Donald Trump - President. The Thread - Page 962 - Mercedes-Benz Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #9611 of 15223 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 07:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
hbar's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: '74 & '78 450 SEL
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,992
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2102 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
“‘Going green’ had fallen away due to the numbers that weren’t quite working. It just became tired. Everybody had ‘gone green.’ They were looking for the next thing, and a Never Trumper is the new ‘I’ve Gone Green’ movement,” Miller said of Hollywood leftists and left-wing activists.

I sit back and delight in it because, I’m telling you, the people at large are going to give them all these small victories,” Miller said of the voters who will tune out leftist elites. But if he denuclearizes the North Korea Peninsula, if this economy keeps raging like this … if he keeps doing this — defusing that whole ‘we’re the intelligence, and you’re the slobs thing — he’s going to leave office in four or eight years — I think, eight — because of what they’re doing,” Miller said of the left and their resistance to Trump.

“You cannot wake up every day with good things on the horizon and then say he’s Adolf Hitler,” Miller continued. People are going to nod. But I’m telling you, as three years hence, as they go to vote — he’s getting re-elected because of all this crap.”

Dennis Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenT View Post
Yes I can, as long as he continues to behave like the damned fascist he is and I don't see any good things in the horizon either.

It was common for the left to refer to W. Bush as "BusHitler" and call him a "fascist" and a "Nazi". This wasn't limited to a handful of kooks on the interwebz it was mainstream and it was constantly in the news.

Such rhetoric was so far over the top that it discredited those on the left who perpetuated it. Bush was hardly a good president, but many normal Americans could see that his many critics were being ridiculous. Bush was elected for a second term and even enjoyed some undeserved support from people who sympathized with him as the target of vulgar namecalling.

Now that Trump is president, what vulgar names can you come up with that don't make it seem as if this is just a repeat of the partisan rhetoric that we all saw with Bush? Now Trump is worse than Hitler. He's worse than a Nazi and worse than a fascist.

Understand that I would be ecstatic if Trump left office today. If he gets kicked out because of some scandal, then that's all the better, as far as I'm concerned. But Trump is getting a lot of mileage out of playing the victim of hateful attacks from an out of control left wing that controls the Democratic Party. This may not be the reality, but it is what it looks like to his increasing pool of supporters.

I've been warning about this ever since Trump was the Republican nominee. The more that the LWNJ's keep comparing him to Hitler and calling him a Nazi and a fascist, the more popular support he will gain from independent Americans who simply don't like this ugliness.

The Democratic Party is pinning its hopes for this upcoming election on convincing the voting public that Trump really is worse than Hitler. They believe this will work because the assume that everybody hates Trump with the same degree of vitriol that they do. And they assume that the same hatred also applies to the entire Republican Party. They're delusional. Trump is a lot of things, but he isn't an idiot. At least not the kind of idiot who doesn't know how to exploit an opportunity to play the victim to his advantage. Democrats have an opportunity to benefit from the pathetic situation that the Republicans have put themselves in, allowing a buffoon like Trump to become the head of their party. They are in the process of pissing away this opportunity because they've allowed their hatred for Trump to short circuit their common sense and good judgement.

Last edited by hbar; 06-08-2018 at 07:20 PM.
hbar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9612 of 15223 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
GreenT's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 1995 S500 - 1986 420SEL
Location: Floriduh
Posts: 61,162
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 10622 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbar View Post
Now Trump is worse than Hitler. He's worse than a Nazi and worse than a fascist.

Another nicely constructed SM.

Enjoy the policies of a non fascist...



I Don't Need to 'Understand' Anyone Who Still Supports This President*

What his administration* is doing to these migrant children is a national disgrace.



.
GreenT is offline  
post #9613 of 15223 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 08:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
hbar's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: '74 & '78 450 SEL
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,992
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2102 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenT View Post
Another nicely constructed SM.


GT disagrees with a post = accuse of being strawman
GT doesn't like a post = accuse of being strawman
GT is offended by a post = accuse of being strawman
GT doesn't understand what a post means = accuse of being strawman
GT needs to pad his own post count = accuse of being strawman
hbar is offline  
post #9614 of 15223 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
GreenT's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 1995 S500 - 1986 420SEL
Location: Floriduh
Posts: 61,162
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 10622 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
And how does he respond to being called on his manipulation of what some one says?... butthurt and more SMs.

Un-fucking-real.

I'm gonna say it one last time... you are pathologically incapable of having an honest discussion without distorting what others say to make a 'point'... as demonstrated here hundreds of times. Utterly incapable.

In the old days guys like you were called full of shit, so spare me the shit.
GreenT is offline  
post #9615 of 15223 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 10:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
hbar's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: '74 & '78 450 SEL
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,992
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2102 Post(s)
^^^ Oh look. Another big pile of GreenTroll feces.

Last edited by hbar; 06-08-2018 at 10:05 PM.
hbar is offline  
post #9616 of 15223 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 10:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Apr 2013
Vehicle: '71 280se 3.5 cab
Location: The South
Posts: 6,668
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2022 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman View Post
Looks to me like the GOP will hold onto the house, but with less of a majority, and pick up some seats in the Senate.

that would take a big growth in trump support across many groups- what numbers are you looking at?
stockdill is offline  
post #9617 of 15223 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 02:59 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
DJ-ZIPPY's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: S Klass 500
Location: the land of the rising fun
Posts: 3,681
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbar View Post
GT disagrees with a post = accuse of being strawman
GT doesn't like a post = accuse of being strawman
GT is offended by a post = accuse of being strawman
GT doesn't understand what a post means = accuse of being strawman
GT needs to pad his own post count = accuse of being strawman
and amalgamating four imaginary strawmen = one imaginary nazi, also general comprehension issues can go directly to racist or nazi depending on the blood pressure to hemorrhoid inflammation ratio
DJ-ZIPPY is offline  
post #9618 of 15223 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 04:14 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Apr 2013
Vehicle: '71 280se 3.5 cab
Location: The South
Posts: 6,668
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2022 Post(s)
glad you two found each other
Doni, CHILCUTT and GreenT like this.
stockdill is offline  
post #9619 of 15223 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
GreenT's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 1995 S500 - 1986 420SEL
Location: Floriduh
Posts: 61,162
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 10622 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbar View Post
^^^ Oh look. Another big pile of GreenTroll feces.

GreenT is offline  
post #9620 of 15223 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 08:25 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
hbar's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: '74 & '78 450 SEL
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,992
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2102 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenT View Post

I'm gonna say it one last time...

Promise?
hbar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > Off Topic Section > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (1 members and 4 guests)
Magnum 56
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome