Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Mar 2015
Vehicle: 2007 CL600, 2003 SL55AMG, 1987 560SEL ECE, 1985 280SL
Location: Oslo, Norway
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Correct, I have a K-jet (with lambda).
First read-thru comments:
- Well written, easy to follow and with good pictures/graphics
- Divided into two main areas, pulse systems (e.g. D and L jetronic) and continuous systems (CIS - e.g. K/KE jetronic)
- Troubleshooting is presented with good explanations but you need to be above beginner DIY to understand the procedures.
- Last chapter on tuning/performance enhancement basically said “no need to try, the stock system is as good as its get”.
- A lot of focus on closed loop systems (lambda) and how this works, which was very good. I now know the importance of an O2 sensor!
- All components of a Fuel injection systems are well explained, maybe with the exception of the Idle control unit we have in SL’s (but that’s not formally a part of the injection system).
I would recommend it to all that want to know more on the operation and troubleshooting of Bosch fuel injection systems.
Stay flexible - keep smiling
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.