Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Sunglass Holder?

16K views 42 replies 16 participants last post by  powergreen 
#1 ·
My understanding is that the attached pictures show a sunglass holder that attaches somewhere in the vehicle. My question is, where is this normally attached? And, does anyone have pictures of where their holder is attached?

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
When I bought my 99 sl500 sport several years ago (30k mileage, perfect showroom condition), All the interior wood trim was already installed. I have not seen another sl with all the wood trim interior. The sliding glove box top is also wood and the razor cut roll-up center compartment door, as well as the triangular door panels just opposite the side view mirrors along with door compartment lids and steering wheel. I do not know if these were a MBZ option, but it all looks very clean and original.

#10 ·
#16 ·
RKH - Absolutely not. Its outside dimensions are 7 1/8" wide, 1 3/8" deep and 1 1/2" tall. I tried two different pair (Maui Jim and Ray Ban) and neither fit.

All of these questions and comments are exactly why I was asking the question. This thing just does not make any sense.

#26 ·
We in LA have available all the good stuff.
One of the places is called.

The Pleasure chest.
Google it.

In there you will find....
Whatever your hart may desire. ;)

Big sabers, small sabers, and anything in between.

Even a female Vader with aaaall the equipment. Lol.

Regards,
aam.

#31 · (Edited)
Yes, it is a hands off phone (quite fancy and advanced for its time).

It is actually consist of 3 parts : the push button hand free unit at the dash, the removable hand set plugged-in and stored inside the armrest compartment and a large box in the trunk that is connected to the antenna.

#32 · (Edited)
As storage space is at a premium in the SL, I removed the keypad and the equipment in the armrest.

There's another chunk of this thing in the back by the antenna?

Cec96,

There is no computer. It's just a phone type keypad with buttons like "send" and such.

What am I saying, yes, it controls the NYSE computers and the launch codes for America's nuclear deterrent. Be the master of your domain, by buying my "computer". $100 plus shipping and it's yours (disclaimer: doesn't control the NYSE computers or launch ICBMs).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.