Brittle breather hose etc replacement - Mercedes-Benz Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Sep 2013
Vehicle: 1992 500SL, 1993 300SE, 1997 S320L, 2000 C230K, 2003 E500, 2005 Smart ForFour, 2008 Smart ForTwo
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Brittle breather hose etc replacement

Iím replacing all my breather hoses as they are all brittle and cracked. I followed the parts list posted on here for the multiple hoses to replace.

Now it didnít mention replacing the fuel injector nozzle to the idle air hose.

Now the idle hose is harden it wonít slip off the fuel injector nozzle. Any one have any tips?

Brittle breather hose etc replacement-img_1229.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BenzWillMakeHerDance is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 05:06 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
bartsitarski's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2014
Vehicle: 1998 SL500 Sport
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzWillMakeHerDance View Post
Iím replacing all my breather hoses as they are all brittle and cracked. I followed the parts list posted on here for the multiple hoses to replace.

Now it didnít mention replacing the fuel injector nozzle to the idle air hose.

Now the idle hose is harden it wonít slip off the fuel injector nozzle. Any one have any tips?

Attachment 2513576


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


What hoses did you replace and do you have a link or a list of part numbers? I have to do the valve covers on my 98 M119 so they will need to be done too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bartsitarski is online now  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Sep 2013
Vehicle: 1992 500SL, 1993 300SE, 1997 S320L, 2000 C230K, 2003 E500, 2005 Smart ForFour, 2008 Smart ForTwo
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Brittle breather hose etc replacement

As below
BenzWillMakeHerDance is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Sep 2013
Vehicle: 1992 500SL, 1993 300SE, 1997 S320L, 2000 C230K, 2003 E500, 2005 Smart ForFour, 2008 Smart ForTwo
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsitarski View Post
What hoses did you replace and do you have a link or a list of part numbers? I have to do the valve covers on my 98 M119 so they will need to be done too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I will post a proper list once Iím done as the one I found on here seemed to be a basic list which if I had other parts I can now see how much easier it will be rather than hacking away at hoses that wonít pull off a lip


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BenzWillMakeHerDance is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 06:27 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
bartsitarski's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2014
Vehicle: 1998 SL500 Sport
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzWillMakeHerDance View Post
I will post a proper list once Iím done as the one I found on here seemed to be a basic list which if I had other parts I can now see how much easier it will be rather than hacking away at hoses that wonít pull off a lip


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


That is fair enough! Based on the state of the rubber bits on mine, I envision all of them will need to be done. Slowly but surely mine is getting a full refresh. Aside from the two things I mentioned, I need cam magnet seals redone, want to get the cats replaced because one is aftermarket and the other is rattling, and need to figure out where my rear clunk is coming from. Hoping itís a matter of reseating the subframe or exhaust hitting the subframe. With a three and four year old and a full + time job, hard to find the time to work on the car.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bartsitarski is online now  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 06:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
260e crusier's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2010
Vehicle: 1999 E320, 2005 C230K SS, 2010 Accord LX w Eibach & Koni FSD's
Location: Fremont, California
Posts: 2,162
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzWillMakeHerDance View Post
Iím replacing all my breather hoses as they are all brittle and cracked. I followed the parts list posted on here for the multiple hoses to replace.

Now it didnít mention replacing the fuel injector nozzle to the idle air hose.

Now the idle hose is harden it wonít slip off the fuel injector nozzle. Any one have any tips?

Attachment 2513576


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These make life easier:
https://www.harborfreight.com/3-piec...ers-37909.html

You can also slit the hose with a box cutter and then peel it off. Be VERY careful not to score the fitting inside the hose.
260e crusier is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Sep 2013
Vehicle: 1992 500SL, 1993 300SE, 1997 S320L, 2000 C230K, 2003 E500, 2005 Smart ForFour, 2008 Smart ForTwo
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 260e crusier View Post
These make life easier:
https://www.harborfreight.com/3-piec...ers-37909.html

You can also slit the hose with a box cutter and then peel it off. Be VERY careful not to score the fitting inside the hose.
Yeah im not too sure if they would work to be honest, the hose was so hard and brittle I had to pick it apart with needle nose pliers, wasnt too bad but very time consuming and hard on the back.
BenzWillMakeHerDance is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Sep 2013
Vehicle: 1992 500SL, 1993 300SE, 1997 S320L, 2000 C230K, 2003 E500, 2005 Smart ForFour, 2008 Smart ForTwo
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsitarski View Post
That is fair enough! Based on the state of the rubber bits on mine, I envision all of them will need to be done. Slowly but surely mine is getting a full refresh. Aside from the two things I mentioned, I need cam magnet seals redone, want to get the cats replaced because one is aftermarket and the other is rattling, and need to figure out where my rear clunk is coming from. Hoping itís a matter of reseating the subframe or exhaust hitting the subframe. With a three and four year old and a full + time job, hard to find the time to work on the car.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My car is a 1992 500sl

117-990-17-78 x 2No Air Hose "T" Connector
119-094-10-82 x 4No Air Distribution Hose (Left or Right)
119-094-11-82 x 4No Idle Air Hose - To Lower Part of Intake Manifold
119-094-12-82 x 1No Idle Air Hose - Idle Air Distributor To Intake Manifold,
119-094-13-82 x 1No Idle Air Hose - Idle Air Distributor To Intake Manifold (Right)
119-094-24-82 x 1No Breather Hose - Valve Cover To Air Filter,
119-990-00-78 x 4No Air Hose Connector for Intake Manifold (Connector Elbow)

Parts not replaced due to list on benzworld not noting them but also rubber and brittle
119 094 20 82 x 1No (part maybe superseded)
119 094 19 82 x 1No (part maybe superseded)
119-094-18-82 x 1No Idle Air Hose - Idle Speed Actuator To Idle Air Distributor
119-094-51-82 x 1No Air Hose - Air Duct to Air Slide Valve

Optional things to replace but involves other parts to be removed e.g injectors
116-070-00-77 x 8No Fuel Injector Seal
119-070-00-55 x 8No Nozzle Holder - Fuel Injector Nozzle
BenzWillMakeHerDance is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 05:36 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
bartsitarski's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2014
Vehicle: 1998 SL500 Sport
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzWillMakeHerDance View Post
My car is a 1992 500sl



117-990-17-78 x 2No Air Hose "T" Connector

119-094-10-82 x 4No Air Distribution Hose (Left or Right)

119-094-11-82 x 4No Idle Air Hose - To Lower Part of Intake Manifold

119-094-12-82 x 1No Idle Air Hose - Idle Air Distributor To Intake Manifold,

119-094-13-82 x 1No Idle Air Hose - Idle Air Distributor To Intake Manifold (Right)

119-094-24-82 x 1No Breather Hose - Valve Cover To Air Filter,

119-990-00-78 x 4No Air Hose Connector for Intake Manifold (Connector Elbow)



Parts not replaced due to list on benzworld not noting them but also rubber and brittle

119 094 20 82 x 1No (part maybe superseded)

119 094 19 82 x 1No (part maybe superseded)

119-094-18-82 x 1No Idle Air Hose - Idle Speed Actuator To Idle Air Distributor

119-094-51-82 x 1No Air Hose - Air Duct to Air Slide Valve



Optional things to replace but involves other parts to be removed e.g injectors

116-070-00-77 x 8No Fuel Injector Seal

119-070-00-55 x 8No Nozzle Holder - Fuel Injector Nozzle


Awesome. Thank you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bartsitarski is online now  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Sep 2013
Vehicle: 1992 500SL, 1993 300SE, 1997 S320L, 2000 C230K, 2003 E500, 2005 Smart ForFour, 2008 Smart ForTwo
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsitarski View Post
Awesome. Thank you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Also I must say I thought I had a misfire or something like that but the car idles very good now as in it feels like the engine isnít even running!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BenzWillMakeHerDance is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Roadster Forums > R129 SL-Class

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
Valve cover gasket and breather cover sealant DIY atmsmshr W220 S-Class 76 08-16-2018 12:08 PM
Under Hood Fuel Hose Replacement reno4u2 R/C107 SL/SLC Class 2 03-19-2016 07:51 AM
SLS high pressure hose Real1shepherd W124 E,CE,D,TD Class 62 06-15-2014 10:42 AM
Breather hose related items -- did you also replace these fittings? Rollingstone W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 16 03-27-2008 08:45 PM
valve cover breather hose to top of air filter verisoph W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 5 02-15-2008 06:59 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome