Mercedes-Benz Forum

Mercedes-Benz Forum (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/)
-   R/C107 SL/SLC Class (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c107-sl-slc-class/)
-   -   OT: OK wives, when we get dirty working on our cars ... (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c107-sl-slc-class/3023590-ot-ok-wives-when-we-get.html)

cwmoser 04-17-2019 02:35 PM

OT: OK wives, when we get dirty working on our cars ...

1 Attachment(s)
OK wives, when we get dirty working on our cars ... we are just being fashionable ...

https://www.wideopencountry.com/nord...lFt6dZ4ap6fwqE

Jyuma 04-17-2019 02:41 PM

Human beings are the most intelligent animals on the planet and the dumbest animals on the planet. I'll leave it up to others to determine the percentages but my guess would be it's about 50/50 :devil

roncallo 04-17-2019 03:08 PM

Rat Rod Jeans

okyoureabeast 04-17-2019 04:26 PM

Even worse than the ripped jeans phenomena.

I was thinking about a similar scam for the avocado toast crowd: selling vegan eggs from cage free hens. Technically they're vegan because an unfertilised hen will always plop out an egg. You just have to be nearby to pick them up before they go bad.

I'm thinking I could sell them at some farmers market for $30 or $40 a dozen. What do you guys think?

abiby 04-17-2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyuma (Post 17759474)
Human beings are the most intelligent animals on the planet and the dumbest animals on the planet. I'll leave it up to others to determine the percentages but my guess would be it's about 50/50 :devil

You, sir, are IMO overly optimistic! :grin

roncallo 04-17-2019 05:37 PM

Maybe I can put mine up on E-bay for $225.00

nobby 04-18-2019 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwmoser (Post 17759470)
OK wives, when we get dirty working on our cars ... we are just being fashionable ...

https://www.wideopencountry.com/nord...lFt6dZ4ap6fwqE

Really? That's a thing?

That's for all those bubble wrapped kids that grew up never getting dirty doing ANYTHING.

Go spend that same money on a $425 car and I'll bet ALL your clothes will look like that in short order.

I know mine were from the age of 14 to about 36 when I finally bought a 4 year old car....after a long trail of $500 beaters.

That was like new, to me. :)

Walt Williams 04-18-2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyuma (Post 17759474)

This is only because man kind has thwarted natural selection when it comes to the human species.

Jyuma 04-18-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walt Williams (Post 17760310)
This is only because man kind has thwarted natural selection when it comes to the human species.

Are you suggesting that man can do things that are supernatural? Haha j/k :devil

However, when it comes to survival of the fittest you may have a point. Man does lean toward tending to the infirmed and as long as the safety net doesn't become a hammock, such action is not only natural to man but also commendable. The problem arises when personal giving and caring for our fellow man become institutions of government... that's when the result is generation after generation of snowflakes.

We interrupt this program to bring you this special announcement...

When I was of school age, the last person on earth I would notify if a teacher found the need to become firm with me was my father. I would have gotten my rear end tanned for having done something that provoked the teacher to react. Today, the teacher, the school, the county, the state and anybody else they could find would be sued, damages awarded, new guidelines instituted and a litany of sensitivity training courses made mandatory... all because a snot nosed kid decided to wise off to a teacher. We bring it on ourselves when we remain silent in the face of such nonsense.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled program.

benztag 04-18-2019 10:35 AM

[QUOTE=Jyuma;17760374]

When I was of school age, the last person on earth I would notify if a teacher found the need to become firm with me was my father. I would have gotten my rear end tanned for having done something that provoked the teacher to react. Today, the teacher, the school, the county, the state and anybody else they could find would be sued, damages awarded, new guidelines instituted and a litany of sensitivity training courses made mandatory... all because a snot nosed kid decided to wise off to a teacher. We bring it on ourselves when we remain silent in the face of such nonsense.

Ahh, the good old days, before the dawn of what I call "displaced responsibility".