Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

OT: OK wives, when we get dirty working on our cars ...

840 views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  jsebastian 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Even worse than the ripped jeans phenomena.

I was thinking about a similar scam for the avocado toast crowd: selling vegan eggs from cage free hens. Technically they're vegan because an unfertilised hen will always plop out an egg. You just have to be nearby to pick them up before they go bad.

I'm thinking I could sell them at some farmers market for $30 or $40 a dozen. What do you guys think?

#7 ·
Really? That's a thing?

That's for all those bubble wrapped kids that grew up never getting dirty doing ANYTHING.

Go spend that same money on a $425 car and I'll bet ALL your clothes will look like that in short order.

I know mine were from the age of 14 to about 36 when I finally bought a 4 year old car....after a long trail of $500 beaters.

That was like new, to me. :)

#9 ·
When I was of school age, the last person on earth I would notify if a teacher found the need to become firm with me was my father. I would have gotten my rear end tanned for having done something that provoked the teacher to react. Today, the teacher, the school, the county, the state and anybody else they could find would be sued, damages awarded, new guidelines instituted and a litany of sensitivity training courses made mandatory... all because a snot nosed kid decided to wise off to a teacher. We bring it on ourselves when we remain silent in the face of such nonsense.

Ahh, the good old days, before the dawn of what I call "displaced responsibility".

#10 ·
I can't believe it, I just changed out of those pants after days spent rolling around under the Benz, and having just worn them again while doing yard work in drizzle. My wife might even stop telling me to stop working on things in my new dungarees, I mean "jeans" so I don't get them full of grease, and dirt.

#15 ·
Are you suggesting that man can do things that are supernatural? Haha j/k :devil

However, when it comes to survival of the fittest you may have a point. Man does lean toward tending to the infirmed and as long as the safety net doesn't become a hammock, such action is not only natural to man but also commendable. The problem arises when personal giving and caring for our fellow man become institutions of government... that's when the result is generation after generation of snowflakes.

We interrupt this program to bring you this special announcement...

When I was of school age, the last person on earth I would notify if a teacher found the need to become firm with me was my father. I would have gotten my rear end tanned for having done something that provoked the teacher to react. Today, the teacher, the school, the county, the state and anybody else they could find would be sued, damages awarded, new guidelines instituted and a litany of sensitivity training courses made mandatory... all because a snot nosed kid decided to wise off to a teacher. We bring it on ourselves when we remain silent in the face of such nonsense.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled program.
I am a teacher and wholeheartedly agree. Thank you jyuma!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.