post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2014, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jan 2014
Vehicle: 08 sl550
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
several problems SL550

I've had more problems with this o8 SL550 than all cars and trucks I have owned in the last 30 years put together.
Top will not go down
small window on driver side will not move, stuck in door open position
ETA- doors will not lock-fixed
Trunk will not open except with a key-fixed
cd changer- no magazine message while magazine is in the changer. Magazine will not eject.
before all of this started trunk would not lock, anyone could press button and it would open.
All of these problems existed before I installed a new trunk battery.
I have turned the wheel lock to lock to reset and tried to roll the windows up but the small one will not move.
Any ideas?

Last edited by constructor; 01-25-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 12:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2006
Vehicle: 00 SL500 SOLD, 05 SL600 Sport, 09 Silverado 4x4 LTZ,SOLD '15Silverado LTZ 6.2 8Speed John Deere 318
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Try putting all windows up all the way and after they get to the top of travel, Hold the window switchs in the UP position for about 10 extra, this should reset the window controller.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 09:57 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2009
Vehicle: 2002 S430 and 1992 500 SL
R230 SL550 CD will not eject

3 months ago I purchased a 2009 SL550 and it is a great car. I love it. It has only 38k miles on it and was well taken care of. Last week when the CD changer was changing to another disc, it would not complete the task. Disc #6 seems to be stuck. I cannot eject it, nor will it select another disc. I can choose the radio and it will play, however if I try to go back to the CD changer, it will continue to try to select the next disc and cannot complete it. I have looked at online utube videos that show how to remove the entire unit - which looks to be doable, but a lot of work... but even if I were to remove it, will I be able to figure out how to remove the stuck disc? I figure taking it to the Mercedes dealer would cost me a fortune to have this remedied. Has anyone had this problem with their CD changer? This one is the one that is totally within the dash, changer and all... and not the one where the CD changer is in the rear compartment?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 11:45 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2010
Vehicle: 2005 E320(RIP) 2004 SL500
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I don't know if this will help but it solved my problem in my Ford Truck when I had a similar situation. It was stuck on trying to change the disk and would not eject or move to another disk. Same boat, I did not want to pay the Stealer too much money to solve it. I purchased a cell phone mount that slides in the CD slot. By accident, I hit the eject button for the CD and it bumped the CD into the phone holder that was blocking the disk slot. It must have put it back into alignment because I was able to get the disk out and all the functions worked again.
I have no idea if that will help with your problem but it is worth a try. Good Luck.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 11:48 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2010
Vehicle: 2005 E320(RIP) 2004 SL500
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by constructor View Post
I've had more problems with this o8 SL550 than all cars and trucks I have owned in the last 30 years put together.
Top will not go down
small window on driver side will not move, stuck in door open position
ETA- doors will not lock-fixed
Trunk will not open except with a key-fixed
cd changer- no magazine message while magazine is in the changer. Magazine will not eject.
before all of this started trunk would not lock, anyone could press button and it would open.
All of these problems existed before I installed a new trunk battery.
I have turned the wheel lock to lock to reset and tried to roll the windows up but the small one will not move.
Any ideas?
You really need to get it hooked up to a STAR system to get all the codes that are causing this trouble. The door locks and the trunk could very well be connected (bad air system).
The roof problem might be because of the window being stuck in the wrong spot.

Pull the detailed codes, trying clearing and see what comes back. Then focus on fixing those items.

Good Luck
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 01:36 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2009
Vehicle: 2002 S430 and 1992 500 SL
Thanks Tony. It is worth a try. I thought about trying to put something into the slot and try to get something to happen. I will try it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Roadster Forums > R230 SL-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in