Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1994 SL320 wiring harness

8K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Eddieba 
#1 ·
Looking for the best place to buy a starter/alternater wiring harness. thanks in advance. Tim

#3 · (Edited)
Always use your VIN when ordering p/n's online.

p/n 1405406932 , engine harness $493.28 w/ S&H
p/n 1295409906 , electrical cable $733.40 w/ S&H
p/n 1295401830 , battery cable $105.50 w/ S&H
p/n 1295402130 , positive cable $58.58 w/ S&H

for OE check pricing at Parts.com then go to eBay>Search "r129 wiring harness sl320" to see if you can get what you want.

#4 ·
I rewire those with military grade cables for $175 plus shipping. Just recently fixed oil pressure sender harness on, new to me, 91 500sl. Oil pressure sender is part of started harness. Usually, main thick power wires are OK but little wires to oil pressure sender, oil level sender, starter, and alternator insulation falls apart and short with each other. I had that harness fail on one of my cars and my alternator diodes failed in tunnel between NY and NJ. I made it out the tunnel on battery but it's no fun. Another S500 I had wiring failed and burned cluster.
You need to address it ASAP with either new harness or rewire it.

#10 ·
Update - I finally figured out the part number and its 129 540 49 06 -

However it's been discontinued by MB and I can't source them from my local dealers. I've googled and I see autopartmaster.com and lincospares.com have it in stock. Have anyone bought from these sites or have any recommendations to buy this? Many thanks!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.