Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1390 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oefvetw124lover View Post
this is one issue i just dont get...

for the PRO LIFE crowd: do you want more kids born out of wedlock roaming the streets?
why not keep it as is. if you think abortion is wrong and against Jesus, then let Jesus handle it in the afterlife.

for the Pro Choice crowd: I dont want my tax dollars paying for abortion so as long as its paid from donations then its ALL GOOD !

dont we have bigger things to deal with than this?
Exactly how I felt when Dick Cheney pushed for genocidal action in Iraq, which all informed people knew would lead to civil war. There was no good argument for pursuing an action that would lead to ME instability, empower Iran, and personally enrich Mr. Cheney. Yet I was dragged kicking and screaming the whole way into a position in which I bore some responsibility (via my tax dollars) for mass-murdering innocent brown people.

Now in regard to your specific position, there is actually a good argument for using tax dollars on birth control measures, and that is that without these measures, unwanted children will grow into unwanted adults who place a far greater strain on our resources than the cost of birth control. Sometimes (well most times, really) we're better off playing the long game.

"2016 will go down in history as the year America lowered its expectations beneath the threshold of a first world country"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 174 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 02:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 92 300CE/1996 mustang cobra (supercharged)/12 Civic/15 F150/04 F150 mud truck
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1675 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to oefvetw124lover Send a message via Yahoo to oefvetw124lover
unwanted children will grow into unwanted adults who place a far greater strain on our resources than the cost of birth control- AGREED
but tax rich people for it !
GeeS likes this.

Carl J. J

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Veteran
Great state of NY, USA

“Today is only one day in all the days that will ever be. But what will happen in all the other days that ever come can depend on what you do today."
post #113 of 174 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 1995 S500 - 1986 420SEL
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 10525 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Florida state Representative says God has told him to rewrite abortion bill with no exceptions

Quote:
A Florida state representative told a group that God told him to a rewrite an abortion bill without exceptions for rape or incest.

In a speech given to Women for Responsible Legislation group in Pensacola, Florida, state representative Mike Hill said God spoke directly to him about a restrictive abortion bill he had previously tried and failed to pass in Florida’s legislature.

"As plain as day, God spoke to me,” Mr Hill, a Republican, told the group. “He said 'that wasn't my bill,' talking about the heartbeat detection bill that I filed. He said 'that wasn't my bill.'"

“I knew immediately what he was talking about,” the state representative confirmed.

The bill which Mr Hill, and, allegedly, God, were referring to would have restricted abortions after a fetal heartbeat is detected. Mr Hill’s proposed version of the ban, which is currently sweeping the nation in various forms, included exceptions for rape, incest, medical emergency, human trafficking, and domestic violence.

Mr Hill told the group he included the exception in hopes of getting the bill passed, but the proposed law died before getting a committee hearing, which he lamented was more focused on "health care, transportation, and the Everglades" than his attempt at an abortion ban, according to the Pensacola News Journal.

Mr Hill says he’s currently working on a new bill, with outside help.

"[God] said, 'you remove those exceptions and you file it again.' And I said 'yes Lord, I will'," Mr Hill said. "It's coming back. It's coming back. We are going to file that bill without any exceptions, just like what we saw passed in Alabama."

On Friday, the ACLU and Planned Parenthood sued the state of Alabama for its unconstitutional abortion ban. Representatives of the ACLU of Alabama told The Independent on Thursday that they expect the legal fight to take around three years. Abortion remains legal in the state for now.
post #114 of 174 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 03:17 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Why are crazy people serving as representatives in our government? Oh wait, never mind...

"2016 will go down in history as the year America lowered its expectations beneath the threshold of a first world country"
post #115 of 174 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 03:34 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Hey look, I found something you can treat your local GOP voters with.

For-Bid Stool Eating Preventative

post #116 of 174 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 05:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: Vogon constructor fleet.
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 2237 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oefvetw124lover View Post

for the Pro Choice crowd: I dont want my tax dollars paying for abortion so as long as its paid from donations then its ALL GOOD !

dont we have bigger things to deal with than this?
You HAVE heard of the Hyde Amendment, haven't you?

...and to the 2nd part, the answer is no. Jesus said so.

Pecuniam Habere Nobis Necesse Est...
post #117 of 174 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
All these abortion laws are mobilizing a lot of people. I see a 08 Obama type election in the horizon...
post #118 of 174 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 05:55 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: '74 & '78 450 SEL
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2047 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenT View Post
All these abortion laws are mobilizing a lot of people. I see a 08 Obama type election in the horizon...
Won't happen.

Trump will abolish the position of president and declare himself Fuhrer for life. Then he'll get rid of Congress and the courts and issue orders to have all the racial, ethnic, and religious minorities report to the concentration camps for liquidation.

Election. HAH!

Just you watch.
post #119 of 174 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
You need to stop giving the mango ideas...
post #120 of 174 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 10:15 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenT View Post
You need to stop giving the mango ideas...
I often wonder what might be swirling around inside that near void..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in