ot1
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 2006 E320 CDI
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roncallo View Post
OK I'm tired of listening to you guys whining about how hard it is to bleed the breaks. Video will be coming soon.
Um yea, the BRAKES, can be a challenge for those who don‘t have experience. And if you are going to produce a video, for prosperity, doublecheck the spelling.

Last edited by ot1; 10-27-2018 at 12:37 PM.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 12:41 PM
ot1
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyuma View Post
Sorry if my wording was unclear. My son held the last pump to the floor (or as far as it wold go) until I told him to let up.
And maybe you know now, but the Reservoir is not pressurized therefore you cannot blow it up no matter how hard you pump those brakes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Date registered: May 2017
Vehicle: 1983 380 SL
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 706 Post(s)
Premium Member
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ot1 View Post
And maybe you know now, but the Reservoir is not pressurized therefore you cannot blow it up no matter how hard you pump those brakes.
Huh? I never said that pumping the brakes could blow up the reservoir.

Nobody gets out of this life alive.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 01:29 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2016
Vehicle: 1989 R107 560SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Morning all, i don't like the idea of jumping on other peoples posts and confusing issues so my apologies. After reading up on the fab forum lifesaver i came across a comment from "Okyou'reabeast" (not the 1st time) that may well have sorted my issue. He said "make sure you don't drain the back box in the reservoir" well i must admit i think i did. Oh the shame. He also said how you should fill the reservoir "right to the tippy top" ( love that phrase) he was right, reservoir shows full but on top up, bubbles appear and level doesn't change until it fills back box. After this several pumps in i got a little resistance. Hoorah, it was late last night so never continued but shamefully confident my "back box" was empty. I have to say i wonder at the sense of a clearish reservoir being provided so you can see the level of fluid inside then having a secret "back bit" that you can't see that can empty, ok i know nothing but makes no sense to me, sneaky Germans. Thanks all have a great day, oh and thoughts go out to those poor guys in North Carolina, Roncallo, Nobby and co. having to sit about and drink all that beer while us guys are out there in the muck and the bullets …….well brake fluid and grease at least.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 07:23 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Quote:
Um yea, the BRAKES, can be a challenge for those who don‘t have experience. And if you are going to produce a video, for prosperity, doublecheck the spelling.
Yes some people spell really good and have really good grammar. Some people fix cars really good and have poor spelling and grammar.

But when your trying to fix your car, who's post do you want to read?

I promise I will spell check my video.
nobby and Rorywquin like this.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 10:04 AM
ot1
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roncallo View Post
Yes some people spell really good and have really good grammar. Some people fix cars really good and have poor spelling and grammar.

But when your trying to fix your car, who's post do you want to read?

I promise I will spell check my video.
You know I only say this because lots of videos the tech doesn’t say a word and you have to read the text. And those homonyms are a bitch when you are not paying attention. And l admit I make plenty of spelling mistakes my self. Sorry

Last edited by ot1; 10-28-2018 at 10:16 AM.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 10:09 AM
ot1
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Huh? I never said that pumping the brakes could blow up the reservoir.
Post #9

I doubt that I could have applied pressure sufficient to break the blockage while not exceeding the pressure limits of the fluid reservoir but I agree if your lines are clear, pressure from above would be the preferred method.

You said “while not exceeding the pressure limits of the fluid reservoir” which by my interpretation means you though it was pressurized.

Last edited by ot1; 10-28-2018 at 10:13 AM.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Date registered: May 2017
Vehicle: 1983 380 SL
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 706 Post(s)
Premium Member
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Post #9

I doubt that I could have applied pressure sufficient to break the blockage while not exceeding the pressure limits of the fluid reservoir but I agree if your lines are clear, pressure from above would be the preferred method.

You said “while not exceeding the pressure limits of the fluid reservoir” which by my interpretation means you though it was pressurized.
You miss-read the context of my statement... I was replying to @nobby saying that he preferred the pressure from above method. He included a picture of an air adapter affixed to a modified fluid reservoir cap.
Reread the entire #9 post and you will see the correct context.

Originally Posted by nobby View Post
I dislike the pedal method as the master travels into places it doesn't normally travel.

If it's a NEW master....then different story.

I rather use pressure from above....and I can do it all without an assistant....including the slave for my clutch.

https://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c...elf-bleed.html

To which I replied...
In other words... it would require way more than the few psi that is applied using the pressurized reservoir method in order to break whatever blockage I was encountering in the lines.

Nobody gets out of this life alive.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 11:03 AM
ot1
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
You miss-read the context of my statement... I was replying to @nobby saying that he preferred the pressure from above method. He included a picture of an air adapter affixed to a modified fluid reservoir cap.
Reread the entire #9 post and you will see the correct context.

Originally Posted by nobby View Post
I dislike the pedal method as the master travels into places it doesn't normally travel.

If it's a NEW master....then different story.

I rather use pressure from above....and I can do it all without an assistant....including the slave for my clutch.

https://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c...elf-bleed.html

To which I replied...
In other words... it would require way more than the few psi that is applied using the pressurized reservoir method in order to break whatever blockage I was encountering in the lines.
Yes I did misread, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Roadster Forums > R/C107 SL/SLC Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in