Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Front bumper covers?

22K views 85 replies 24 participants last post by  AroundTheBenz 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me where to find a front bumper cover for my car (2002 silver arrow). I need to replace mine and didnt realize the dealers were so expensive. Even a good quality aftermarket one like this one would be nice:

Any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
If it had those crystal clear blinkers that are being sold on Ebay, then that set up would realy good.

Thanks for the link by the way, I'm gonna call them tomorrow morning

#5 ·
Thats a real nice kit. Knowing me, I'll crack that thing in half just getting on my driveway.

Due to a few bad experiences with low ground effects in the past I'm gonna play it safe this time and go with the first kit. It kinda reminds me of Brabus for some reason.

Thanks guys for your responces and leads.

#8 ·
Tech-Tune said:
If it had those crystal clear blinkers that are being sold on Ebay, then that set up would realy good.

Thanks for the link by the way, I'm gonna call them tomorrow morning
Those crystal clear blinkers on eBay that you mention are total junk. I bought them, the bulb holder will not lock in place, I chipped one corner (since repaired) The rear edge does not seal against the fender. CRAP CRAP Anyone wants them $15.00 including shipping.

#11 ·
WOW, I love that front bumper. I agree with wayneg, the grill doesnt look right but thats a pretty good job as far as the exhaust goes.

Too bad its only a 6 cylinder.

#12 ·
That car looks fine overall even if I can't understand what they tried to do with the soft top cover. But the most weird thing is the console..........it looks like they raped it putting that huge screen. It's just ....... so wrong.
How many mods can we spot without reading the description ? Far too many for a classy car like our R129 is !

Cheers.

#13 · (Edited)
Bumper cover

Hey everybody.

I really want this bumper cover on my car. Can anyone tell me where or who I can talk to about getting one.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Attachments

#14 · (Edited)
PM 'ErikFinn'

Hey everybody.

I really want this bumper cover on my car. Can anyone tell me where or who I can talk to about getting one.

Any help would be appreciated. :)
Please read a new body kit and PM 'ErikFinn' to see if he can help.

I think I like this 2002 CL55 AMG front end better.

#17 ·
You guys might be right.

I've been staring at both bumpers for a while now and see what you mean about the bulky sides. But theres something about the SL65 looking side gills that makes me love that bumper.

Look at the picture again, only this time raise the car up about an inch, replace the rocker panels with AMG ones, and imagine it in silver.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I want you guys to see it for how it will look on my car rather than that sloppy old thing.

If you guys still think I'm off, please let me know. I asked for your opinions so dont worry about hurting my feelings. :)

#18 ·
TT, I see where you are aiming at but this bumper looks to cheap and cheerful for your particular car. I think the Mert93 option with the 4 blade grill is the classiest option giving an original but stock looking facelift. Like The Intelligentone commented I think its the sides and the fog lamp area that look to square and not fitting with the original lines. The beauty in you car is the stealth approach you have maintained along with the raft of power upgrades, you cant quite point to a single thing that makes it look mean and moody from the outside however it stands out from the crowd even whilst standing still. Could someone produce a paintshop mockup to give us an idea what it would look like in silver, maybe its just the colour that`s making it look to bold

Attachments

#19 ·
msbarsi, thank you for your explaination. It makes perfect sence and I think your right.

This is the reason I ask you guys for your opinions. Otherwise, my car would have ended up on "Pimp my Ride" a long time ago.

Thanks for the wake up call guys.

#20 ·
my car would have ended up on "Pimp my Ride" a long time ago.
HAHAHAh I hear u! Sometimes u just get some things in your head and NO ONE can talk you out of them! Case and point!! My Bling SL500, I still love them though ;) BTW I like the top bumper of the 3 above posted by wayneg. I like the angle of attack. The red one u have posted is way to bottom heavy. Not a big fan of the side vents either.. Just my .02

Attachments

#23 · (Edited)
OK, is it my imagination again or is that bumper cover looking better.

From the side (white car), it looks like the bumper will match up with the lines of my stock AMG skirts.
Also, look at the white car car from head on and tell me if I'm wrong.

Attachments

#24 ·
Ah, but the white car has a completely different treatment to the red car. It looks like that one has matching bumpers and side-skirts, although, if you'll notice, those side-skirts sort of interrupt the lines of the front wheel arch. I think it'd be best if there was a complete body kit, with bumpers, side skirts, and rocker mouldings.

The white car does look much better than the red one.

The rims and lowered suspension don't look too swift on either, though, IMHO.

#25 ·
I think a body kit that emphasizes the R129's straight, clean lines and "solid" appearance would be the best option. I don't know that such a thing exists. Trying to make the car look like it's part of the current MB lineup is ridiculous anyway. You can certainly make the car look fresh and up-to-date (not that it already doesn't) without trying to mimic the styling cues of today's MBs.

Things certainly can be adapted, but the result needs to be harmonious and not seem to be just tacked-on.

#27 ·
I think a body kit that emphasizes the R129's straight, clean lines and "solid" appearance would be the best option. I don't know that such a thing exists.
it does exist.... its called AMG :)

#26 ·
I agree with you about the suspension.
I've seen identical looking cars with different suspension heights, and there are times that I loved one and hate the other due to height alone (changes the whole look)
Especially in this case. Its a lower sitting bumper, and by lowering the car even more, its making the front look like its dragging its chin.

If I were the seller, I would take some pictures with a few changes:
-raise the cars up about an inch or so (those things are practically slammed!)
-install nicer looking side panels (maybe even AMG skirts for comparison)
-post some unpainted pictures to show the quality of the product

in the mean time, the hunt continues

#30 ·
haha

i'm a purist, the type of person who prefers subtle modifications over extreme ones. although extreme modifications can be good, they need to be carefully and repeatedly tested THEN proven to make sure they look good.

i have one wide-body car (not a benz) that I've been building for near 10 years, and i've gone back and fourth on various changes, as often times some changes are permanent and irreversible. the more things are tampered with, removed/replaced, the more often things get damaged, clips break, and things just dont fit as snug as they once did.

so use caution, whatever you do, to make sure you make a wise choice and one that compliments your view of car building. afterall, many modifications look good in 2008 but will be absolutely dated in 2012. it really comes down to how long you plan on keeping the car and what you are expecting from it.

as a note, i eventually went (actually am going through) with my wide body conversion, and its a big jump. when done, i know that not everyone will like it, but the great attention to detail and use of high quality materials will be able to withstand years of use as not to look dated 5 years from now.

some looks are timeless, those are usually the super clean appearances with high attention to detail. if you use high quality materials (for instance, metal fenders instead of fiberglass, or urethane bumpers instead of fiberglas), you'll end up with something that will fit & last much much longer....

btw, i didnt like any of the bumpers ive seen so far.. especially the one with the dual foglights. i think the stock appearance is clean.

#31 ·
Your right, especially about the quality part.
I'd hate to have to deal with fiberglass spider cracks in a few years (or maybe even months)

If it were made of urethane like my stock bumper, it would already be on my car. :)

#33 ·
I'm a purist also

"Compare a stock M-B and Contrast with aftermarket"

Lynn's car looks like classic Benz . 1st class
The other one looks to "disco" the color is kinda weird and the spoiler is way to much.

It seems this "disco" look is popular in Asia and parts of the Middle East

Now its coming to America

#34 · (Edited)
Feeler for a Group Buy

I spoke to the owner of freshstyling in Germany this morning and priced this bumper assembly (pictured below).
They have 2 versions of this bumper (skinny and wide body). The one below is their skinny one which I think suits the cars lines way better than their wide body version.

Heres their break down for 1 finished bumper:
799 bumper
500 Original grills and fog lights
175 color code painted
600 three day air shipping
2075 Euro for one bumper

I know, its so not even worth it.... thats exactly what I was thinking.

But heres the thing:
He told me if I got some more people interested he would make us a better deal.
-The shipping would remain the same. Unless we decided to go with cargo shipping (4-6 weeks cost 300)
-I'm assuming the paint cost would go down
-The bumper itself would have to be discounted (depends on how many are interested)
-The grills and fogs are stock Mercedes, so I will try and find out if it is more worth it to purchase them here rather than through him.

I think this bumper would look absolutely beautiful on our cars. Especially the guys who just bought and installed the new 3 slat grill.

IMO, if we could get a finished bumper on the car for about 1200 USD, I think it would be worth it. Later, you could part out your stock bumper and recoup more than half your money

If anyone is interested, please either PM me or post here.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.