post #31 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015, 02:33 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2012
Vehicle: 1977 W116 450SEL and 1988 W126 560SEC
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adler View Post
Need to check if door seals from Germany are repackaged uro products or the real thing!lots of German companies are sourcing from China including lemforder.
The manufacturing in China can be done to completely different standards, tolerances and using a multitude of materials that may seem to be the same, but they aren't.

The way I see it is that a URO component will never be in the same league with its equivalent from a reputable brand such as Lemförder, even if they are both manufactured in the same country.

On a related topic is MTC far from URO, or is it same crap different pile type deal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 03:33 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2007
Vehicle: 1984 380SL, 1985 500SEC
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I came across this post and definitely wanted to chime in here so you all have a "behind the scenes" perspective.

The URO team is made up of passionate enthusiasts such as yourselves, and we definitely understand where you’re all coming from.

We recently developed our “URO Premium” brand to accomplish what many of the passionate enthusiasts desire: replacement parts that are superior to OEM at a reasonable price. Our URO Premium window regulators accomplish this, as well as our URO Premium metal engine pulleys, aluminum t-stat housings, etc. However, 99% of our product line is not engineered to be superior to OEM. These parts are designed to be comparable to OEM for less money, creating great value for the DIY enthusiast. However, the cost savings is not due to the use of inferior materials or shoddy manufacturing (at least not since we expanded our QC capabilities several years ago). We’re able to offer low prices because our reproduction parts don’t require years of expensive R&D to develop and validate, which original equipment manufacturers must recoup in the form of high retail prices.

Have we failed to provide acceptable quality on some products over the years due to inadequate materials testing and manufacturing QC? The answer is undoubtedly yes. Have we improved in these areas and fixed many, many quality issues? I can say with 100% certainty, a resounding YES! In the last few years we have made drastic company changes and have spent a fortune revamping our product line. Today we have seven full-time mechanical and electrical engineers, a material testing laboratory, an arsenal of life-cycle and destructive testing equipment, and a complete library of OEM samples to test against.

As a company, URO cares more than you all can imagine. We don’t want any of our products to fail prematurely, and if there’s an inherent problem causing a failure we’re going to do our damndest to fix it. But at the end of the day, our standard products are for commuters who just want a good part at a low cost. For serious enthusiasts who demand the highest quality at any price, we’re proud to offer the URO Premium line. Hopefully the difference will be clear to our potential customers, and whichever URO part they choose will satisfy their budget and expectations.

Thank you all for your candid feedback. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance to you or another forum member.
cwmoser and yka like this.
post #33 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 04:13 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2014
Vehicle: 1995 Toyota Avalon; 1977 450SL
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Which R107 rubber components are included in the URO "Premium" product line? How are "Premium" products identified i.e. physically on the product?

Thank you for clarifying the steps URO is taking to improve fit and quality. If you search BenzWorld forum responses, you'll find various problematic rubber components...A-pillar comes to mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 04:26 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Sep 2012
Vehicle: 300sel W109, 280S 70 , 220s 62. 230 66. Lancia Flavia 63.Pininfarina
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
The main issue, very limited lifespan. suspension bushing, drivetrain parts like flex discs must be as good as original ,here anything less than 'supurb', will have disastrous consequences
post #35 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 04:38 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satcho View Post
Which R107 rubber components are included in the URO "Premium" product line? How are "Premium" products identified i.e. physically on the product?

Thank you for clarifying the steps URO is taking to improve fit and quality. If you search BenzWorld forum responses, you'll find various problematic rubber components...A-pillar comes to mind.
We don't currently have any R107 rubber components under this line. All the URO Premium parts have a "PRM" suffix in the part number and have the seal below:

Our engineering team has recently gone through all our 107 seals and is currently waiting for samples with all the necessary corrections before we run our next production.
post #36 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 05:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2009
Vehicle: 1988 560SL (California Model)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UROpartsman View Post

Thank you all for your candid feedback. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance to you or another forum member.
UROpartsman I wish you success in improving your products however I believe that you have a "tough road to hoe" in front of you. I for one have never had a URO part fail or not fit. Why? Because I have never bought one due to the bad reputation here and on other forums. One of the first things you learn is to avoid URO parts like the plague. Hopefully you can turn this around. I would welcome quality parts at a fair price...who wouldn't?

Suggest you post also on the W126 forum but don't expect a warm welcome.

W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class - Mercedes-Benz Forum
post #37 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 05:45 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reno4u2 View Post
UROpartsman I wish you success in improving your products however I believe that you have a "tough road to hoe" in front of you.
Of course you're absolutely right, but we have to start somewhere and that's why I'm here today. Many users have heard stories from 5+ years ago or read hearsay like this that wasn't even us:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check Codes View Post
I seem to recall hearing that they were the supplier behind the harmonic balancer debacle.
Many for some reason think we're a company out for profit alone without a care of how our product performs, which is just the opposite of who we are.

It's time we start a dialogue to dispel some of the rumors and hopefully win some confidence back.
cwmoser likes this.
post #38 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 06:19 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

If you REALLY want to promote a new and improved URO product on BenzWorld please contact these folk, [email protected], regarding Supporting Vendor status.

Product promotion by other than Supporting Vendors is verboten and can result in account suspension.

This discussion is borderline...
post #39 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 07:53 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Sep 2012
Vehicle: 300sel W109, 280S 70 , 220s 62. 230 66. Lancia Flavia 63.Pininfarina
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Heartening to know a change in quality of URO products .
Awaiting to see premium products for my 111,108 126 Models .
In the end Highly finished quality door seals from URO will set the benchmarks for reliability. .
post #40 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 09:48 PM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: Dec 2013
Vehicle: 1987 560SL
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
I just installed a URO receiver-drier. Fit and finish are good, no issues with the install. Filled system with 1KG of R12 and it is cooling to 40F. So far it is doing its job but maybe in a few years there will be issues. For the low price paid I could replace it again in two years and still come out ahead. I think the most important attribute of non-critical aftermarket components is a perfect fit right out of the box. For critical components (drivetrain, engine, suspension, steering, etc.) the most important attribute is quality that meets or exceeds the original; and for MB that invariably means dealer parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Roadster Forums > R/C107 SL/SLC Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in