm doing few upgrades on my M113 K motor like bigger pulleys, bigger throttle body ,split supercharging cooling etc ,and I want to wrap SC cooler which is barried in V-block valley other words Death Valley LOL I'm going to use DEI reflective GOLD tape which is available on eBay and now to get even better results I was thinking to use bigger sheet (blanket ) to put in V-Channel as well but now since cooler would be wrapped already there shouldn't be much harm on it from heat sink and on the other hand if block would be wrapped too there would be no heat transfer to space between block and the whole supercharger with cooler ,and whole heat would be trapped in block itself and here is my question what should I do cuz wrapping just cooler is ok keep just away from heat ,but engine block on the other hand might be risky to keep the heat trapped and not being transferred. All help would be much appreciated
There are many things you can do before wrapping components (not as effective, and prevents components from self cooling against air in the engine compartment, not good for sleeves, harness, plastic components... etc.

Look into integrating ice tank, AC cooling, intake wax spacers... etc.

These solutions decrease comfort and reliability, but extreme performance call for extreme solutions...

should be fine if the car is not a daily driver...

Garage:

Mercedes-Benz, W140 S Class S320 (AKA 300SE)

Mercedes-Benz, R230 SL Class SL55 (///AMG)

Mercedes-Benz, X166 GL CLass GL63 (///AMG)

Ducati 999 with Termignoni and CF

Former Mercs:
W164 GL class GL450 (sold) - R129 SL Class SL500 (passed on) - W163 M Class ML430 Designo (passed on) - W140 S Class 500SEL(sold) - W140 S Class S320(sold) - W140 S Class S500(sold) - W140 S Class 500SEL(sold) - W201 190E 2.3(sold)
bayhas is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Extremist
 
ADRIAN126sec's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 99CL600,98CL600 Swiss import,R230 SL666, EURO1985 280 CE & XR600R Desert killer
Location: Vancouver USA
Posts: 912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayhas View Post
There are many things you can do before wrapping components (not as effective, and prevents components from self cooling against air in the engine compartment, not good for sleeves, harness, plastic components... etc.

Look into integrating ice tank, AC cooling, intake wax spacers... etc.

These solutions decrease comfort and reliability, but extreme performance call for extreme solutions...

should be fine if the car is not a daily driver...
Yeah I think I'm gonna stay away from blocking the heat transfer from the block and even if I would do that it would be under the wire harness and all the sensors I don't I don't think there's point of the of doing that at all I will just wrap cooler itself and all the lines to it and I will call it good also I have splited cooling for the supercharger and I have five gal ICE tank in the trunk already so I purchased yesterday chill charger chemical liquid from DEI
ADRIAN126sec is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 12:36 PM
Moderator
 
bayhas's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: SL55, 300SE, GL450, Daytona 955i
Location: Lincoln / Boston - MA
Posts: 10,293
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Send a message via MSN to bayhas Send a message via Yahoo to bayhas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADRIAN126sec View Post
also I have splited cooling for the supercharger and I have five gal ICE tank in the trunk already so I purchased yesterday chill charger chemical liquid from DEI
and you're still heatsoaking??? Holy moly!!!

are you sure your problem is just cooling? and you're not running lean mixture due to high boost and not enough fuel delivery?

Garage:

Mercedes-Benz, W140 S Class S320 (AKA 300SE)

Mercedes-Benz, R230 SL Class SL55 (///AMG)

Mercedes-Benz, X166 GL CLass GL63 (///AMG)

Ducati 999 with Termignoni and CF

Former Mercs:
W164 GL class GL450 (sold) - R129 SL Class SL500 (passed on) - W163 M Class ML430 Designo (passed on) - W140 S Class 500SEL(sold) - W140 S Class S320(sold) - W140 S Class S500(sold) - W140 S Class 500SEL(sold) - W201 190E 2.3(sold)
bayhas is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Extremist
 
ADRIAN126sec's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 99CL600,98CL600 Swiss import,R230 SL666, EURO1985 280 CE & XR600R Desert killer
Location: Vancouver USA
Posts: 912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Might be buddy if it comes to mixture I know for sure I ran too rich!!! my tune was done long time ago btw I have 185 mm crank pulley and stock upper with 82 mm throttle body also cm 30 SC pump with Mezier pump as well and still gets hot also have way bigger intercooler check online SL666 car is famous online at least was before LOl
ADRIAN126sec is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Roadster Forums > R230 SL-Class

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome