post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 02:02 PM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbit398 View Post
Well, I swapped out the Temperature Regulator from another car and no change. Thinking it must be HVAC controller that has issues.
My next guess would be the push buttons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2017
Vehicle: 1988, 560SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
What are suggesting to do? Are the push buttons replaceable. Or are there also spots to re-solder on them?

I tried to remove the cover surrounding the push buttons but appears I have to remove all the buttons so that can be removed. Is this true? I pulled hard on those buttons but they weren't coming off. The push buttons parts were under the large squarish circuit board. I wasn't sure on how to get that out of the way as I didn't want to break something. I see on your thread that you took yours completely apart; I just wasn't sure about taking it down further.

But appears I need to so I can get at the push buttons. Any pointers appreciated.

thanks
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 04:26 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 300sl 1987
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
iirc if you didn't remove the push buttons you didn't gain access to the full double sided board to resolder *all* solder points (not only those you saw cracked with a magnifying glass). This was my go at it: Reparacion centralita AC - Foro Club w107 EspaŮa I would recommend taking it fully apart + temp wheel + fan speed 3 push button unit, repeat: completely apart and resoldering *all* points. My 2cts.

107's wiki:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Looking for original backseats + their hardware.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2017
Vehicle: 1988, 560SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I think I found the issue with the AC & blower turning off whenever it wants. The electronic connection at the end of the key switch seems to be the culprit. Jiggling the key when the blower/AC compressor have stopped, seems to make them restart. Plan to replace the end of the key switch and hope this solved the issue.

But, now that the AC system is running, I am getting water on the floor board. All four drain pipes are clear. It's the joint between the lowest AC evaporator box piece and the one it connects too.

Of course the car just keeps presenting problems, never stops.....
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 06:03 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2017
Vehicle: 1988 560SL - 79K miles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
I think I found the issue with the AC & blower turning off whenever it wants. The electronic connection at the end of the key switch seems to be the culprit. Jiggling the key when the blower/AC compressor have stopped, seems to make them restart. Plan to replace the end of the key switch and hope this solved the issue.
Orbit, did replacing key terminal fix it? I have the exact same issue! Started taking out the AC controller unit and read your post... I'll be dammed if by jiggling the key the AC doesn't start blowing... the most absurd thing....
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:31 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2015
Vehicle: 1998 C280; 1987 560SL
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Must be a common problem. Mine does the same thing. After starting the car, I turn the key ever so gently counterclockwise and the blower starts blowing. I wonder what they charged for this option!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:48 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2017
Vehicle: 1988 560SL - 79K miles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
From what I gather, it's the ignition switch that must have a lose contact... some other folks report getting engine shutdown, etc.... so it can affect accessory systems (AC, radio, etc. or engine). I might get a replacement ignition switch and see if that does the trick...
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2017
Vehicle: 1984 380SL
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Quote:

But, now that the AC system is running, I am getting water on the floor board. All four drain pipes are clear. It's the joint between the lowest AC evaporator box piece and the one it connects too.

Of course the car just keeps presenting problems, never stops.....
If it makes you feel better orbit, my car pees on me too. Drain plugs are clear.

I wonder if it has something to do with non operating vent flaps. I got mine all working but its not humid enough to condense yet. So no idea.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 06:21 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 300sl 1987
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Oh wow didn't know about the ignition switch.

Mine drips water from the condensation on the AC piping and it's insulation peeling off. Amend insulation. I notice by driving with sandals where freezing water would drip on my toes! Try the sandals test lol

107's wiki:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Looking for original backseats + their hardware.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Roadster Forums > R/C107 SL/SLC Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in