Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 1995 S500 - 1986 420SEL
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 10619 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Proctologist View Post
We're talking about it for a few reasons:

It wouldn't have gotten media attention if the guy woulda been white

Exactly my point. Had the guy been white, the father with the kid would have never paid any attention nor made a call to the cops. There would have been no need, no danger perceived.

As to the rest of the post... words are nice, actions are even nicer. The poster in question has a habit of claiming he's not racist or bigot, yet, has a knack of defending for some nominal reason those that are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2372 of 2393 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 08:26 AM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenT View Post
Exactly my point. Had the guy been white, the father with the kid would have never paid any attention nor made a call to the cops. There would have been no need, no danger perceived.

As to the rest of the post... words are nice, actions are even nicer. The poster in question has a habit of claiming he's not racist or bigot, yet, has a knack of defending for some nominal reason those that are.
He didn't say the father with the kid would have never paid any attention, etc., he said the media wouldn't have latched onto the event.
JimSmith and The Proctologist like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2373 of 2393 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 10:05 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: '74 & '78 450 SEL
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2099 Post(s)
Quote:

As the "poster in question" I feel compelled to respond to your implication that I'm a racist. You dont have the balls to say it explicitly (plus you know that it will make you sound like an unreasonable pud if you do) so you just float the implication that I'm a white supremacist sympathiser and hope others will infer it.

It's interesting to me that you have a habit of actually doing yourself exactly what you falsely accuse others of doing. Like strawman arguments, personal attacks, and constant innuendo.

Surely you remember when another poster implied that you were a pedophile. On principle, I stuck up for you and slammed him down for crossing the line and acting like a shameful POS. I've stuck up for others as well, under similar circumstances, and it doesn't matter to me how close or how far apart we might be politically.

It's baffling to me how you can't see the hypocrisy inherent in your practice of casually tossing out accusations of racism whenever you dont agree with or understand or like what someone else has to say or when you get called out for saying something stupid.

Understand this: accusations of racism are at least as serious as accusations of pedophilia. Perhaps more so.

So stop being an asshole and take it off of your playlist of things to say when you want a cheap and easy way to try to shut someone up.

Last edited by hbar; 07-14-2019 at 10:12 AM.
post #2374 of 2393 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 03:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman View Post
He didn't say the father with the kid would have never paid any attention, etc., he said the media wouldn't have latched onto the event.

Because... for the millionth time... had the guy been white, the father with the kid would have never paid any attention nor made a call to the cops. There would have been no need, no danger perceived.

He did, he was caught on tape... fill in the rest.
Doni likes this.
post #2375 of 2393 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 04:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbar View Post
As the "poster in question" I feel compelled to respond to your implication that I'm a racist. You dont have the balls to say it explicitly (plus you know that it will make you sound like an unreasonable pud if you do) so you just float the implication that I'm a white supremacist sympathiser and hope others will infer it.

I don't have to say anything, you've proved me right many times. In this very thread you have defended/excuse slavery because... hey, others did it too. And a racist asshole who thought it was the race police.

And then the many other examples, this one being one of them...

https://www.benzworld.org/forums/off...mn-antifa.html

@The Proctologist , I can't quote you but you included this about hbar as part of a larger post...

Quote:
Every time I start thinking you might be alright you pull some bullshit out like this, you and I agree on so much than fwoop, booooolshit...

seriously, a fucking third grader wouldn't take your side of this argument, lessen he was raised wearing white sheets

The point being he's not on my side nor am I on his... for obvious reasons.

The Proctologist likes this.
post #2376 of 2393 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 04:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: '74 & '78 450 SEL
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2099 Post(s)
Quote:
In this very thread you have defended/excuse slavery because... hey, others did it too.

This just proves beyond doubt that you're too dimwitted to understand the relatively complex ideas that normal adults usually discuss. Your comment is a textbook example of a strawman argument - you've misrepresented my statements and then attacked your own misrepresentation.

No rational, intelligent adult could possibly read anything I've ever said, anywhere, and believe that I'm defending or excusing slavery. And even more ludicrous is the idea that I would ever argue that evil acts committed by some are justified because others also commit them.

Please do yourself a favor and go be stupid somewhere else less visible to reasonable human beings.
Doc Zinger likes this.
post #2377 of 2393 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 04:40 PM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Because... for the millionth time... had the guy been white, the father with the kid would have never paid any attention nor made a call to the cops. There would have been no need, no danger perceived.

He did, he was caught on tape... fill in the rest.
I was correcting your misinterpretation of what Proc said, and nothing more. And, yes, it was a misinterpretation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2378 of 2393 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 04:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: Vogon constructor fleet.
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2278 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Proctologist View Post
We're talking about it for a few reasons:

It wouldn't have gotten media attention if the guy woulda been white
It's likely it wouldn't have risen to the level of a cop telling a mother with her children "I'll blow your fucking head off" for something that any one of us could've paid for by the change under our car seat had the mother-in-question not been a Woman of Color in America.

Long sentence...but concise.

Y'all can debate if such constitutes "racist" or not. I think such a debate falls under the category of "mental masturbation."
post #2379 of 2393 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 04:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2011
Vehicle: 1972 350SL 148,000 miles
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doni View Post
It's likely it wouldn't have risen to the level of a cop telling a mother with her children "I'll blow your fucking head off" for something that any one of us could've paid for by the change under our car seat had the mother-in-question not been a Woman of Color in America.

Long sentence...but concise.

Y'all can debate if such constitutes "racist" or not. I think such a debate falls under the category of "mental masturbation."
That literally has nothing to do with my statement
JimSmith and Doni like this.
post #2380 of 2393 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 06:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: Vogon constructor fleet.
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2278 Post(s)
I know.

You just gave me an entre to air my feelings on the overall subject.

Don’t get touchy.

Last edited by Doni; 07-14-2019 at 08:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Off Topic Section > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in