Followed-up with Motorsport-Tech, the company
recommended, and talked to Lenny about what I am trying to do.
He recommends custom spacers 23mm thick with helicoils. The spacer would mount to the hub and the wheel mounts to the spacer.
As stated in my first post I want to use the R129 wheel (see pic.)
There are several benefits going this route:
1. Wheels size 8x16 ET34 with 23mm spacer - effective ET=11.
2. The R129 wheel uses the same bolts as the wheel that is currently on the car. No need to purchase new bolts.
3. I can keep my current spare wheel and donít need to pack extra wheel bolts. I will need to remove the spacer in case of a flat tire.
4. The head of the wheel bolt will be flush with the surface of the wheel.
5. Price of the custom made spacers (4) is $320 shipped, which is about 1/3 more than quality spaces from H&R but I donít need new bolts.
Are there any major concerns going this route?