Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 1998 SLK 230
Location: Melbourne, AU
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
i dont think it does, it may increase wear but i wouldn't say massively...
i noticed a big difference going from no voltage booster, to booster and that was most likely to worn out ignition wires. now with fresh wires its considerable even more noticeable. very very responsive under boost
the NGK wires have a silicon outer which can withstand a lot more heat and they are the lowest resistance wires on the market.
also the NGK wires are wire-wound and the resistance of the wire shouldn't change much if at all over time. the traditional solid carbon core wires wear out and increase resistance over time.
- ASP pulley kit
- 87mm supercharger pulley
- Ported Eaton M62 supercharger
- Ported supercharger inlet manifold
- MAF screen & throttle body screen delete
- Automatic intercooler spray kit
- Single 2.5" Magnaflow Hi-flow cat
- Magnaflow rear muffler + Lukey Ultraflo resonator
- Shift-I progressive shift light
- Custom ECU tune
- Air box delete (custom) with BMC airfilter
- 10c degree STAR thermo fan mod
- FireStorm igntion coil booster
- 5 Bar fuel pressure regulator