Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Price Jump in Vintage SL's?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Martinp 
#1 ·
While at my MB mechanic to get the shift bushings replaced, he mention that is a recent jump in price for late model SL's (1985 and up). Has anyone noticed this? He referenced a vintage automobile insurance site that he relies on to help price vintage automobiles.

Have you noticed a jump in the value of SL's? Thoughts? Comments?

#6 ·
I have noticed this both on bring a trailer and last week at Monterey Car Week auctions, I believe Hemings had also mentioned a up tick as well, however depends on which auto enthusiast you talk to, Hagerty posted that the SL’s were slowing following a increase and would be slower to resurge again, not from what I had seen, lower mileage sl’s are going for top dollar over the original selling price when new. A 198 mile 560SL sold at Mecum for over 120K, a 1987 560SL with 60K plus lies sold for 40,700.i think these numbers are encouraging. I have to 560Sl’s both under 35K miles what I hear from some collectors is that these are still realitivly easy to source parts vs other models like 190’s, the high cost of restoration, which makes these even that much ore desirable to an entry level collector like myself. Just my two penny’s for what it’s worth, I a sure there will be others that disagree.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.