Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 08:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2012
Vehicle: 1989 560SL; 2014 E350; 1960 190SL-sold; 1996 280C-sold
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Sounds like it might have been a fun event with dinner on Friday and the car show on Saturday. The surroundings seem attractive as well.

My first and last experience with MBCA events also involved a "car show", but it was about 3 hours of members-only in the parking lot of one of the nearby dealerships. There were no dinners or restaurants involved, and if there was any food at all, it escapes my memory. The GTG's with the members here are SO much more friendly and enjoyable!

I keep my MBCA membership for the various discounts, but haven't attended any more of their events. Initially, I joined for the forums, but they have mutated into something that's virtually useless. In recent times, I referred some members to BW for answers/solutions to their questions/problems, but I was privately chastised for taking the attention away from MBCA.

Hopefully, those who attended the NC event this weekend enjoyed the experience.

Robert AKA: EEEEZY
You can't get us confused. I'm also "Nice", but NYYYCE is NEVER "Easy"!

The secret to happiness? Stay away from assholes!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2016
Vehicle: 86 560SL
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Oh this is funny. I was wondering why NYYYCE & EEEZY responded in past tense. Just looked at the link and it states the show was in 2016.

Below you’ll find the information for this year’s show.

Here is the correct link
https://www.mbca.org/node/7354050 (for some reason it will not let me edit the original post)

Shelton Vineyards Shine N Show

Triangle Section
Mercedes-Benz Club of America

Shelton Vineyards
August 24 & 25
SHINE N SHOW

Start polishing your Mercedes to get ready for arguably the best Mercedes car show in North Carolina!

It's Shelton Vineyards Mercedes Car Show this August 25th. Many of you have been to this event and know firsthand what a beautiful venue Shelton provides for show casing our beloved brand. For those not familiar with Shelton Vineyards, it provides wonderful shady lawns for displaying cars and just sitting around enjoying friends. And, it's FREE! No entry or admission costs.

Make it a weekend getaway - AUGUST 24 & 25 - and enjoy the company of your fellow Tarheel, Carolinas and Triangle sections members starting with dinner Friday night at The Putter's Restaurant next door the Shelton Vineyards Hampton Inn at 6:30pm. Dinner at 7:00pm.
Come early on Friday, AUGUST 24th and enjoy going to the other wineries in the area, or to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway. You can also have the "Famous Pork Chop Sandwich" at The Snappy Lunch in nearby Mt. Airy!

Make plans to be there Friday or Saturday, or BOTH! Car show is Saturday from 10 am to 3 pm, gates open about 8:30 a.m.

For additional information call: Barry Huff 336-771-1030 or Gary Swinkey 828-320-2659
There are hotel rooms held for MBCA for this event at the Shelton Vineyards Hampton Inn 150 Charlestowne Dr, Dobson, NC 27017 at the special rate of $139 per night. Call for Reservations (336) 353-9400.

The Harvest Grille located on the vineyard grounds is a great place for lunch on the 25th and reservations will be "first come-first serve". Please call the Hampton Inn directly at 336 353-9400 for rooms and the Harvest Grille at 336-366-3590 to make your reservations ASAP. (If the Hampton Inn is booked, there are several other nice hotels within 10 miles of the venue.)

RECAP:
Friday, 24th Open for you to explore the area and then at gather at 6:30p.m. - Dinner at 7:00pm at the Putters Restaurant. Pre-set menu for the group.
Saturday, 25th 8:30 a.m. - gates open to FREE registration for car show
10 a.m. to 3 p.m. - car show Gates open at 8:30a.m.
Sunday, 26th 9:30am-11:30am- Regional Meeting hosted by Regional Director,
Doug Geganto in the meeting room at the Hampton Inn.

Hope to see a lot of you there!

Triangle Section - Mercedes-Benz Club of America
5001 Swift Ridge Rd.
Raleigh, North Carolina 27606
239-872-0342

STAY CONNECTED:
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A1403BBB-1EED-40B8-BC93-D2051D69E7C2.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	2441473  

Last edited by RLT61; 07-16-2018 at 07:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2016
Vehicle: 86 560SL
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYYCE&EEEEZY View Post
Sounds like it might have been a fun event with dinner on Friday and the car show on Saturday. The surroundings seem attractive as well.

My first and last experience with MBCA events also involved a "car show", but it was about 3 hours of members-only in the parking lot of one of the nearby dealerships. There were no dinners or restaurants involved, and if there was any food at all, it escapes my memory. The GTG's with the members here are SO much more friendly and enjoyable!

I keep my MBCA membership for the various discounts, but haven't attended any more of their events. Initially, I joined for the forums, but they have mutated into something that's virtually useless. In recent times, I referred some members to BW for answers/solutions to their questions/problems, but I was privately chastised for taking the attention away from MBCA.

Hopefully, those who attended the NC event this weekend enjoyed the experience.
The local section (to me) is pretty active and the events a usually well attended. I try to go if time allows. I looked at the MBCA forum once and that is deader than a door nail. I donít think I signed in more than 5 times on their website in 2 1/2 years of membership.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 04:26 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2012
Vehicle: 1989 560SL; 2014 E350; 1960 190SL-sold; 1996 280C-sold
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLT61 View Post
Oh this is funny. I was wondering why NYYYCE & EEEZY responded in past tense. Just looked at the link and it states the show was in 2016.
You think it was funny that the event was actually in 2016, and I thought it took place this past weekend! I must have had too much to drink that night!

The upcoming event also sounds like it'll be fun. Wish it was closer, but don't tell Nobby... when we GTG next month, he'll give me a hard time about not driving to NC.
RLT61 likes this.

Robert AKA: EEEEZY
You can't get us confused. I'm also "Nice", but NYYYCE is NEVER "Easy"!

The secret to happiness? Stay away from assholes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Roadster Forums > R/C107 SL/SLC Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in