GTG at the Man Cave Oct 26-28, 2018 - Page 14 - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 184 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Outstanding Contributor
 
roncallo's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
Location: NC
Posts: 9,473
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmoser View Post
At the GTG: John's V12 R107 is quite a sight.
It had a nice subdued sound backing out of the garage to make space.

While Nobby had the Pig (his 1983 280SL) up on the lift, I inspected the undercarriage ... he calls it the "PIG" but its mechanically as nice as any I have seen - I saw absolutely no rust. Forgot to take a photo while on the lift other than on the brake job.

George (RLT61) drove to the GTG with his acrylic glass wind blockeron his 560SL. Really nice DIY.
I distinctly remember when he posted here how he fabricated it.
I really need to do something with that AC line. Like hook it up to a condenser.
cwmoser and rockcrusher like this.
roncallo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #132 of 184 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 12:34 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Hijak's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2018
Vehicle: 1974 450SL, Dark_Blue/Parchment, 75K mi.
Location: De Pere, WI
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Garage
Looks like it was a fun & knowledge filled weekend! Safe travels to all those driving home.
@RLT61 is that your silver 107 with the Euro bumpers? It looks like you deleted the front indicators...are you using front side markers as indicators?
Hijak is offline  
post #133 of 184 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 01:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
RLT61's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2016
Vehicle: 86 560SL
Location: Greater Hotlanta
Posts: 1,243
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijak View Post
Looks like it was a fun & knowledge filled weekend! Safe travels to all those driving home.
@RLT61 is that your silver 107 with the Euro bumpers? It looks like you deleted the front indicators...are you using front side markers as indicators?
Thank you for not noticing them.
Look closer, they are there. Little narrower than the std. ones and with smoked lenses.
Hijak likes this.
RLT61 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #134 of 184 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 01:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
cwmoser's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 1983 380SL, ivory/dk brown, 46k miles, dual roller timing chain. 1986 560SL, red/white, 190K mile.
Location: Advance, NC
Posts: 6,521
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1731 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijak View Post
Looks like it was a fun & knowledge filled weekend! Safe travels to all those driving home.
@RLT61 is that your silver 107 with the Euro bumpers? It looks like you deleted the front indicators...are you using front side markers as indicators?
On the way home from the GTG on I-840 exit ramp to I-40 West, there was a large log laying in the merging lane. Wow, almost ran over that piece of wood and likely would have been disastrous to "Angel". I was looking backward for traffic to merge and swerved to barely miss it. Was not expecting that.

RLT61 showed me his neat solution to turn signals which I like a lot ... he'll have to tell you.

Carl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



"You have chosen to drive a MERCEDES-BENZ, a car in whose construction and production we have taken great pains because we believe that quality is not a matter of chance." -- page 3, Owners Manual 380SL
Timing Chain, Subframe, wiring harness, Climate Control, Rust prevention, etc.
cwmoser is offline  
post #135 of 184 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 05:28 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Hijak's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2018
Vehicle: 1974 450SL, Dark_Blue/Parchment, 75K mi.
Location: De Pere, WI
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLT61 View Post
Thank you for not noticing them.
Look closer, they are there. Little narrower than the std. ones and with smoked lenses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmoser View Post
On the way home from the GTG on I-840 exit ramp to I-40 West, there was a large log laying in the merging lane. Wow, almost ran over that piece of wood and likely would have been disastrous to "Angel". I was looking backward for traffic to merge and swerved to barely miss it. Was not expecting that.



RLT61 showed me his neat solution to turn signals which I like a lot ... he'll have to tell you.
@cwmoser glad your ok and Angel survived that, could have been devastating! And @RTL61 , can’t even see turn signals in the picture above showing front of your car.





Well my problem is that this just won’t do...these big rectangle lights look silly with the nice lines of euro bumpers!

Have been thinking about euro headlights and using the side markers on those as indicators (like that look very much). Your solution would be far less expensive I assume.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A93A9EEA-A655-4078-B225-2EA391767D9F.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	2462205  
Hijak is offline  
post #136 of 184 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 06:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Fonzi's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2010
Vehicle: 450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500seAMG +250seStkW108 350sl4spdX3 500secEuro
Location: Philadelphia Area
Posts: 21,551
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 2341 Post(s)
Garage
GTG at the Man Cave Oct 26-28, 2018

So where are the Canadians tonight? I had a family filled weekend, but as I am getting to the end of the day, I’m wondering where you guys settled in tonight.

.


My signature:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If, you want 70's-80's Mercedes tuner wheels, let me know.
Fonzi is offline  
post #137 of 184 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 06:19 PM
Moderator
 
rowdie's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2008
Vehicle: 1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
Location: OklaMoKan
Posts: 31,171
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijak View Post
@cwmoser glad your ok and Angel survived that, could have been devastating! And @RTL61 , can’t even see turn signals in the picture above showing front of your car.





Well my problem is that this just won’t do...these big rectangle lights look silly with the nice lines of euro bumpers!

Have been thinking about euro headlights and using the side markers on those as indicators (like that look very much). Your solution would be far less expensive I assume.
Euro headlights side lenses are turn signals not side markers.
rowdie is offline  
post #138 of 184 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 06:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
RLT61's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2016
Vehicle: 86 560SL
Location: Greater Hotlanta
Posts: 1,243
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijak View Post
@cwmoser glad your ok and Angel survived that, could have been devastating! And @RTL61 , can’t even see turn signals in the picture above showing front of your car.





Well my problem is that this just won’t do...these big rectangle lights look silly with the nice lines of euro bumpers!

Have been thinking about euro headlights and using the side markers on those as indicators (like that look very much). Your solution would be far less expensive I assume.
Below you’ll see a close up of one of the turn signals.
Doing this you will lose the front parking light (the turn signals have no provisions to use a dual filament bulb). I replaced the parking light with a resistor so it wouldn’t trigger the warning light on the dashboard.
Here is the link where I bought them.
sl-edition-shop - Blinker "smoke" USA für alle R/C 107
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C6316CB5-E949-480F-8121-7D4BAFA44F5A.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	2462207  
cwmoser, roncallo and CavallinoRed like this.

Last edited by RLT61; 10-28-2018 at 06:33 PM.
RLT61 is offline  
post #139 of 184 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Outstanding Contributor
 
roncallo's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
Location: NC
Posts: 9,473
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLT61 View Post
Below you’ll see a close up of one of the turn signals.
Doing this you will lose the front parking light (the turn signals have no provisions to use a dual filament bulb). I replaced the parking light with a resistor so it wouldn’t trigger the warning light on the dashboard.
Here is the link where I bought them.
sl-edition-shop - Blinker "smoke" USA für alle R/C 107
Nice solution
roncallo is offline  
post #140 of 184 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Outstanding Contributor
 
roncallo's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
Location: NC
Posts: 9,473
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzi View Post
So where are the Canadians tonight? I had a family filled weekend, but as I am getting to the end of the day, I’m wondering where you guys settled in tonight.
Ill bet they are rolling in right about now. Or maybe at the border.

Last edited by roncallo; 10-28-2018 at 07:07 PM.
roncallo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Roadster Forums > R/C107 SL/SLC Class

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome