post #501 of 2290 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 06:26 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jul 2011
Vehicle: Mercedes W124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 708 Post(s)
https://townhall.com/columnists/walt...ngNewsCarousel
Quote:
Let's throw out a few numbers so we can put in perspective the NFL players taking a knee during the playing of the national anthem. Many say they are protesting against police treatment of blacks and racial discrimination. We might ask just how much sense their protest makes.
Quote:
Here are the Chicago numbers for the ignored deaths. So far in 2017, there have been 533 murders and 2,880 shootings. On average, a person is shot every two hours and 17 minutes and murdered every 12 1/2 hours. In 2016, when Colin Kaepernick started taking a knee, Chicago witnessed 806 murders and 4,379 shootings. It turns out that most of the murder victims are black. Adding to the tragedy is the fact that Chicago has a 12.7 percent murder clearance rate. That means that when a black person is murdered, his perpetrator is found and charged with his murder less than 13 percent of the time.
Quote:
Many Americans, see the black NFL player protest of police brutality as pathetic, useless showboating. Seeing as these players have made no open protest against the thousands of blacks being murdered and maimed by blacks, they must view it as trivial in comparison with the police killings. Most of the police killings fit into the category of justified homicide.
Quote:
How much condemnation do black politicians, civil rights leaders, and liberal whites give to the wanton black homicides in our cities? When have you heard them condemning the very low clearance rate, whereby most black murderers get away with murder? Do you believe they would be just as silent if it were the Ku Klux Klan committing the murders?

Last edited by Disley; 10-03-2017 at 06:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #502 of 2290 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 06:34 AM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
That appears to be a problem, Dis, but that's a different problem, isn't it? The last paragraph smacks of a diversionary tactic, typical "look over there" kind of thing. Both problems merit attention.
Doni and oldmako like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #503 of 2290 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 10:54 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenT View Post
Oh man... newbie that I just helped puts me in an uncomfortable situation..

Lesee... how big is this phone booth, because on twitter alone he has almost 50K followers. That doesn't include instagram, his website, his FB page or the fact that he's not even all of the KKK but its most visible asshole.

KKK sympathizers don't walk around with t-shirts announcing their support, they are like roaches living in the dark, shine a light and they all scatter like the POS they are.

Also too... there are many, many other supremacist groups other than the KKK, specially young fascists ones that consider them old guard.
As of 2016, the Anti-Defamation League puts total Klan membership nationwide at around 3,000, while the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) puts it at 6,000 members total.[19]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan
post #504 of 2290 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 11:30 PM
~BANNED~

HuffPo: 'Breitbart Had the Top Facebook Post of Any Major U.S. Publisher' After Trump NFL Remarks - Breitbart

Quote:
The Facebook post in question ó which received over 267,000 reactions, 16,000 comments, and was shared almost 529,000 times as of this writing ó can be found below:

Quote:
President Donald Trumpís weekend attacks on the NFL and its players coincided with massive increases in Facebook audience for right-wing news sites, but only modest gains for centrist and left-wing news sites, according to Facebook data analyzed by HuffPost.
post #505 of 2290 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 09:16 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 1995 S500 - 1986 420SEL
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 10294 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disley View Post
As of 2016, the Anti-Defamation League puts total Klan membership nationwide at around 3,000, while the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) puts it at 6,000 members total.[19]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan

From your link.

Quote:
The modern KKK is not one organization; rather it is composed of small independent chapters across the United States. According to a 1999 ADL report, the KKK's estimated size then was "No more than a few thousand, organized into slightly more than 100 units." In 2017, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), which monitors extremist groups, estimated that there were "at least 29 separate, rival Klan groups currently active in the United States, and they compete with one another for members, dues, news media attention and the title of being the true heir to the Ku Klux Klan." The formation of independent chapters has made KKK groups more difficult to infiltrate, and researchers find it hard to estimate their numbers. Analysts believe that about two-thirds of KKK members are concentrated in the Southern United States, with another third situated primarily in the lower Midwest.

The Klan has expanded its recruitment efforts to white supremacists at the international level. For some time, the Klan's numbers have been steadily dropping. This decline has been attributed to the Klan's lack of competence in the use of the Internet, their history of violence, a proliferation of competing hate groups, and a decline in the number of young racist activists who are willing to join groups at all.

According to a 2016 analysis by the SPLC, hate groups in general are on the rise in the United States. The ADL published a report in 2016 that concluded: "Despite a persistent ability to attract media attention, organized Ku Klux Klan groups are actually continuing a long-term trend of decline. They remain a collection of mostly small, disjointed groups that continually change in name and leadership."

In 2015, however, the number of KKK chapters nationwide grew from 72 to 190. The SPLC released a similar report stating that "there were significant increases in Klan as well as black separatist groups."
Recent KKK membership campaigns have stimulated people's anxieties about illegal immigration, urban crime, civil unions, and same-sex marriage. In 2006 J. Keith Akins argued that, "Klan literature and propaganda is rabidly homophobic and encourages violence against gays and lesbians ... Since the late 1970s, the Klan has increasingly focused its ire on this previously ignored population."

Many KKK groups have formed strong alliances with other white supremacist groups, such as neo-Nazis. Some KKK groups have become increasingly "nazified", adopting the look and emblems of white power skinheads.

Hmm... I wonder what happenned in 2015...

post #506 of 2290 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 10:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: '74 & '78 450 SEL
Quoted: 1961 Post(s)
Quote:
In 2015, however, the number of KKK chapters nationwide grew from 72 to 190. The SPLC released a similar report stating that "there were significant increases in Klan as well as black separatist groups."

As I explained before (while providing a link to the SPLC with supporting facts) the increase in number of chapters represents nothing more than the continuing fragmentation and disintegration of the existing groups. There may be more groups but there are fewer total members and most of these so called "organizations" are nothing more than a handful of inbred goobers from the same town (or even the same family) who have given themselves a token name and claimed themselves to be a serious group.
Disley and pyeager like this.
post #507 of 2290 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 10:03 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Not enough KKK and not enough gun deaths to do anything... I'm beginning to see a pattern.
post #508 of 2290 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 10:24 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenT View Post
Not enough KKK and not enough gun deaths to do anything... I'm beginning to see a pattern.

I don't care what you do. Spend your days wringing your hands over the KKK and the NRA and piss and moan about how the eeeeeeeeeeevil Repblulicans are bringing back slavery, genocide and the subjugation of women. Worry yourself to an early grave over it for all I care - It's your choice.

Just leave me out of it. I have many worthwhile things in my life and I don't appreciate being bombarded from all sides, 24/7, with trivial shit being presented as the greatest crises ever to hit America.
Disley and pyeager like this.
post #509 of 2290 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 10:31 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Hey, I get you... I'll stop bombarding you with the growth of supremacists and the gun deaths in the nation.

Trivial shit, I get it.
post #510 of 2290 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 02:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in