post #2291 of 2306 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 07:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: Vogon constructor fleet.
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 2183 Post(s)
Now, come ON. Seriously???

Quote:
Police: Teen killed herself with gunshot through her mouth while hands cuffed behind back
https://abcnews4.com/news/nation-wor...qlTGhaU-GA86SI

Pecuniam Habere Nobis Necesse Est...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2292 of 2306 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 01:38 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 1995 S500 - 1986 420SEL
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 10417 Post(s)
^^ Only in America...
post #2293 of 2306 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Good. One less thug...with a badge.....on the streets.

Quote:
Atlanta cop fired after assaulting a Black mom over a traffic ticket (video).

There is an opening in the Atlanta Police Department after a veteran officer was fired. The APD announced that Sgt. James Hines has been terminated over his actions during a May 10, 2019, traffic stop that was caught on video.

The video shows Hines, brutally yanking Maggie Thomas from her car, slamming her to the ground, punching her in the face and deploying a stun gun. All of this in the presence of her 4-year-old daughter who is heard screaming in terror. Thomas was stopped for speeding and the video of her arrest was uploaded to social media and went viral. After viewing the video and the circumstances of the arrest, charges were dropped against Thomas by prosecutors. Thomas and her lawyer plan to bring further legal action because of this encounter.

The Atlanta Police Department released the following statement: “Accordingly, the chief of police directed the Office of Professional Standards to immediately begin investigating the circumstances surrounding this incident. Following its investigation, the Office of Professional Standards determined that the force used during the arrest was unnecessary and inconsistent with Atlanta Police Department training. Subsequently, Sergeant Hines was dismissed from employment on May 17, 2019.”

https://rollingout.com/2019/05/23/at...33cA1iOvsUojSs
cowboyt likes this.

post #2294 of 2306 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

This neanderthal lost his job as well.....+

Quote:
White mall security guard brutalizes Black pregnant woman (video)

A violent incident at a Texas mall has many people questioning the use of force by a mall cop. A video was posted to Facebook that shows a mall security guard, violently trying to arrest a woman who is very pregnant in the company of another small child and a male companion.

According to a Facebook post, the woman was complaining to an Auntie Anne’s food vendor at the Hulen Mall in Fort Worth, Texas. The soon-to-be-mom was trying to get a refund for her purchase. The woman complained that her hotdogs were burned, but the cashier refused to give her a refund and mall security was summoned. Instead of trying to defuse the situation, the unidentified security guard proceeded to arrest the woman and attempted to place her in handcuffs. The pregnant woman fought back against the restraints and her male companion attempts to intervene as her small child screams in fear. At one point the guard maced the woman in her face.

The video has gone viral and now that mall security guard is out of a job. According to WFAA-News, Hulen Mall officials stated that the security company, Allied Universal, was at fault. In a statement, they said the guard was terminated because he “did not use the correct protocol in dealing with one of Auntie Anne’s customers.”[

The woman was not injured in the attack and local police have not filed any charges against her or the security guard.
https://rollingout.com/2019/05/22/wh...KZJlf73MpnD2lQ
cowboyt likes this.

post #2295 of 2306 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 1995 S500 - 1986 420SEL
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 10417 Post(s)
Fired... how about prosecuted?
DEVOURS and Doni like this.
post #2296 of 2306 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

^^ Like you said before, this is America.

Look at the victims again.
cowboyt likes this.

post #2297 of 2306 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 07:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
A Police Department Sent Almost Every Officer On Duty To The Home Of The Black Woman Listening To A Malcolm X Speech 'Too Loudly'
Local law enforcement seized her electronics in front of her children and issued her a $500 fine.

On the night police raided a North Carolina woman's home for a noise complaint, there were only 10 officers on duty, nine of them were at her home.

On May 16, Mikisa Thompson's home was searched and raided by police after her white neighbor, Don Barnette, claimed she was playing a Malcolm X speech too loudly. Garner Police Officers confiscated a MacBook, an HP laptop, a computer monitor, seven iPhones, computer speakers, an alarm clock, and charging cables around 10 p.m.

In a statement sent to The Indy, Captain Joe Binns defended his officers’ actions by stating a speaker was turned in the direction of the neighbor’s home.

“Our officers did everything they could at the time to try and bring a peaceful conclusion to this issue before seizing the speaker,” Binns wrote. “First, we warned Ms. Thompson and asked her to turn it down. When she refused and received a second complaint, we issued her a citation for violation of the ordinance. And finally, when she continued the loud and unreasonable noise, a search warrant was obtained and the speaker was seized.”

Additionally, Binns said he and his officers were not entirely sure what offended Barnette. Officers assume it was both the volume and the actual content of the Malcolm X speech that riled up the 65-year-old.

According to The Indy, the noise ordinance has vague language that allowed police to decide if the accused violated the law. The time in which the ordinance is in effect is between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. Police were called out at 10 p.m. Barnette claimed Thompson played the speeches as early as 7 a.m. but there is no evidence confirming his accusations. The relationship between the two neighbors has been hostile for some time.

The 65-year-old's labrador retriever reportedly killed Thompson's Yorkie in a previous incident. Additionally, in April, Barnette called the police on the Thompson for a similar alleged noise violation.

As a Black person, Thompson feels the police are targeting her family. Garner Police had a previous run-in with her daughter, Takiyah, who was among the activists in the Durham protests in 2017. Since the raid, the victim and her family have relocated to a hotel.
Pity she doesn't have a studio in her house. I would've run the stuff though my monitor system....subs and all!

https://blavity.com/listening-while-...Aurxdu_Nj_oq74
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lion sheep.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	2515222  
GreenT likes this.

Last edited by Doni; 05-23-2019 at 07:22 PM.
post #2298 of 2306 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 09:20 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Dec 2014
Vehicle: 1990 560SEC, 129,00 miles, in good shape, starting to do some small mods-steering wheel, exhaust
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Garage
[QUOTE=Doni;17794704]Pity she doesn't have a studio in her house. I would've run the stuff though my monitor system....subs and all!

https://blavity.com/listening-while-...Aurxdu_Nj_oq74[/QUOTE

Might not be fair to blame the old white guy, hearing Malcolm at loud level must have scared the bejesus out of him and WTH else could he do but call the cops. When they heard it was something to do with Malcolm X they went it full panic mode, some scary shit going on there!
post #2299 of 2306 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 08:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2016
Vehicle: 2000 S430, 2003 S430, 2003 S600 TT, and 2005 E320 CDI
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 923 Post(s)
Oh, and don't forget that the speaker "was turned in the direction of the neighbor’s home." OH NOES!!!!

Sounds like an old-school White Southern racist to me, defended by White Southern racist cops.

Well, given that there are neighbors on all sides of my own house--and that all of my neighbors are White--I guess that justifies sending 90% of the police force to my home instead of the neighbor just simply knocking on the door and asking if the volume of my jazz music (you know, "Black music"?) could be turned down some. Yeah, I know--actually being *neighborly*?

There is an unofficial frat house in my neighborhood. They're generally pretty considerate. One night, the music was a bit loud. No problem; they were simply asked to turn down the music some. They did, problem solved. Oh, wait--the neighbor (White female) who did this has seen the fraternity members (all are also White). Now, this is nothing against the frat boys; like I said, they're generally very good neighbors and respectful young men. Rather, I wonder what this particular (White female) neighbor would've done had it been, say, an Alpha Phi Alpha house....
Doni likes this.

2000 S430 (Dad's car, used for special occasions)
2000 S500 (best friend's--now WIFE's--DD: my first W220 project car, once gone to, and now returned from, an excellent home--welcome back home, baby!)
2003 S430 (one of two current DD's--second W220 project car)
2003 S600 (third w220 project car, "sex on wheels")
2005 E320 CDI (the other current DD--first W211 project car)

Last edited by cowboyt; 05-24-2019 at 08:31 AM.
post #2300 of 2306 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 09:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyt View Post
Now, this is nothing against the frat boys; like I said, they're generally very good neighbors and respectful young men. Rather, I wonder what this particular (White female) neighbor would've done had it been, say, an Alpha Phi Alpha house....
....or Kappa Alpha Psi....my frat! NUPES UP IN HEAH!!!

We possibly would've had helicopters hovering over the house!
GreenT likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in