Is there another name for the color Mushroom? Also a question on MB-Tex - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2019
Vehicle: 1995 and 1996 SL320 One Keeper One For Sale
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Is there another name for the color Mushroom? Also a question on MB-Tex

I have been looking at various vendors for seat covers. So far I have seen beiges by all kinds of names but none listed as being Mushroom.

Diamondmall said Mushroom is the euro name, implying there's a US version of the color named Mushroom. In our emails they thought "possible Parchment or Creme beige?". In the next email they suggested I look at their color chart, as if I can drag this monitor to the color to compare.

Another vendor asked for my ID and he came back with "color code 265A. That is Mushroom/Parchment color."

So do you know what other name Mushroom is called for an MB interior color ??? So far none of the vendors seem to be very sure of themselves.

Also, did they put MB-Tex in any SLs ??? I had it in my C280 and it wore like iron.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:28 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 1997 E-420 (150K miles), 1997 SL500, (90K miles) 2015 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD CC/SB/4x4 Duramax
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
AFAIK ALL US R129's had leather. However cloth and maybe MB-Tex were offered in some other countries.
ChipThome likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--------His------------Hers-------

97 SL500 Imperial Red
/Parchment Leather/Black Top

Chromed OEM wheels, Akebono's, H1+90 fog, Burlwood/Leather shift knob, Rostra Lumbar support, Check seat heaters, Bilstein's, Parrot Bluetooth, GG Bailey Custom cargo mat, GG Bailey trunk mat, Real Burlwood Instrument Cluster w Chrome rings, Burlwood & Chrome shift surround, Euro headlights with Osram 70W/65W H-4's, clear corners, Silverstar corner lamps, Euro Trunk mount Warning triangle, SL600 Burlwood armrest trim & Burlwood cupholder sliding cover, Kahtec flashing third brake light (CHMSL)

97 E420 Royal Indigo/Grey Leather

Raintracker wiper, Rostra Lumbar support, Parrott Bluetooth, 17" chrome AMG replica wheels, Bilstein's, Akebono's, smoked marker lights, Osram 65W H7's, H1+90 fog, Rear Seat Child restraint Tether, Burlwood/Leather shift knob, OEM Mudflaps, DRL's, Becker Aux input
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:32 PM
One of the BW Old Guard

Date registered: Aug 2004
Vehicle: 1997 SL500- 40th Anniversary
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I encountered the same when I bought my seat covers. Seems there are also different names for the same color code for different years.

I ordered "Bisque" from LSeats.com (leather), and they match very closely to the parchment interior on my '97 (I had a color swatch chart and had selected a different lighter color, but the individual at LSeat stated Bisque matched parchment better. Glad I listened). My color code is "parchment", 265A, which I have also seen called Campignon...

I thought long and hard about MBTex as an option, but bought the LSeat leather at the same price as MBTex from another vendor (actually a little less).

Yeah, color charts are a waste of time from what I have seen, and anything on a monitor is equally as inaccurate.

Good Luck
ChipThome likes this.

Best Regards...

RM Smith

Where is it again that we are going... And why are we in a handbasket?

Last edited by Ears; 05-30-2019 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Bisque, Not Beige...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ears View Post
I ordered "BEIGE" from LSeats.com (leather), and they match very closely to the parchment interior on my '97 (I had a color swatch chart and had selected a different lighter color, but the individual at LSeat stated Beige matched parchment better. Glad I listened). My color code is "parchment", 265A, which I have also seen called Campignon...

I thought long and hard about MBTex as an option, but bought the LSeat leather at the same price as MBTex from another vendor (actually a little less).
Did you call and speak to Lseat or converse via email? I have 265A too and you can understand the quandary this color comes with when it comes to picking a name. I was all in on Lseat until we got our samples which seemed way off, but neither was BEIGE. Then the more I have thought about it, the MB-Tex I had in my C280 wore like iron and looked great 10 years after I first bought it used. As it stands now this could be a forever car and not sure I want to do seats again.

Questions about your Lseats. How thick are the covers when compared to MB leather? Are they wearing well and how long have you had them?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 10:23 PM
One of the BW Old Guard

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipThome View Post
Did you call and speak to Lseat or converse via email? I have 265A too and you can understand the quandary this color comes with when it comes to picking a name. I was all in on Lseat until we got our samples which seemed way off, but neither was BEIGE. Then the more I have thought about it, the MB-Tex I had in my C280 wore like iron and looked great 10 years after I first bought it used. As it stands now this could be a forever car and not sure I want to do seats again.

Questions about your Lseats. How thick are the covers when compared to MB leather? Are they wearing well and how long have you had them?
All contact was via email. Thickness is comparable to the exquisite i had in my 40th anniversary, but the LSeat covers are backed by a thin foam. Feels way more plush than my original, but they were spent.
Haven't had them in use long enough to comment on wear. Tough as nails as I stretched the hound out of them installing them (fit is 9 out of 10). much better product than I was expecting for the low price. Pics are in the thread where seat covers were discussed recently...
https://www.benzworld.org/forums/r12...l#post17749898

Best Regards...

RM Smith

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 10:41 PM
One of the BW Old Guard

Lifetime Premium Member
CORRECTION... I ordered BISQUE, not beige.
sorry...

Best Regards...

RM Smith

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ears View Post
CORRECTION... I ordered BISQUE, not beige.
sorry...
The samples we ordered were the next two down from BISQUE and those were way too light. What kind of lead time was there from order to at your door?

Also did you pick perforated or flat?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:34 AM
One of the BW Old Guard

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipThome View Post
The samples we ordered were the next two down from BISQUE and those were way too light. What kind of lead time was there from order to at your door?

Also did you pick perforated or flat?
Long Story... I looked at Ecru White, and Ivory, and settled on Ivory, in spite of their recommendations for Bisque. I had borrowed a sample card from a fellow member here, as the samples I requested never arrived. I mentioned that fact when I ordered the Ivory smooth. For some reason, the seller thought I needed a sample card to confirm color and did not ship, awaiting me to confirm. After a month, I checked in and they were waiting for me to confirm color. I confirmed Ivory smooth, but they did not have Ivory in stock, so lead time was 2-4 weeks before shipment. They had Bisque, and shipped the next day. receipt was approximately a week, but perforated arrived!! I considered sending back for smooth, and even cancelling the whole affair, but I wanted the project done, and I liked the perforated once installed.

$40 upgrade at no charge, and a week to receive in the final analysis, and another two weeks to receive the correctly made headrest covers.

If you read the post I referred to, you can see I mentioned communication is not the best with them, in spite of written communication (email; I kept every message between us). considering the choices were $350 for MBTex, and $750-1000 for leather from other vendors, I was concerned what quality would arrive. I was, and have been satisfied with their product, and saved money for other improvements (E-Code headlights, for example). Time will tell.

The deciding factor for me to use LSeat came from the results of a fellow FaceBook group member. We chatted frequently through his project, which also had a couple of twists and turns, so it was an informed, but not a slam-dunk decision. He did a better job of install than I did, and his looked Great (designo, black with red I believe).

like anything, Caveat Emptor...
ChipThome likes this.

Best Regards...

RM Smith

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 07:55 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Sep 2010
Vehicle: 2002 Black SL500, 2000 Azure blue SL500, 2005 Silver (A209) CLK500
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I just went through this issue with both MBUSA customer service rep and the dealer. MBUSA only has the codes. I was told, ask the dealer for the actual color name!
I have interior code 265 and different names are used. Mushroom, Parchment, Tan, etc...
Go figure.
ChipThome likes this.

We are here on earth to do good unto others.
What the others are here for, I have no idea.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 12:08 PM
One of the BW Old Guard

Lifetime Premium Member
Here is a 40th anniversary monroney sticker...

vin decode states: LEATHER - BEIGE (265A)
with: 200A LEATHER

Attached Images

Best Regards...

RM Smith

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Roadster Forums > R129 SL-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in