Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

560Sl For Sale Like New 800 Miles 68K

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Mike p 
#1 ·
Hey want to trade that 107 of yours for a new one?
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-mercedes-benz-560sl-96/

This is a 88 560SL with 800 miles on it!!!

Auction ends today. I started watching Bring A Trailer to value my car and might sell on this site. Any comments about selling or buying on the BAT site?

#5 ·
Yes the car was posted with the Found this 107 on Craigslist etc thread

Now I wondered what the investment paid out for the price in 1988 vs the 134K now.
As discussed would you drive this car? It won't matter since I am short the 134K this buyer had.

#8 ·
It would make a story to write up on why someone did this from the beginning. Growing up the Corvet was the car to save for a retirement investment. Was this just a car of choice for the first buyer? He didn't prep and store for that looking at the dirty car photos with mildew inside.
Bought if for a girlfriend and broke up? oh well OT ..... A 1988 Corvet might not bring 134K will it?

I have seen many below 50K miles but not 800. Is another one out there? I like my 107 but would have picked something else. In 1988 they didn't have many rare cars did they? Cabrio or something less common? A 6.3 maybe? This car sitting for years was either to make money or more money than sense right?

#15 ·
And one cigarete butt in the ashtray could screw up the whole deal. I don't smoke but maybe I would drive the hell out of it.
I plan on bouncing my last check.

I have not been here that long it looks like almost everything has been seen here. That group of modified 107s is great.
I saved this over engineered kayak as the best example of did you really want something else? It's green and does have a solar panel on back. A fly line basket in a kayak? Oh yeah

btw it's real and for sale in Lutz, FL. the list is endless!

Attachments

#16 ·
Gents:

I have a 1986 560SL with 262 miles......bought new for $45K March 1986. Cars are not investments------maybe poor investments at best.
Put your money in a Total Stock market index fund,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I ran the numbers on 300SL Gulkwings and Roadsters. Index funds win again!!!

Cars are for enjoyment--------whether it's driving or waxing them.

Best regards
Mike P

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.